First Official Images From The Upcoming Disney+ Echo Series

JayC

I hope they actually have Echo in this show actually doing hero type stuff. Not like that wannabe Legion/Gods of Egypt rip off mindfook show they called Moon Knight which showed less than 20 minutes of the character for which it was named. I don't expect them having a mainliner like DD anywhere near this show to take away from the main character, but I'm sure they have no problem dusting off some ancient and forgotten character like Scarlet Scarab to steal the show.

Production is underway in Atlanta on Marvel Studios' "Echo," a series streaming exclusively on Disney+ in 2023. Alaqua Cox ("Hawkeye") stars as the unforgiving Maya Lopez, who made her MCU debut in 2021 in Marvel Studios' "Hawkeye" as a deaf gang leader who was determined to make Ronin aka Clint Barton pay for his own vengeful deeds.

Streaming exclusively on Disney+ in 2023, the origin story of Echo revisits Maya Lopez, whose ruthless behavior in New York City catches up with her in her hometown. She must face her past, reconnect with her Native American roots and embrace the meaning of family and community if she ever hopes to move forward. "Echo" also stars Chaske Spencer ("Wild Indian," "The English"), Tantoo Cardinal ("Killers of the Flower Moon," "Stumptown"), Devery Jacobs (FX's "Reservation Dogs," "American Gods") and Cody Lightning ("Hey, Viktor!" "Four Sheets to the Wind"), with Graham Greene ("1883," "Goliath") and Zahn McClarnon ("Dark Winds," FX's "Reservation Dogs").

Episodes of the series are directed by Sydney Freeland (Navajo) and Catriona McKenzie (Gunaikurnai). Executive producers are Kevin Feige, Louis D'Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Brad Winderbaum, Stephen Broussard, Richie Palmer, Marion Dayre and Jason Gavin (Blackfeet). Co-executive producers are Amy Rardin, Sydney Freeland, Christina King (Seminole) and Jennifer Booth.

On 5/17/2022 at 11:26 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Sure, cool one image, yeah I'm not sure about this show yet, seems like when they announced it I thought, but why Echo? but I hope this goes in a direction that feels more like the Netflix shows and has some DD and co involved.

Yeah, why her? Like it was announced before Hawkeye was even released and I don't remember anyone going nuts over her appearance in Hawkeye.

• 11 months later...

Just read that Echo is gonna be dropped all at once. Not sure if they are just trying something new, or don't have faith in it. I personally like the weekly releases. I like talking about it with friends and coming up with theories. Anymore it seems like if people's personal theories don't pan out they say the show sucked though. So, maybe they are trying to counter act that.

As far as an Echo show, I didn't think she was bad or anything, but wasn't so blown away I needed a solo series. A few appearances in other shows woulda been cool. 

If there's 6 episodes of Loki like for season 1, the final episode will premiere on the day The Marvels comes out. Cool timing on their end if that's the case. Interesting that Echo is all coming out on the same day. I don't really care either way, but they've never done that for any of the D+ shows before to my knowledge, so I'm not sure why they're doing it here.

On 5/17/2022 at 2:26 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Sure, cool one image, yeah I'm not sure about this show yet, seems like when they announced it I thought, but why Echo? but I hope this goes in a direction that feels more like the Netflix shows and has some DD and co involved.

I too don't get it with Echo. I didn't see anything that grabbed my attention about her and frankly even now can't remember anything special about her, certainly not to warrant her own series. Loki I thought was disjointed and confusing, and again didn't see anything that warranted a 2nd series. They just may be hitting fatigue at this point. At the same time I'm up for being surprised, so ok. 

Today during Disney+'s 2023 Upfronts presentation in New York City, Kevin Feige, producer and president of Marvel Studios and Chief Creative Officer provided a new look at three upcoming series on Disney+, starting with Secret Invasion (arriving on June 21) along with announcing new release dates Loki and Echo.

Loki Season 2 - October 6

The second season of Marvel Studios' Loki with arrive on Disney+ on October 6, 2023. Picking up immediately where Season 1 left off, during 2022's D23 Expo star Tom Hiddleston teased that viewers will find Loki in a familiar, but strange, place. "Loki is back at the TVA, he's had a very difficult confrontation with Sylvie, and Mobius and Hunter B-15 don't know who he is." Only time will tell what happens next.

Echo - November 29

Marvel Studios' Echo will arrive on November 29, 2023, on Disney+, with all episodes dropping onto the streaming platform that day. The new series tells the origin story of Maya Lopez, whose ruthless behavior in New York City catches up with her in her hometown. She must face her past, reconnect with her Native American roots and embrace the meaning of family and community if she ever hopes to move forward.

That description on Echo is not filling me with anticipation. They really need to go gritty street level action with this one. While the "finding yourself" story will never go away, but feels overused right now. Timingwise, I'd rather not. Thor, MK, and Ms Marvel all did it last year. And none were that highly regarded.

While Loki didn't  have much of any connection to a source material, I did enjoy the first season quite a bit. So I'm hoping for another crazy bit of fun. I wonder how much they will end up having to reshoot though. 

On 5/17/2023 at 7:20 AM, bashpics99 said:

i think dropping all the eps of Echo at once suggests Disney doesn't have much confidence in how the series turned out

On 5/17/2023 at 9:46 AM, since83 said:

That description on Echo is not filling me with anticipation. They really need to go gritty street level action with this one. While the "finding yourself" story will never go away, but feels overused right now. Timingwise, I'd rather not. Thor, MK, and Ms Marvel all did it last year. And none were that highly regarded.

While Loki didn't  have much of any connection to a source material, I did enjoy the first season quite a bit. So I'm hoping for another crazy bit of fun. I wonder how much they will end up having to reshoot though. 

I like the Echo character but Im with you guys. Im just not confident that they're going to do that good a job with the character. I get that they want to get this positive character out ASAP but I think maybe they should have developed her under the Daredevil plotline a little bit more before they rushed this thing out. That origin story is really what made this character what she was. Of course they can go back and fill in the blanks after the DD series comes out but if the Echo show turns out bad from the start DD may not be able to rescue it.