Marvel Legends X-Men Bonebreaker BAF Wave Vulcan In-Hand Look

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends X-Men Bonebreaker BAF Wave Vulcan figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor Entertainment Earth.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Vulcan-01.JPG

Vulcan-02.JPG

Vulcan-03.JPG

Vulcan-04.JPG

Vulcan-05.JPG

Vulcan-06.JPG

Vulcan-07.JPG

Vulcan-08.JPG

Vulcan-09.JPG

Vulcan-10.JPG

Vulcan-11.JPG

Vulcan-12.JPG

Vulcan-13.JPG

Vulcan-14.JPG

Figure is pretty boring and I'm not that big of a fan of Vulcan, but that being said I do appreciate the new buck, and I do like the colors of his suit, I think the biggest draw of this character for me is him being brand new to ML and a new character we have never gotten yet, so I will definitely be picking this figure up.

So.

Will hasbro re-issue the likes of Daredevil, Cyclops, etc on this buck, or maybe some newer characters like Red Wolf, Equinox, Arabian Knight, Killraven, Firebrand, Dr. Spectrum first, then the re-issues?

Who knows. Just no way to tell though I'm pretty sure a Daredevil update would be well received by fans.

Actually scratch Red Wolf and Arabian Knight off that list....Red's too tall (6'4") and Knight's probably better on the Spidey buck.

Overall it's a very good looking mold but it isn't without flaws,  if we look at the legs there's something wrong about them, especially the upper legs, if you compare them to other figures you can see that the upper part of the legs are considerably longer, this elongated look is what throws off proportions of the figure. Bucky cap mold had the opposite problem, his upper legs were short and lower too long, yet it was less noticeable in Bucky Cap's case, just check out how much longer are bucky's lower legs compared to Vulcan's, it's especially jarring since new mold is much taller.

On 5/12/2022 at 7:58 PM, Atlantis said:

So.

Will hasbro re-issue the likes of Daredevil, Cyclops, etc on this buck, or maybe some newer characters like Red Wolf, Equinox, Arabian Knight, Killraven, Firebrand, Dr. Spectrum first, then the re-issues?

Who knows. Just no way to tell though I'm pretty sure a Daredevil update would be well received by fans.

Actually scratch Red Wolf and Arabian Knight off that list....Red's too tall (6'4") and Knight's probably better on the Spidey buck.

I hope they release new figures first before doing reissues.

There's endless potential with this and the new Spider-man mold. I would love to see Jim Lee Cyclops on this body, Angel, Daredevil, and Iron Fist. Tarantula, Cardiac, and especially Molten Man would look great on this body and it would be one of the few figures that will benefit from signature Hasbro marbling,  Vulcan is half a head taller than Bucky Cap which makes me wish for this Mold to get shorter legs so we can get shorter and taller character more easily, I remember in one Livestream guys mentioned shriek body mold will also get long legs in the future to accommodate taller female characters.

On 5/15/2022 at 3:43 PM, SpiderS said:

There's endless potential with this and the new Spider-man mold. I would love to see Jim Lee Cyclops on this body, Angel, Daredevil, and Iron Fist. Tarantula, Cardiac, and especially Molten Man would look great on this body and it would be one of the few figures that will benefit from signature Hasbro marbling,  Vulcan is half a head taller than Bucky Cap which makes me wish for this Mold to get shorter legs so we can get shorter and taller character more easily, I remember in one Livestream guys mentioned shriek body mold will also get long legs in the future to accommodate taller female characters.

Well there's the danger of overuse. This buck looks like its intended for 6'0" characters, so its good for Daredevil and Tarantula, but not Iron Fist who's around 5'10", nor Cardiac who's supposed to be 6'2".  My concern is that this new buck isn't as articulated as I thought; it doesnt have the same range of motion the Sunfire/Spider-Man etc. has and that's a pity. I think all Legends figures should have that level of articulation, including female figs.

So the current super articulated figure (which is showing signs already of overuse) covers the figures around the 5'8-5'10" mark, the Vulcan buck does the 6' 0" characters, so we need the larger mold (Magneto, Captain Mar-Vell) covering the 6'2" and up characters to get an upgrade. Actually the Vision and the Sub-Mariner should be on this buck as well.

I stress again, all figures need that articulation and females are no exception.

No, the Thing is not an acrobat and doesn't do kung fu, but there's no anatomical reason why he can't have biceps swivel, double elbow/knee, etc. The Nimrod sentinel isn't designed with exact human proportions so its figure wouldn't require the same. 

Because as everyone knows, the Hasbro design team called me in and desperately wanted my input.

On 5/16/2022 at 4:38 AM, Atlantis said:

Well there's the danger of overuse. This buck looks like its intended for 6'0" characters, so its good for Daredevil and Tarantula, but not Iron Fist who's around 5'10", nor Cardiac who's supposed to be 6'2".  My concern is that this new buck isn't as articulated as I thought; it doesnt have the same range of motion the Sunfire/Spider-Man etc. has and that's a pity. I think all Legends figures should have that level of articulation, including female figs.

So the current super articulated figure (which is showing signs already of overuse) covers the figures around the 5'8-5'10" mark, the Vulcan buck does the 6' 0" characters, so we need the larger mold (Magneto, Captain Mar-Vell) covering the 6'2" and up characters to get an upgrade. Actually the Vision and the Sub-Mariner should be on this buck as well.

I stress again, all figures need that articulation and females are no exception.

No, the Thing is not an acrobat and doesn't do kung fu, but there's no anatomical reason why he can't have biceps swivel, double elbow/knee, etc. The Nimrod sentinel isn't designed with exact human proportions so its figure wouldn't require the same. 

Because as everyone knows, the Hasbro design team called me in and desperately wanted my input.

I doubt Hasbro will make an even taller figure than this which isn't more muscular (Hyperion buck replacement). I think Marvel Legends team not gonna make different bodies so this new Vulcan mold will cover from 6 to 6'3 while the upcoming pin less Spidey everything under 6' to 5'7. Agreed about Thing and Nimrod not having enough articulation, both of them could easily accommodate double-jointed elbows, Thing is already rocky so another Joint wouldn't seem out of place and Nimrod is a robot type, so both of them are better candidates for articulation than the regular human body.