King in Black Marvel Legends Marvel's Knull & Venom Two-Pack In-Hand Look

JayC

J Hernandez takes a look at the new King in Black Marvel Legends Marvel's Knull & Venom Two-Pack from Hasbro. You can pre-order this from our sponsors Entertainment Earth and BigBadToyStore.com.

This is a production sample sent by Hasbro for purposes of review. Check out images below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about the set in the COMMENTS SECTION.

00.jpg

Knull-Venom-01.jpg

Knull-Venom-02.jpg

Knull-Venom-03.jpg

Knull-Venom-04.jpg

Knull-Venom-05.jpg

Knull-Venom-06.jpg

Knull-Venom-07.jpg

Knull-Venom-08.jpg

Knull-Venom-09.jpg

Knull-Venom-10.jpg

Yeah wow Knull is really quite tall, they did a great job on that scale, I'm excited about this 2 pack, I'm really digging the venom, I had to pull the trigger on this, do I wish Knull was singled packed yes, but would I just have also bought that venom yes, so I guess it doesn't matter they came in a 2 pack.

Overall these things look pretty good, altho I feel like Knulls face could use a black wash as it looks a bit too plainly. Venoms alternate tongue head looks awesome. I also dont really dig that the bottom of Venoms logo is cut off at the joint. Just looks a bit strange to me. I d love to get the set but I just cant spend the amount they want for it. I wish this was on amazon so i could at least cut out the shipping and get it sooner than later. 

I'm just not a fan of using the Movie Venom buck to do a comic based figure. Not a bad buck but something about it just doesn't convert over for the comic look. I was able to buy a loose Knull (fairly cheap) without having to buy the Venom. The wings just aren't that big enough a draw for me. Plus it looks like those wings are just flat static pieces of plastic with no articulation. Just a half-assed effort all around.

On 5/9/2022 at 12:01 PM, monron999 said:

I'm just not a fan of using the Movie Venom buck to do a comic based figure. Not a bad buck but something about it just doesn't convert over for the comic look. I was able to buy a loose Knull (fairly cheap) without having to buy the Venom. The wings just aren't that big enough a draw for me. Plus it looks like those wings are just flat static pieces of plastic with no articulation. Just a half-assed effort all around.

Just what I did, and I had some articulated wings 3D printed a while ago, so I don't need the spare parts either...

Great looking set, Venom is must have, especially with open mouth head that looks perfect one and only Venom I will ever need. Knull is a great figure but I just don't have the same attachment, but what makes me excited for Knull is the opportunity that his (most of ) body might be reused for the future Mephisto figure, won't be the most accurate figure but I bet that body will look really sweet in Red and sculpted details will only make it better.

On 5/9/2022 at 10:39 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah wow Knull is really quite tall, they did a great job on that scale, I'm excited about this 2 pack, I'm really digging the venom, I had to pull the trigger on this, do I wish Knull was singled packed yes, but would I just have also bought that venom yes, so I guess it doesn't matter they came in a 2 pack.

You could get Knull by himself on Dorkside Toys for 20 bucks just by himself because Dorkside decided to sell these individual. Knull is sold out though.

I knew nothing about Knull until I read his bio on the internet. I stopped reading comics a long time ago. At first look I thought he was a vampire lol and was going to pose him fighting Blade. May still do that.............

On 5/9/2022 at 6:22 PM, Dodge76 said:

You could get Knull by himself on Dorkside Toys for 20 bucks just by himself because Dorkside decided to sell these individual. Knull is sold out though.

Yeah like I said though, I do want that Venom anyways, so it's not a problem they come together, it's just sorta the price here in Canada this is 114.99 , so that means each of these figure is about 57 bucks..not sure if I agree with that pricing, they may be big figures but they don't seem like real deluxes IMO, but whatever...tis life with inflation.

On 5/9/2022 at 5:30 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah like I said though, I do want that Venom anyways, so it's not a problem they come together, it's just sorta the price here in Canada this is 114.99 , so that means each of these figure is about 57 bucks..not sure if I agree with that pricing, they may be big figures but they don't seem like real deluxes IMO, but whatever...tis life with inflation.

Yeah, I have to be real picky with the prices being what they are. I wish I could grab everything but I can not. That Venom looks sick...........

On 5/9/2022 at 6:36 PM, Dodge76 said:

Yeah, I have to be real picky with the prices being what they are. I wish I could grab everything but I can not. That Venom looks sick...........

Yeah same, but I don't feel like I'm changing much as a collector being picky, I always have been, I am pretty much a cherry picker, I think maybe I buy 2 whole waves a year usually (I only usually want 2 or 3 BAFs completed each year, and I really try to say no to waves that have less then 4 figures out of 6 I'd want), I try to say no to most MCU stuff and try not to get figures of characters I already have a great version of, but with anything Symbiotes I must get, symbiotes are one of my top collecting items for Legends, I pretty much am compelled to buy them all, and yes this Venom looks dopey dope. In actuality I couldn't lie to myself that I wouldn't fork over 57 bucks to buy that Venom if he was single released and same with Knull so whatever for me.

