Marvel Legends X-Men Animated Series Morph Figure Preview

JayC

Big oof.  Both heads are a major fumble.  They have seen the show, right?  I'm not collecting the animated figures, so I normally wouldn't care, but I was looking forward to the inevitable re-release without the cel shading.  I'm also guessing those legs will be reused to do some of the team in their training uniforms (including Banshee).  I wish the bands had been sculpted a little closer to the knee.

No other alt shape-changing heads?  No alt arms to go jacketless?  Not even the gas gun he uses on the security guard?  All for (I'm assuming) $27.99?

No.  Not anymore, guys.  Sorry.

Ugh, what a disappointment. I've really been looking forward to this figure- one of my most-wanted X-Men characters. Both heads are too small, especially the "normal" one. The "Dark Morph" one is ok, though he looks mildly beaver-toothed. The regular Morph head is tiny, and very generic looking. Morph has a very distinct look, including his pointy chin. I'm also hoping he comes with something besides the extra head and hands, at least one more head, but even if he doesn't, I would've been happy if he just, y'know, looked like the actual character. Is it just me, or is Hasbro getting worse with the likenesses on non-MCU characters? Is this another Paul Harding sculpt...?

I give zero F@%$& about Morph but whoof... very underwhelming. The “evil” version just looks hungover. 

Hasbro is 0-2 on delivering most wanted X characters as this guy is meh as well as that Toad figure they revealed.

Also, since Hasbro is charging all of us too much for their products, I’m jumping on the “Hasbro is terrible at cell shading “ bandwagon. 

This is pretty much what I imagined this figure would look like, one thing surprises me is that it doesn't look like this figure has too much Cell Shading, I never really cared about Morph, and so I never was clamouring for a figure, but this is an easy pass, that normal head is looking nothing like Morph in the show, the Dark head is alright, but really would have thought they'd have had the jacket removable thing going on, of course they didn't this doesn't do much impressing, thankfully I won't feel a way about not having it, I'm not paying 50 bucks for a figure like this anyways.

Box art is good and on point but nothing about the actual figure says Morph. Doesn't look like him so if you were actually into the animated figures it kinda sucks. No dirt off my shoes cuz I don't like cartoon stylized figures of any kind, but if I was I'd have liked for the figure to at least resemble the cartoon. The art is on the box and the artist was certainly capable of getting it right. How did you manage to screw it up that bad, guys?

Plus it looks like they put him on either the Bucky Cap buck or the Vulcan buck, hard to tell. If there was ever a time to use that infernal Sunfire buck, this was it. This officially makes Morph, who was generally portrayed smaller and thinner in the carton, larger than both Silver Surfer and Firelord. I thought the weightlessness of the cosmos was supposed to make you taller, but I guess the ML team has no use for trivial things like science or physics or official data. Na, Marvel just pretty much pulls everything straight outta their ayass, why would they not carry it over to their products? Gotta love the continuos Hasbro scale antics.

Re-using body molds is one thing, and yes, critical to the success of ML, but this thing they keep doing of re-using faces is really annoying and cheap; this is one of the Shield Agent Army builder faces. I get the importance of time saving too, but at the very least they should try to work the sculpt more so it's not so recognizably the same likeness as another character. 

Hasbro's newly announced Marvel Legends X-Men: The Animated Series Morph figure is now available exclusively on the HasbroPulse website.

The mutant shapeshifter Morph returns to haunt the X-Men after being captured and manipulated by Mr. Sinister.

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel Comic Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired product for Marvel fans and collectors. Additional figures each sold separately. Subject to availability.

Includes: figure, 3 accessories - Price $27.99

0A.jpg

On 5/24/2022 at 8:45 AM, Air-Walker said:

Re-using body molds is one thing, and yes, critical to the success of ML, but this thing they keep doing of re-using faces is really annoying and cheap; this is one of the Shield Agent Army builder faces. I get the importance of time saving too, but at the very least they should try to work the sculpt more so it's not so recognizably the same likeness as another character. 

I don’t think it is a repaint of the Shield Agent. Similar, but not the same.

On 5/24/2022 at 1:57 PM, Psychosomatic said:

I don’t think it is a repaint of the Shield Agent. Similar, but not the same.

I'm not saying it's a repaint; I'm saying it's only slight tweek of one of the Shield agent portraits. They've done a similar thing with Reed Richards and the 3-pack Quicksilver. Again, I get why they'd do that, I just wish they'd work it further so it wasn't as obvious (at least to me, lol)

On 5/24/2022 at 11:24 AM, Air-Walker said:

I'm not saying it's a repaint; I'm saying it's only slight tweek of one of the Shield agent portraits. They've done a similar thing with Reed Richards and the 3-pack Quicksilver. Again, I get why they'd do that, I just wish they'd work it further so it wasn't as obvious (at least to me, lol)

Gotcha! Yeah there were a handful of sculpts that were similar for sure (the two you mentioned, as well as Peter Parker, Archangel, Multiple Man, Rictor), but I kinda dug them all and thought it brought a consistency of artists, but I definitely see how this one could bug you.

27.99 and this is the best they can do? Like everyone else said it does not even look like him and it needs more accessories for that cost. At least give us some heads for him to morph into and a gun. Huge pass for me. Huge fail on Hasbro's part.

On 5/24/2022 at 8:29 PM, JayC said:

Thank god they finally wised up and quit making the straps so they slide down on the legs.

Yeah, it looks like they are now molded to the figure. It's shocking that Hasbro didn't just originally glue them to the figure