Hasbro Marvel Legends Instagram Live Event Coming This Wednesday (5/18)

JayC

On 5/19/2022 at 12:44 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Wow...this was an expensive day. MOJO set is soooo overpriced  for two new figures and a repaint ( and that crappy wolverine) I would have paid that much without hesitation for a set with Spiral. I'm an Outback X-Men fan so I'm not completely against it but wow...just wow. It's gonna come down to either gas in my tank or figures on my shelf I'm afraid. 

Exactly what I said earlier. Swap out drab Dazzler for an ACCURATE Spiral (such a shame I have to stress that, but look at what they did to Dormammu, Dr. Strange, Firelord, Siryn), and that price would've gone down a bit better. Still overpriced though.

On 5/19/2022 at 7:03 PM, RyanDaly said:

I think a repainted Modular Iron Man with more vibrant red and yellow colors is a lock. I would also expect a classic Whiplash/Blacklash figure, and some form of The Mandarin.

I would also hope for Madame Masque and a First Appearance or Golden Avenger Iron Man, the classic comic Mark 1 either in gray or gold (and once they do one, I'm sure they'll repaint it in the other color later on). 

I would definitely go for a Mandarin

I’m still stuck in hesitation mode on ordering this Mojo set. Could take the price in easier if they added a few actual X babies instead of this 1 kids meal Wolverine but.. whatever. And really hope they got the ball rollin on Spiral now. I can see them giving her the build-a-figure treatment this time but gosh I hope not.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:48 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I’m still stuck in hesitation mode on ordering this Mojo set. Could take the price in easier if they added a few actual X babies instead of this 1 kids meal Wolverine but.. whatever. And really hope they got the ball rollin on Spiral now. I can see them giving her the build-a-figure treatment this time but gosh I hope not.

Looks like they've already sold 8,448 of the 11,250 they're printing, if that helps you make a decision. I definitely think this set moves Spiral from "quite likely" to "all but inevitable" in the next year or two, which is exciting. I'm not thrilled with the Skottie Young chibi X-baby Wolverine pack-in, either. I'd actually love to see a few X-babies in the line, even with minimal or no articulation, but I prefer the original X-babies. They looked like real-life toddlers, rather than weird bobble-heads. I've mentioned before that I think it would be cool to see X-baby pack-ins with each figure in a wave in place of a BAF. In any event, I'm excited for this set, in spite of Wolverine. The price doesn't thrill me, but it doesn't bother me much either. It's more-or-less in line with the current pricing of the line.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:12 AM, Benn said:

Looks like they've already sold 8,448 of the 11,250 they're printing, if that helps you make a decision. I definitely think this set moves Spiral from "quite likely" to "all but inevitable" in the next year or two, which is exciting. I'm not thrilled with the Skottie Young chibi X-baby Wolverine pack-in, either. I'd actually love to see a few X-babies in the line, even with minimal or no articulation, but I prefer the original X-babies. They looked like real-life toddlers, rather than weird bobble-heads. I've mentioned before that I think it would be cool to see X-baby pack-ins with each figure in a wave in place of a BAF. In any event, I'm excited for this set, in spite of Wolverine. The price doesn't thrill me, but it doesn't bother me much either. It's more-or-less in line with the current pricing of the line.

Ohhh what to do, what to do. On one hand, I wanna reserve it. The other, I wanna see about trading off an A-Force set for it or something good I got sitting in darkness. Looks like I need to decide soon though!

I wouldn’t be opposed to that X baby idea. I always imagined they could release them like, for example, those Roblox cube figures except not a mystery buy. I can see little kiddos being into them.

On 5/19/2022 at 2:43 PM, Virtualzach said:

I don't think FOMO is going to be an issue here.  On every board I've checked, people think the price is ridiculous.  And, historically, 'deluxe' figures and sets have gone down instead of up.  You can still get a MODOK for $35 ffs.  It's a Pulse exclusive, so I suppose it will (eventually) sell out.  Maybe.  But I would bet dollars to donuts they're not going to waste that sculpt on an exclusive and not try to sell it independently for $80.  People have been asking for Mojo for a long time.  This is just crapping on your customers.  

the flip side to that argument is that Hasbro may have seen that MODOK pegwarmed and cooled on the idea of a Mojo general release, even if that was originally planned. Certainly the size of this production run, while nowhere retail runs, seems higher than the usual number of convention sets produced.  I dunno, it certainly could get rereleased but i'm not sure how quick of a time frame it would be.  

And of course people will be selling individual figures from the set but i'm guessing the aftermarket prices for Mojo would end up making it better to just have bought the set.

Anyhow i'm glad i'm not into Mojo world and don't have this dilemma. The hellfire club seems like such a bargain by comparison, doesn't it?

