Hasbro Marvel Legends Instagram Live Event Coming This Wednesday (5/18)

JayC

Surprised we actually got some pretty good reveals. 

• Retro War Machine is an easy pass; have the deluxe but interested to see what other figures get into the line
  • Bagman, while not the version I want, still looks good. Though why isn't he on the Retro Spidey packaging?
  • Firelord looks great. I have the original 90's toy, so I can't wait to get this one
  • Japanese Spider-man is another must get, though wish he came with different effects. Now where's Leopardon?
  • 3.75 inch Sentinel looks quite good. Could work as some mini Sentinel Army builders.
  • Sharon Carter looks quite good, though why not reveal her earlier?
  • No interest in the Mojoworld set,,, I have the Toy Biz Mojo so money saved.
  • Also any image of the tease.

On 5/18/2022 at 8:24 PM, monron999 said:

Sharon Carter, I can take or leave. I'm not buying the Disney+ wave so it's inconsequential to me. We do need a comic version, though. Seriously, just do a new head sculpt, and reuse the Quake figure. Do it with the white SHEILD suit if you wish. Just get it done.

Sharon already has a comic figure (two if you count the alt head with the SHield Leaders 2008 Maria Hill) back in the Red Onslaught wave.

That was a lot more than I expected, a pleasant surprise. I like the Fire Lord figure more than I thought and the  Japanese Spiderman is one that surprisingly I like. They've been doing a great job with the anniversary Spiderman figures. The Mojo set is amazing and I really like the Mojo figure in particular a lot, good job Hasbro. And then Sharon Carter as a figure of the D+ wave was kinda exciting at first, even though it could have been a more exciting figure, but after looking at it it's a definite no. I see no likeness, it's actually like the photo real tech is not used for this one and she doesn't even come with a gun. The positive thing about it as it is, is that it's a new character. 

On 5/19/2022 at 2:29 AM, leokearon said:

Sharon already has a comic figure (two if you count the alt head with the SHield Leaders 2008 Maria Hill) back in the Red Onslaught wave.

Yeah, I remember both, but I'm pretty sure the Onslaught wave one was MCU and really terrible and, of course, the 2008 version was pre-Infinite, though good for the time. LOL, I remember coming across the Super Spies set on clearance at the TRU's in the town I lived in, which was much larger than the one I live now and just sweeping the city and buying up tons of them, both to army build and use for fodder. I just think she's deserving of an update as much as anyone else. I mean they did Quake is a new character and she came with swap parts to make Maria Hill. Why not do a Slingshot (Yo-Yo) in a white SHIELD uniform, as she's been know to wear, and include a Sharon Carter head? Add to this that Yo-Yo also has cybernetic forearms so the same exact figure they used for Quake, with the interchangeable arms would work for this character. It's repaint Heaven. That's right down Hasbro's alley. I dunno, maybe things that make sense to me, like putting Firelord on the Reaper buck that represents a 6'2" to 6'4" frame rather than the Sunfire buck which scales out to 5'10", just don't make sense to the ML team. Who am I to say though, I don't have a toy line.

On 5/19/2022 at 8:32 AM, tarot said:

No. The Onslaught wave was comic book, based around her white suit in Secret Avengers I think.

You may be right, you're probably right, but even if it was comic based they used the MCU Maria Hill (or maybe Black Widow) buck and I think we can all agree it was still sub-par, especially in comparison to the female figs that came before and after. If anything, maybe they can just give us an updated head sculpt packed in with another figure.

On 5/19/2022 at 12:40 PM, Virtualzach said:

$150?  Yeah, no thanks.  When did they drop the free shipping on $50+ orders?  

Hasbro just upped their projected revenue for this quarter but blamed shipping and materials cost for the three price hikes in one year.  Time for me to find a new hobby...

Sounds like oil companies. Pay no attention to the record profits. Lol.