Hasbro Not Done Giving Us Heralds Of Galactus Figures For The Marvel Legends Line

JayC

It looks like Hasbro isn't done bringing us new Marvel Legends Heralds of Galactus based figures.

So far we have another Silver Surfer, Frankie Raye Nova and Morg that will be included with the Haslab Galactus figure. We also just recently got a new Thor figure based on his brief time serving as one of Galactus' Heralds. Then last week we got the announcement for one of my favorites, a new Firelord figure.

So who is left that Hasbro might be planning on doing? The most likely candidate would be an updated version of Terrax. Hasbro did a Build-A-Figure version back in 2012 which still holds up pretty good today assuming you have one. If not then getting one off the secondary market can be pricey. Beyond that I would say Air-Walker would be a pretty solid choice. My guess is we will get a new Terrax before Air-Walker, but you never know.

Heralds.jpg

Lets look at the choices.

First there is an updated Terrax. Now while it would be possible for him to be a BAF, this seems unlikely. With the exception of a few MCU characters like Thanos and the Hulk (who generally would different costumes) Characters that have been a baf beforehand have usually gone onto being a Deluxe figure. We really don't get a character that would be a baf a second time as a baf.

Then there is Air Walker, the most likely candidate. This could easily be a standard figure, using old molds as a store exclusive. same thing with the Fallen and Red Shift. 

The only one that might be hard to make as a standard figure and would need mostly new sculpt is Stardust.

There is Destroyer but I doubt they are counting that as one of the Heralds, mostly due to him being a Thor character rather then a f4/Cosmic. Though he could be a BAF for a Thor wave. Also no to the Invisible Boy. 

Oh and there is now KaZar who could easily be slotted into the Black Panther wave.

There could also be the possibility that this is Amazon box set idea like Alpha Flight.

Very welcome news! Air-Walker is my first pick, if that wasn't already patently obvious. Air-Walker done right, exactly how he looked in the first FF comics he appeared in, with translucent fiery wings, and with his signature stoic, robotic glare expression; please, please Hasbro, don't give him a grumpy old man face, don't give him a comically evil smile or screaming expression. A stoic, robotic glare..because that's who he was most of the time. If Hasbro made him perfectly, as I've described, they could literally say, "Marvel Legends is ending now guys and gals, no more figures!" All I'd say is "Word!" I've literally been waiting all my life for this, lol.

Any how, a nice update to Terrax too is a no-brainer, ideally with nice spiffy metallic paint. Destroyer too would also be most, most welcome.

I know he wasn't techinically a Herald, but the alien Punishier Android is another figure I'd literally flip my lid for. One of Kirby's most fun and zany, awesomely cool designs, imo.

I can see them doing another Terrax, as a deluxe figure release like Ulik or AoA Apocalypse so I wouldn't put it past them.  I do think Air-Walker is the most logical release (and most favored on who's left) but the Fallen One is also one of those easy figures they can do that doesn't cost much. 

That being said, a 5 pack release with the three aforementioned as well as Red Shift and Stardust would be cool. Unlikely, but cool. 

Considering the woefully misguided blow-back against Iron Fist, I find it odd that Marvel would even bring their 2nd rate Tarzan knock-off, Ka-Zar, out of mothballs, let alone make him....a herald of Galactus?? As ever, their tone-deafness is in full effect, it seems. But if Yun is to be believed, I'd guess that the next herald would be Air-Walker.  

Even its Terrax or Air-Walker, at least they won't be attached to some haslab thing. That was my greatest fear for Firelord ('course they had to go and put him on an obviously incorrect buck, but at least he's available thru normal retail).

Airwalker would be my first choice to go with his buddy Firelord.  Terrax would also be welcome, though given he was already a BAF and I can see him having a different look, I would see him being done as a deluxe. Persoanl no-hoper would be Plasma from the Heroes Reborn series, to complete the Elemental Pentagon of Heralds.

Now That is great news! Airwalker all the way. Maybe with Gabrielle's humanoid face and an alt head showing some of the robotics of his android version, kind of like they did with Ragnarok. A re-issue of Terrax would be a little disappointing as he is only 6 ft tall. That previous BAF would really need to be scaled down, just like the Wrecking Crew. The Destroyer I would welcome, but, like said by others, would he really be in a Galactus' Heralds' release or more likely a Thor themed release? Stardust and Redshift seemed rather short lived to me and lacking any personality, so I would put my money on them. Overall, just awesome news!

Terrax and Air-Walker gotta be a for sure, other then that I don't actually see them doing anyone else, I'd be pleased with Red Shift and Stardust though, but I kinda feel like they might be to left field along with Fallen One (who would be relatively easy to make), but I think Terrax as a Deluxe and an Air-Walker are likely a lock.

There are so many incomplete teams (Reavers, Alpha Flight, New Mutants, Uncanny X-Force, Thor's Warrior's Three) as well as teams with no representation (Starjammers, Marauders, Generation X), so I doubt we are going to get ALL of the Heralds... but then again, there will never be a better time to release them than the year of the Haslab Galactus, so here's to hoping we do get them all this year!!!

Not to split hairs here but hasbro's hardly "giving" anyone anything. They're making record profits while doing price hikes and producing more and more figures that are inaccurate and will need to be re-done. LOL. Still, I wonder when/if Air-Walker is ready for sale, how they will make his "flame" wings? Solid plastic like Songbird, or something that has hinges and is articulated? Thoughts?

On 5/24/2022 at 3:17 PM, tarot said:

yeah....... I think people agree that he is not the one Hasbro is speaking of.

Given we have gotten Cottonmouth and Skullbuster before other more famous members of their teams, you can't really rule it out. 

Seriously though I don't see the Invisible Boy (which was a stupid name) being done for quite a while.