Yeah in terms of the people saying, yeah don't buy that overpriced Mojo box set because they will just re-release him another way for potentially cheaper down the road, I don't know if I think thats a given, like people have Said look at the case of MODOK or even Surtur, those figures didn't do to well as single releases and got the priced knocked down, they might or wait not might have seen the numbers and could or will say this is it for Mojo, because the more obscure yet wanted to the dorks like us, but not everyone else, figures just might bog up mass retail, I'm currently still on board with biting the bullet on the price for a Mojo and Longshot (Dazzler W/e, but I do like the figure) it is what is is at this point. I'd be bummed out if I didn't get a Mojo and Longshot for the best price I could at the time.

Also came in to say that I ended up pre-ordering MCU Sharon Carter, and thought it would be cool to say why, because that body would be an excellent Mary Jane body! and I thought that the head would be a better head for the Comic Sharon Carter since at least this new head looks generic enough but nice, and that original head for the comic sharon is looking pretty dated these days.

On 5/21/2022 at 1:38 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah in terms of the people saying, yeah don't buy that overpriced Mojo box set because they will just re-release him another way for potentially cheaper down the road, I don't know if I think thats a given, like people have Said look at the case of MODOK or even Surtur, those figures didn't do to well as single releases and got the priced knocked down, they might or wait not might have seen the numbers and could or will say this is it for Mojo, because the more obscure yet wanted to the dorks like us, but not everyone else, figures just might bog up mass retail, I'm currently still on board with biting the bullet on the price for a Mojo and Longshot (Dazzler W/e, but I do like the figure) it is what is is at this point. I'd be bummed out if I didn't get a Mojo and Longshot for the best price I could at the time.

Also came in to say that I ended up pre-ordering MCU Sharon Carter, and thought it would be cool to say why, because that body would be an excellent Mary Jane body! and I thought that the head would be a better head for the Comic Sharon Carter since at least this new head looks generic enough but nice, and that original head for the comic sharon is looking pretty dated these days.

Mj body. Hmm hadn’t thought of that but I think I like it. Good call. 

On 5/21/2022 at 1:38 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

If you really want it that badly, then I say buy it. Don't let anybody stop you unless you are strapped for money and need to worry about other expenses. Me, myself I want just Longshot and Dazzler. Longshot mostly just to add to my X shelf and that just leaves Banshee and Rachel Summers on my want list. I hope those are not going to be in any future sets or whatever. I did pre-order the set but still kinda iffy about going through with it. Rising gas prices and such, stupid inflation.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:48 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I am sure Spiral is on her way. Its just a matter of when. She is on alot of wish lists and Hasbro knows it.

Mojo set looks cool. Really liking the ingenious ways they are doing the X-Men packaging in particular: Hellfire Club and this one. Heck you can even display this TV, the TV guide and the remote next to your X-Men The Animated Series VHS boxes!

Mojo's torso does look weird in the 3D render LOL Will need a closer look at the figure itself. At least he's taller than the previous BAF Mojo. I always thought he looked way undersized especially next to other figures.

Yea for this price I wish they included an extra X-Baby. Would've liked a Rogue one.

All that said, most likely picking this but will hold out til I can *also* preorder Morph (so I can save on shipping). Hopefully that rumoured Tuesday date is true. Please don't sell out 😞

On 5/21/2022 at 7:25 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

@Dodge76 Ya totally. That’s why I say get that ball rolling — give us that woman sooner rather than years and price hikes later.

Silver Centurion, Tigra, Dormammu and Firelord were on a lot of wish lists for a long time, too....they eventually were released. But what we got versus what we expected....

Just saying, I'd love a Spiral, but I want her done correctly. If they invest some time and thought, she could be one of the most spectacular figures they've ever done.

On 5/23/2022 at 11:27 AM, Atlantis said:

Silver Centurion, Tigra, Dormammu and Firelord were on a lot of wish lists for a long time, too....they eventually were released. But what we got versus what we expected....

Just saying, I'd love a Spiral, but I want her done correctly. 

Yep all those were heartbreaking for me hah. I definitely don’t mean they should RuSh her out without the attention she needs. I’m just more eager and hoping she has been in the worx by now. I generally want all the legends done correctly so in no way do I disagree with ur last statement heh.

Excited for that Mojo but damn that price! Still preordered it though. Like everyone else I wish it was Spiral instead of Dazzler. But Hasbro knows what they're doing to suck collectors like me in. I wasn't going to build an Outback X-Men team, but now we have that version's Dazzler, Longshot, the new classic Havok fits in too. And everyone has already said that AoA Colossus is a simple retool away.

That 6” Sentinel ticks me off. Hasbro knows fans would love a fully articulated version but instead they give us this POS... 

the colors are the only positive thing I can say about this.