Venom is impressive. Wish Hasbro were more consistent with his body though. I know he is one character that artist take liberties with but if you stand the last 2-3 Venoms next to each other they could all be completely people under the goo... 

the wings cold be the thing that sways me if I decide to purchase. The pics above look amazing. Guess I didn’t realize you could pose that movie buck so dynamically. 

Knull is meh. As is most characters that arrived after I stopped collecting comics. I guess he is cool design wise but with no attachment I can’t see hanging onto him

On 5/9/2022 at 6:25 PM, Dodge76 said:

I knew nothing about Knull until I read his bio on the internet. I stopped reading comics a long time ago. At first look I thought he was a vampire lol and was going to pose him fighting Blade. May still do that.............

I’ve done that a few times... the most recent Morbius looks nothing like I remember him so I actually grabbed a few and are generic Vampires in my collection.

Also Morlun is Dracula in my world. 

On 5/9/2022 at 6:22 PM, Dodge76 said:

Wait... Knull is $22+ .. Venom is $68 but together you can buy both for $78... Dorkside’s math is worse than what Charmin tells me is a great deal on toilet paper

On 5/9/2022 at 9:36 PM, McHogan said:

Wait... Knull is $22+ .. Venom is $68 but together you can buy both for $78... Dorkside’s math is worse than what Charmin tells me is a great deal on toilet paper

Actually 21.99. I was not to far off.

On 5/9/2022 at 8:43 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah same, but I don't feel like I'm changing much as a collector being picky, I always have been, I am pretty much a cherry picker, I think maybe I buy 2 whole waves a year usually (I only usually want 2 or 3 BAFs completed each year, and I really try to say no to waves that have less then 4 figures out of 6 I'd want), I try to say no to most MCU stuff and try not to get figures of characters I already have a great version of, but with anything Symbiotes I must get, symbiotes are one of my top collecting items for Legends, I pretty much am compelled to buy them all, and yes this Venom looks dopey dope. In actuality I couldn't lie to myself that I wouldn't fork over 57 bucks to buy that Venom if he was single released and same with Knull so whatever for me.

I am a recovering completionist, and I must say Hasbro is making it easier and easier to slide into that Cherry Picker mindset. The last few years, a ton of delayed movie and D+ projects forced ML to push up a lot of comic based products so it was kinda tough on the pocket book. But now they're clearly playing catch up, but I'm enjoying the break.

Not for a long time have I been compelled to complete any particular wave. The last wave I bought any figures I didn't want was the Hyde wave, cuz I just had to have that Hyde. The Eternals came and stayed on the shelves forever but I never had a compulsion to buy even one of them. Had no interest in Rintrah (he was in the movie for what, 5 seconds?), so I cherry picked that wave. Have no interest in Korg, armored Thor looks ridiculous and Starlord is super small so I'll probably pick up Jane Thor and be done with it. The Hawkeye figs are pretty cool but assuming the rest of the figures will come from the Moon Knight show, which contained minimal amounts of actual Moon Knight, I'm gonna assume I'll get off easy on the rest of the wave. As for the BP Legacy figures, I got everything I wanted during the first go-round. The Spidey movie product? They do look good and maybe five years ago you woulda had me, but I'm over it now.

Now I'm just counting the days till I can build my Bonebreaker and Controller BAF's and see how the rest of the year pans out. Still finding it hard not to get disappointed every time Hasbro has a lackluster reveal event, but I'm actually starting to find a lot of comfort in the reveals of all the product I get to save my money by not purchasing.

On 5/9/2022 at 11:20 PM, monron999 said:

I am a recovering completionist, and I must say Hasbro is making it easier and easier to slide into that Cherry Picker mindset. The last few years, a ton of delayed movie and D+ projects forced ML to push up a lot of comic based products so it was kinda tough on the pocket book. But now they're clearly playing catch up, but I'm enjoying the break.

Not for a long time have I been compelled to complete any particular wave. The last wave I bought any figures I didn't want was the Hyde wave, cuz I just had to have that Hyde. The Eternals came and stayed on the shelves forever but I never had a compulsion to buy even one of them. Had no interest in Rintrah (he was in the movie for what, 5 seconds?), so I cherry picked that wave. Have no interest in Korg, armored Thor looks ridiculous and Starlord is super small so I'll probably pick up Jane Thor and be done with it. The Hawkeye figs are pretty cool but assuming the rest of the figures will come from the Moon Knight show, which contained minimal amounts of actual Moon Knight, I'm gonna assume I'll get off easy on the rest of the wave. As for the BP Legacy figures, I got everything I wanted during the first go-round. The Spidey movie product? They do look good and maybe five years ago you woulda had me, but I'm over it now. Just counting the days till I can build my Bonebreaker BAF and see how the rest of the year pans out.

