Hasbro Marvel Legends Instagram Live Event Coming This Wednesday (5/18)

JayC

On 5/19/2022 at 3:24 AM, leokearon said:

Surprised we actually got some pretty good reveals. 

• interested to see what other figures get into the line

I think a repainted Modular Iron Man with more vibrant red and yellow colors is a lock. I would also expect a classic Whiplash/Blacklash figure, and some form of The Mandarin.

I would also hope for Madame Masque and a First Appearance or Golden Avenger Iron Man, the classic comic Mark 1 either in gray or gold (and once they do one, I'm sure they'll repaint it in the other color later on). 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:10 AM, Dodge76 said:

Wow, that much for the Mojo set!!!!! Your drunk Hasbro LMAO!!!!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say so.  Greed Something is affecting their judgement. If they swapped out dull Dazzler for an ACCURATE Spiral, it still would be overpriced BUT more of these would bite. No, not saying the set wont sell, it will. But less people would balk at a Mojo, Spiral and Longshot package like that.

Wowzers that Mojo Box Set Sheesh, I'm really bummed out Hasbro hates Canada, I wish they would open a Canadian Pulse so we don't have to get embezzled every time we order from Pulse here in Canada, this set cost me after taxes 181 USD, shipping was 30 bucks, Please Hasbro next announcement give us a Hasbro Pulse Canada, I can't afford yer exclusives, either way pre-ordered Mojo set, because of FOMO, and also got shocked when I pre-ordered The 3.75 Sentinel which in Canada is 32.99, eeek.

On 5/19/2022 at 11:35 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wowzers that Mojo Box Set Sheesh, I'm really bummed out Hasbro hates Canada, I wish they would open a Canadian Pulse so we don't have to get embezzled every time we order from Pulse here in Canada, this set cost me after taxes 181 USD, shipping was 30 bucks, Please Hasbro next announcement give us a Hasbro Pulse Canada, I can't afford yer exclusives, either way pre-ordered Mojo set, because of FOMO, and also got shocked when I pre-ordered The 3.75 Sentinel which in Canada is 32.99, eeek.

I don't think FOMO is going to be an issue here.  On every board I've checked, people think the price is ridiculous.  And, historically, 'deluxe' figures and sets have gone down instead of up.  You can still get a MODOK for $35 ffs.  It's a Pulse exclusive, so I suppose it will (eventually) sell out.  Maybe.  But I would bet dollars to donuts they're not going to waste that sculpt on an exclusive and not try to sell it independently for $80.  People have been asking for Mojo for a long time.  This is just crapping on your customers.  

So let me get this straight. If I want a 1/18 sentinel hasbro wants $24.99 plus tax plus shipping. So this is a basic style figure with 5 point articulation that stands around 7 inches tall. And they want the same amount of money as a collector level marvel legend that is the same height and has far superior design and articulation.  This doesn’t seem to make sense to me. 

On 5/19/2022 at 11:47 AM, LordVenger said:

So let me get this straight. If I want a 1/18 sentinel hasbro wants $24.99 plus tax plus shipping. So this is a basic style figure with 5 point articulation that stands around 7 inches tall. And they want the same amount of money as a collector level marvel legend that is the same height and has far superior design and articulation.  This doesn’t seem to make sense to me. 

Correct.

Hasbro is pumping out so much product and raising prices at the same time, that I wonder how many collectors are really able to be completists at this stage of the game.  Fortunately I have collected for so long that I have nearly everything I really want, so now I am just cherry picking... but I really feel for those who are just getting into this hobby.  Short of Classic Versions of Iron Fist and Power Man, Yondu, Ronan, Drax, and Blob, and a handful of current preorders, my collection is complete.

On 5/19/2022 at 3:28 PM, LoreKeeper said:

Preorder is up!

Thanks. I just ordered him!

Whew!  This was a rough day. I picked up the Mojo Set (I’m a huge Dazzler and Longshot fan), two Toei Spider-man (one for the Spidey collection and one to play with at work), and Bag-Man. 

I ended up passing on Firelord and WarMachine. I like that War Machine, but not enough at these prices. 

On 5/19/2022 at 1:00 PM, tarot said:

Just to let people know tomorrow is the 20th and Dan said we may have something tomorrow as well. (Good thing it's payday)

Maybe it'll be a "Whoops!  We accidentally mispriced the Mojo "4" pack and it should actually only be $100!"  

More likely though:  

"Whoops!  We accidentally mispriced the Mojo "4" pack and it should actually be $150!"  

Wow...this was an expensive day. MOJO set is soooo overpriced  for two new figures and a repaint ( and that crappy wolverine) I would have paid that much without hesitation for a set with Spiral. I'm an Outback X-Men fan so I'm not completely against it but wow...just wow. It's gonna come down to either gas in my tank or figures on my shelf I'm afraid. 

Okay I agree with the price of the mojo set but lets do a bit of maths

for mojo, let say for argument's sake, he is a similar price to the MODOK figure which was 50. Given the price of what it would be nowadays with the rise, it would be 60 at minimum. Then there are the 2 6'inch which would be 25 each and the Wolvie figure let's say it's a ten at most. that's 120 for the figures alone. Factor in the special packaging and the fact that it's actually the SDCC exclusive, which are usually more expensive then most exclusives and the 130 to 140 price does work out.

Again I do think the price does suck but unfortunately the math works out

On 5/17/2022 at 1:25 AM, JayC said:

01.jpg

Prime example why Retro Spidey torso articulation is superior, it would be even better on FireLord since it doesn't have costume design  that looks bad with that articulation, speaking of costumes it's funny that 9 POA Firelord had more sculpted detail than new one does, Hasbro could at very least add some add on pieces for boots and gloves to create that fire effect. 

spacer.png

As for other stuff I'm glad we are getting Retro Iron Man line, that MojoWorld pack is fine but where is Spiral? In a way it makes me happy since I don't have to get this pack anyway but for that price they could at least include another figure.

On 5/19/2022 at 8:14 AM, Benn said:

They actually said it’s not a completely new body, but an old Mr. Fantastic body with new arms and legs.

This makes a lot of sense, I hope they will reuse it for Reed whenever we get the new F4 pack, preferably with Sue on Shriek and maybe even Thing that has double-jointed elbows.

Glad to see Sharon Carter, this is a very nice figure.

if you are already a Pulse subscriber that Mojo verse set is only $139 after tax plus free shipping. Too rich for my blood but I was curious what it broke down to. 

The bag man suit is fun, I still remember the comic this first appeared in. Always loved how the Marvel Universe was interconnected and The Human Torch played this prank on Spidey. little  things like this are sorely missing in today’s MU. 

I may grab FireLord, again, a fun Spidey comic turned me onto this character. I believe it was a a Secret Wars II issue where Spidey beats the brakes of FireLord and the Avengers arrive just in time to stop him from killing the former Herald...  plus, I’ve got Galactus on the way,...

May grab FireLord, Bag Man and WarMachine ( though, his Deluxe version colors are what I remember him from the WCA run..) 

but in this new world, I’ll be looking for sales on them

Oh and the cheap-o Sentinel annoys me to no end. Imagine the sheer joy and excitement we’d all have and the buzz on the web about this figure IF it had been a true Legends figure. Instead, this $25 ($25 !!!!!) Happy meal toy is revealed. 

I really don’t get Hasbro’s mentality. Clearly they love taking us for as much cash as they can but they decide to give us undersized ( even for 6”) 5 POA piece of $#!+?!? Had this been a 6” Legend I would have bought 6 .. honestly Hasbro’s current strategy is saving me serious cash