Marvel Legends Thor (Herald Of Galactus) (Marvel's Controller Build-A-Figure) Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Thor (Herald Of Galactus) (Marvel's Controller Build-A-Figure) from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out the images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_16.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_17.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_18.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_19.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_20.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_21.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_22.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_23.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_24.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_25.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_26.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_27.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_28.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Thor_Herald_Of_Galactus_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_29.jpg

I quite like this figure, I know this design for Thor isn't at all Iconic at this point but it looks really good in the books and it translated very well into plastic form, the nice touches with the translucent hammer is also really cool, I'm digging the whole Dark Legolas Thor look, I'm happy to add this guy to the collection, I think it's a pretty well done figure.

On 5/22/2022 at 1:58 AM, leokearon said:

Not a huge fan of the look, but it has been well done. Also interesting he can come with two birds and another Avengers gets none...

Good thing is, if and when they get around to doing said Avenger on an accurate sized buck (pssst, they won't), then all they have to do is what they love to do and repaint.

On 5/22/2022 at 12:52 PM, monron999 said:

Good thing is, if and when they get around to doing said Avenger on an accurate sized buck (pssst, they won't), then all they have to do is what they love to do and repaint.

The problem is that repainting these birds wouldn't even be accurate.

On 5/22/2022 at 8:48 PM, monron999 said:

True. The two bird types have absolutely different body structure. So much for that idea. Not saying they won't try it, just saying it wouldn't be right.

Too ture. Still they could also give Sam some of these anyways, since he can communicate with birds.

Its great that this Thor has pinless joints but this isn't exactly new anymore and frankly, they should've been doing it long ago. I do like that this looks like a faithful representation of the current Thor (that cape is off though). As for the ravens...

Long ago I thought, as any Marvel fan would, that a classic Falcon (70s) would be on a body buck that made sense (same as Cap's as they are the same ht and wt) and there would be a Redwing, who would at least have wing articulation. Never occurred to me that  hasbro looks at a way to screw up a figure just enough so that it isn't totally ruined, but certainly will warrant replacement if they ever do an accurate version down the line. Would who think they would paint over Dormammu's eyes and mouth? Or not give a sonic powered character like Siryn a sonic screaming head? Why would they ever put a 6'4" guy like Firelord, who's been a big wishlist item for years, on the same buck they use for 5'10" characters like Shang-Chi?? See, I can deal with my Magneto figure being taller than my Spider-Man, but not the Falcon. 

So I'm not holding out that they'll do Falcon justice. Even less hope that Redwing would be included or would be articulated in any way Likely they'd just slap on a paint of brown on one of these crows, and call it a day.

The paint apps -- or more specifically the lack of them -- makes this Thor look like a basic figure, not a Legend. It doesn't share an iota of the nuances in the Klein/Coipel artwork. Where's the starfield? Why is everything so flat (all the black) or washed out (his har, his eyes)? What little facial paint there is looks sloppy (eyebrows/diadem). Would it have killed them to do some shading/air-brushing? Ditto for the crows -- they look like something out of a discount store tube of plastic animals. This level of blah doesn't bode well for what might be hidden inside of the new windowless packaging. Do better Hasbro.

I don't get why so many reviewers point out single pinless joints when they have been the norm for Hasbro since 2007? Overall, this figure looks good, even though it could have easily get double-jointed elbows and a chain mail design would make it more seamless it still captures that comic book look really good, maybe the eyes could have used a thin black outline to make them stand out.  Raven accessory is a great and kinda important addition, which will look great with Odin.