Yeah I could never be a Completionist just doesn't seem right, so I feel some pain that you felt so strongly to do so, even from the jump when I started collecting legends (like for real, not just a figure every 6 months), which was Spider-Man Ultimate Green Goblin wave I always just tried to curb myself. I do however like to build me a BAF once in awhile and enjoy that fresh case to open all in one go, but usually very far and few.

But moving on to the now, it's an easy choice as a consumer to cherry pick now which these astronomical price increases, and I guess we are lucky as more seasoned collectors that we have a wide variety of characters we have wanted that we own, the price increase really alienates the new collector, which is sad, because getting yer hands on those most have figures is next to nuts, and those new collectors don't have much of a choice in any matter...you want so and so...not much flex until Hasbro gets a newer version if they ever might out. The new price increase has really made me put my monocle on when buying figures, really picking and choosing, only BAF I am going to build this year so far is Controller, gotta have that Controller, plus I love that entire wave (minus huh Iron Man, good thing no BAF part), as for Bonebreaker..nah won't even be looking to build him, going to get Siryn, Maggot, Darwin, Vulcan , because they are all firsties in the line, no Thor L&T wave figures for me, The Strange wave only had D'Spayre, Sleepy and America (fine fill in for a comic figure, plus I collect lady legends) for me, Ya Poor Rintrah..we thought he was going to amount to something didn't we, Don't plan on building that What If Ultron, but I will get the Moon Knights (for my Moon Knight obsession) and Kate (for the lady legends collection), Spidey stuff will be getting This 2 Pack, Spinnerette, Iron Spidey,... oh yeah guess I'll get that Toad *sigh*

this 2 pack though is currently next to the Controller wave as my most desired item(s) of the year so far.

Also a recovering completionist, I've got over 600 Legends figures.  This year has changed my game, I still see the figures I want and still get the tug of needing them for the collection, then the white hot anger of the price increases puts my cash and credit card back in my pocket.  Almost $80 for TWO figures?!  Hard Pass ($50 yes).  I did pick up Defender Strange on clearance at Target for $15 (LOL).

I'll pick and choose, find bargains on clearance and hope for the best.  By my calcs, I've already saved almost a grand since last year at this time... or is it that Hasbro has lost a grand of my money?

On 5/9/2022 at 10:20 PM, monron999 said:

Not for a long time have I been compelled to complete any particular wave. The last wave I bought any figures I didn't want was the Hyde wave, cuz I just had to have that Hyde. The Eternals came and stayed on the shelves forever but I never had a compulsion to buy even one of them. Had no interest in Rintrah (he was in the movie for what, 5 seconds?), so I cherry picked that wave. Have no interest in Korg, armored Thor looks ridiculous and Starlord is super small so I'll probably pick up Jane Thor and be done with it. The Hawkeye figs are pretty cool but assuming the rest of the figures will come from the Moon Knight show, which contained minimal amounts of actual Moon Knight, I'm gonna assume I'll get off easy on the rest of the wave. As for the BP Legacy figures, I got everything I wanted during the first go-round. The Spidey movie product? They do look good and maybe five years ago you woulda had me, but I'm over it now.

Now I'm just counting the days till I can build my Bonebreaker and Controller BAF's and see how the rest of the year pans out. Still finding it hard not to get disappointed every time Hasbro has a lackluster reveal event, but I'm actually starting to find a lot of comfort in the reveals of all the product I get to save my money by not purchasing.

I kinda want Bonebreaker but only wanted Syrin in that wave and I got her not long ago. If the prices were back to what they used to be then I would try and pick up that wave but now days I am like thats ok.............

On 5/10/2022 at 12:32 AM, DarthDoodleBob said:

I'll pick and choose, find bargains on clearance and hope for the best.  By my calcs, I've already saved almost a grand since last year at this time... or is it that Hasbro has lost a grand of my money?

Yes, after 3 price hikes, not only is money an issue, but moreso outright disrespect to the fan base. I guess part of the reasoning is to make up for hundreds of millions of loses reported last year, but that was for stupid decisions made mostly with Star Wars products and products from flops like Snake Eyes and the purchase of the Fortnite license. Why does the burden have to fall on the fans of successful lines to make up for?

I hear the new COO was formerly head of the gaming division which has a very rabid fanbase, which is known to pretty much buy everything, and at any cost. I don't think that logic can be applied to the action figure fanbase. Personally, though I'll be spending more per product I will be buying far less product than I did last year and I predict it will save me close to a thousand dollars or more. I predict all the changes with ML, including the ridiculous (and actually counter effective) windowless boxes will actually have a cooling effect that might be the end of the line. Just glad we got a US Agent this year, and a Jigsaw.