Hasbro Marvel Legends Instagram Live Event Coming This Wednesday (5/18)

JayC

On 5/18/2022 at 2:05 PM, tarot said:

It's a con exclusive so yeah.

Can you elaborate?  I didn't catch the details but does that mean Pulse (paying member) exclusive?  Sadly, I cannot justify both a $50 sub and a $120 pack.  Hopefully they release him as a stand-alone figure at some point.  People have been asking for him for a long time...

I would’ve never thought Sharon Carter from F&WS would get a figure. Out of all the possibilities available from the shows already out, she’s probably the one I thought of the least. I wish it’d been someone else… I’ll take it and probably buy it…but I’m disappointed nonetheless.

On 5/18/2022 at 2:25 PM, Virtualzach said:

Can you elaborate?  I didn't catch the details but does that mean Pulse (paying member) exclusive?  Sadly, I cannot justify both a $50 sub and a $120 pack.  Hopefully they release him as a stand-alone figure at some point.  People have been asking for him for a long time...

Con exclusives have never been crazy in their prices, if you were able to get them at the Con (online after a con is a totally different story). It will be interesting to see how this is priced. I am guessing around $85.

On 5/18/2022 at 2:49 PM, Psychosomatic said:

Con exclusives have never been crazy in their prices, if you were able to get them at the Con (online after a con is a totally different story). It will be interesting to see how this is priced. I am guessing around $85.

The entire line has seen a 25% price increase in less than a year (with another to come) and the Kull/Venom was $80.  This is a Modok-sized figure and two standard figures.  There's no way this is going for less than $100 and most likely more, if I had to guess.  Mojo is huge.  

Kind of have to forget about what was "done before".  They've changed everything from price to packaging in this line recently.

On 5/18/2022 at 5:49 PM, Psychosomatic said:

My guess would be higher - I'll go with $100 - 110, leaning towards $100.   I figure $25 each for dazz and  longshot plus $50 for Mojo (based on MODOK pricing).  Maybe a few bucks extra for the "accessory" figure plus packaging and other accessories, or maybe they are just included.

WIth MOJO, i wonder if he could be priced lower if they plan on a solo release later.  I'm not sure that happens without some sort of media push, but of course that could easily occur with new animated eps on the way. But then they didn't discount Elvis MODOK iirc so perhaps it doesn't matter.

Anyhow still a cool set and assuming you've adjusted to the new baseline pricing (i'm not quite there yet) probably reasonably priced, as you say.

EDIT: Virtualzach beat me to the punch.  but actually he's right and i'm forgetting about inflation affecting MODOK-like deluxe figure prices too... nowadays he'd probably be $60 msrp, right? So at standard pricing, set is likely $110. i'lll probably eat crow when the actual price is revealed

On 5/18/2022 at 3:02 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Yesssss Mojo reveal baby! Had my fingers crossed for this one.

I love Dazzler so I’m actually quite surprised and pleased they made her again as this is the very look I’ve always wanted for her ML figure.
And she actually sported both looks on the Outback team.

4AEA199A-85AD-4BFD-BCB9-D8497B730960.jpeg

31D832E0-9DB7-4DF9-AE5B-4C840068BF22.jpeg

Yes sir, I was just about to go there but you hit it right on the head. I do like this look but this was before she altered her costume when everyone sorta changes their look for the Outback. If you'll notice, Rogue also changed her look in the pics. If I had to name it I woulda said Fall of Mutants Dazzler or Arthur Adams Dazzler. This is clearly the ref art they were using.

One of my all time favorite stories. All three of my favorite X-Ladies and a newly minted Longshot taking on old Juggy. Rogue landing a massive haymaker and blowing out all the windows on the street is one of my favorite scenes ever. LOL, only to find she did little, if any damage at all to Juggs.

Either way, I need that head sculpt and though I'm having trouble determining if its the same old Kate buck or the newer Shriek buck. It's starting to look more and more like the same old wobbly legged buck they used before.

Edit: not to beat a dead horse but this is Fall of Mutants X-Men vs. Outback X-Men. They didn't actually go to the outback until they went through the Siege Perilous after the Fall of Mutants. Notice most of them had a change of costume. It's close but inaccurate. The Data card is also off.

Another Self Edit: correction, this picture of the Outback team was how Dazzler was wearing her costume after Inferno (the good one), so she did spend a large part of her outback time in the full body leotard. My mistake @MODADDYDODOK, you were right. I just had such a picture in my mind of what I remember the Outback team looked like and I was wrong. Happens more than I like.

fall 2.jpg

outback.jpg

On 5/18/2022 at 12:02 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

31D832E0-9DB7-4DF9-AE5B-4C840068BF22.jpeg

I'm surprised that there are fans who like that outfit. To me, Dazzler was such a one-note character, appearing as a disco diva when disco was in its waning days, but I loved that bell bottom jumpsuit she originally wore. This blue thing looks like the designer just refused to put any thought into it at all. But is that glitter I see in her effects? Now that is cool! Jubilee should'a had those.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:00 PM, Atlantis said:

Firelord looks good.....but that buck looks like its on the small side....he's supposed to be 6'4"....and does anyone know if he's also going up on EA or BBTS?

They used that freaking Sunfire buck on this character we've Ben waiting years for. Yes he looks good but butterfly joints weren't so necessary that they needed to sacrifice the accuracy of the figure. Both this figure and Surfer should have been done on the Reaper buck. I know the Sunfire buck was cool when it first came out but IMO it's done nothing but screwed up so many new figures ever since. The 5'10" Pyro and the 6'4" Firelord and Surfer should not be on the same mold. What next, Airwalker on the Pizza Spidey buck? 

Man, the Outback era was my favorite. I guess I was a kid at the right age for it. This set looks good, and the updated Dazzler and  Longshot are killer for me. 

We’ve got a good mohawk Storm, brown togs Wolverine, the new Havok, Dazzler, Longshot. They could do a wave and throw in a good Outback Rogue, finally a Psylocke that is un-ninjafied, an updated Storm with the yellow lightning on her chest, Gateway, Magneto, and a BAF shirtless Colossus. Boom. They’d have my money right there. 

Are you kidding me with this?

No you're not, typical hasblo hijinks. Make a figure people have wanted for YEARS and then do something that defies all logic and reason. Paint a face all one color so we can't see the eyes or mouth. Paint a figure so bright it can be seen from the space station. Glue the cape on, paint over the emblem, make the figure the wrong race.....

Well he's supposed to be around 6'4" and so is the Silver Surfer. Guess they're both on the same buck now so it evens out....somehow....?

you cant make this stuff up....🤯

On 5/18/2022 at 4:32 PM, SpiderS said:

I absolutely love Japanese Spidey! The best thing is that it can work as classic Spidey as well. And tbh as much as I like two-pack Spidey, the proportions of Japanese Spidey are much closer to my idea of slender but athletic Spider-Man. It's so surprising they did 4th new body for Spider-Man this year. Additionally, Hasbro can use this body for other less muscular figures such as Mr. Fantastic. 

They actually said it’s not a completely new body, but an old Mr. Fantastic body with new arms and legs.