Marvel Legends Series Thor: Love And Thunder Gorr (Build-A-Figure Korg) Video Review And Images

Outsiders

LoreKeeper takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Series Thor: Love And Thunder Gorr (Build-A-Figure Korg) from Hasbro.  This figure is available from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Love_Thunder_Gorr_By_LoreKeeper_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Love_Thunder_Gorr_By_LoreKeeper_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Love_Thunder_Gorr_By_LoreKeeper_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Love_Thunder_Gorr_By_LoreKeeper_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Love_Thunder_Gorr_By_LoreKeeper_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Love_Thunder_Gorr_By_LoreKeeper_06.jpg

This figure is good, nice sculpted details, the paintjob is not bad and this is undeniably Christian Bale. My issue with this is the look that they went with..I wanted something that actually looks like Gorr, something that would make a God terrified. Hopefully there will be another version of Gorr in the movie and this is something like his early movie look. In any case I believe in Bale to deliver a great performance. 

On 5/21/2022 at 6:51 AM, JohnF said:

This figure is good, nice sculpted details, the paintjob is not bad and this is undeniably Christian Bale. My issue with this is the look that they went with..I wanted something that actually looks like Gorr, something that would make a God terrified. Hopefully there will be another version of Gorr in the movie and this is something like his early movie look. In any case I believe in Bale to deliver a great performance. 

Oh don’t worry. There will be an updated gorr coming. It’s the same old song and dance. Release one early and then say well we didn’t know exactly what the movie look was going to be. Then sell another one. 

On 5/21/2022 at 7:51 AM, JohnF said:

Yeah I like that this figure does a great job on the Bale likeness, but I actually just don't like this figure much, that being said I don't like how they decided to depict Gorr here in the MCU, he looks so bad ass in the comics, and like you said something that's slightly scary to gods, this just looks to white walker/voldermort, they could have really made Gorr look awesome in cinematic form, but gave him to much of a human look, I'll pass on this figure, but I do have high hopes Bale is going to give us a good character on screen.

On 5/22/2022 at 3:55 AM, LordVenger said:

Oh don’t worry. There will be an updated gorr coming. It’s the same old song and dance. Release one early and then say well we didn’t know exactly what the movie look was going to be. Then sell another one. 

The thing is, I'm afraid this might not be a concept art error and it's probably how he looks in the movie. But I wish you're right and I'm wrong. 

On 5/22/2022 at 8:26 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I like that this figure does a great job on the Bale likeness, but I actually just don't like this figure much, that being said I don't like how they decided to depict Gorr here in the MCU, he looks so bad ass in the comics, and like you said something that's slightly scary to gods, this just looks to white walker/voldermort, they could have really made Gorr look awesome in cinematic form, but gave him to much of a human look, I'll pass on this figure, but I do have high hopes Bale is going to give us a good character on screen.

Yeah, I agree. They kinda humanized him and it just doesn't feel like I'm looking at the badass Gorr from the comics at  all. I will also pass on the figure and unless my mind is changed when I see the movie, it's likely I'll have no Gorr for my shelf and that's sad. 

PS. The Voldemort reference was spot on, lol. 

On 5/22/2022 at 7:29 AM, JohnF said:

Yeah, I agree. They kinda humanized him and it just doesn't feel like I'm looking at the badass Gorr from the comics at  all. I will also pass on the figure and unless my mind is changed when I see the movie, it's likely I'll have no Gorr for my shelf and that's sad. 

PS. The Voldemort reference was spot on, lol. 

Yeah I guess I won't have a Gorr either haha, I do hope they make a Comic version, maybe in a Bad Guy wave, hopfully he ends up being popular enough because of this movie to warrant that, but I do have low hopes, because it seems like comic figures get skipped over if they get an MCU figure these days, case in point Eternals. but I'm hoping.

I will still pass on this figure even if Gorr is amazing in the movie, I just don't think this looks like a very cool figure, it's comic Gorr or bust for me.

On 5/23/2022 at 12:23 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I guess I won't have a Gorr either haha, I do hope they make a Comic version, maybe in a Bad Guy wave, hopfully he ends up being popular enough because of this movie to warrant that, but I do have low hopes, because it seems like comic figures get skipped over if they get an MCU figure these days, case in point Eternals. but I'm hoping.

I will still pass on this figure even if Gorr is amazing in the movie, I just don't think this looks like a very cool figure, it's comic Gorr or bust for me.

I totally understand your point of view. I also agree on a future comic Gorr figure release, that would be sick and even if I end up getting a movie Gorr at some point, the one from the wave or some other if they make one, I would still get a comic version of this character.