Marvel Legends Secret Warriors Marvel Legends Marvel's Quake Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Secret Warriors Marvel Legends Marvel's Quake figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth">Entertainment Earth.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Maria-Hill-01.JPG

Maria-Hill-02.JPG

Maria-Hill-03.JPG

Maria-Hill-04.JPG

Maria-Hill-05.JPG

Maria-Hill-06.JPG

Maria-Hill-07.JPG

Maria-Hill-08.JPG

Maria-Hill-09.JPG

Maria-Hill-10.JPG

Maria-Hill-11.JPG

Maria-Hill-12.JPG

Maria-Hill-13.JPG

Maria-Hill-14.JPG

Maria-Hill-15.JPG

While I feel like Hasbro is eventually gonna use it so much we start to hate it, I really like that new "standard" female buck. I wish they had used it for the Mojo Dazzler, but woulda, coulda, shoulda....that's life as an ML fan.

I've said it on other posts, but I hope this means we'll be getting a new (and by new I mean better) Comic Sharon Carter sometime soon. The could even do the twofer formula they used here. Cast the mold in white, include a Sharon and Yo-Yo head sculpt, even include the interchangeable forearms cuz Slingshot has mechanical forearms. It's literally printing money. I'm not even concerned about getting a female helmeted head right now cuz we all know the army builder is coming, maybe even with a Reaper buck SHEILD agent with Dum Dum head swap (ideas, Hasbro), so I think it's just a matter of time, but this would be a great way to knock out two more characters at minimal cost.

This buck is an improvement over the overused, scrawny female mold but its still not there yet. Every Legends figure, male or female, should have the same level of range of motion that the super articulated (Sunfire) buck has. There should be the same range of heights/variances for female figs as there are males. Spider-Man, Cap, Thor all are on distinctive molds; there should be equivalents for female figures. 

The Maria Hill would've been a great jumping off point for troop building, except there's no holster for the weapons. As long as this line's been around, and considering the ever increasing prices, and considering these figures absolutely need weapons, its a no-brainer that they require some method of storage. SOMEHOW, they realized this for Misty Knight, Elsa Bloodstone and Madame Hydra, but not for SHIELD agents. Hopefully when/if they get around to 2-3 packs for troop builders they'll have fixed this. 

On 5/20/2022 at 10:18 AM, monron999 said:

While I feel like Hasbro is eventually gonna use it so much we start to hate it, I really like that new "standard" female buck. I wish they had used it for the Mojo Dazzler, but woulda, coulda, shoulda....that's life as an ML fan.

Wait so I had a hard time telling but those *are* the KB legs on Dazzler again?? I’m gonna cry.

On 5/20/2022 at 12:29 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Wait so I had a hard time telling but those *are* the KB legs on Dazzler again?? I’m gonna cry.

I did too at first cuz they did a really good job of strategically posing her but the absolute tell is the peg holes on the legs, which are more visible in the pics on the Pulse website.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:25 AM, Atlantis said:

This buck is an improvement over the overused, scrawny female mold but its still not there yet. Every Legends figure, male or female, should have the same level of range of motion that the super articulated (Sunfire) buck has. There should be the same range of heights/variances for female figs as there are males. Spider-Man, Cap, Thor all are on distinctive molds; there should be equivalents for female figures. 

The Maria Hill would've been a great jumping off point for troop building, except there's no holster for the weapons. As long as this line's been around, and considering the ever increasing prices, and considering these figures absolutely need weapons, its a no-brainer that they require some method of storage. SOMEHOW, they realized this for Misty Knight, Elsa Bloodstone and Madame Hydra, but not for SHIELD agents. Hopefully when/if they get around to 2-3 packs for troop builders they'll have fixed this. 

I won't claim to understand the inner workings of Hasbro, but everything you said makes so much sense and doesn't seem like it should be that hard to accomplish. Why not just create a height scale, then create base figures (male and female) in advance for those heights and go from there! Want to make a Silver Surfer figure? Great, he is 6'2" so he goes on this buck.  Obviously certain mods would need to be made here and there (which they have done already, like when Cyclops got sleeved arms and shoulders for a coat with the three pack), and some characters wouldn't fit those base bucks (Lizard, Beast, Annihilus), but this seems very logical and cost effective. And you mentioned the Sunfire buck - why couldn't they just make that exact same buck in Small, Medium, and Large? Same for the Omega Red buck, Hercules buck, and  a few others?  I think they make this harder than it needs to be.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:49 PM, Psychosomatic said:

I won't claim to understand the inner workings of Hasbro, but everything you said makes so much sense and doesn't seem like it should be that hard to accomplish. Why not just create a height scale, then create base figures (male and female) in advance for those heights and go from there! Want to make a Silver Surfer figure? Great, he is 6'2" so he goes on this buck.  Obviously certain mods would need to be made here and there (which they have done already, like when Cyclops got sleeved arms and shoulders for a coat with the three pack), and some characters wouldn't fit those base bucks (Lizard, Beast, Annihilus), but this seems very logical and cost effective. And you mentioned the Sunfire buck - why couldn't they just make that exact same buck in Small, Medium, and Large? Same for the Omega Red buck, Hercules buck, and  a few others?  I think they make this harder than it needs to be.

This wouldn't be or isn't hard to do at all. If you look at a line like the WWE figures they've actually pulled it off. Hard to believe Mattel of all companies got the jump on this and got it right before Hasbro, but I suppose stranger things happen. I don't buy them anymore cuz my kid has grown out of them, but I still like to look at and study them in the toy aisle and I must say they almost have it down to perfect science.

They haven't really introduced many "new" molds in quite some time, the exception being very specifically shaped characters like Otis or Keith Lee, but what they have done is produced each one of their torso and legs mold in various scales and they all seem to be interchangeable and compatible. Additionally it seems like they produced short thighs and shins for that extra little bit of height difference for when characters like Roman Reigns and Drew McEntyre, who are similar in size and physique can share virtually the same body mold but the shorter thighs are used to make Reigns a bit shorter. It works out well and barring a few slip ups Mattel gets it pretty right.

Like I said, it's hard to believe a company who fumbled the DCM license so bad has a firmer grip on scale accuracy than the "Great Industry Leader" but it does. Of course neither of them beats out Jazzwares' AEW or UFC lines, which almost all get specific sculpts, but I guess quality and attention to detail are just a fad and it's only a matter of time before the Big Boys nudge them out like they did Toybiz for "unfair practices" (translation: being too competitive). Hasbro already used the deep pockets to rip the Fortnite license and the proceeded to cut out all the accessories and alternate face portraits and raised the price, of course. Bought one just to see how well it stacked up. Happy to say I won't be buying anymore. Hasbro's just saving me money left and right this year. Until that damn Mojo set, anyway.