Marvel Legends Madame Hydra (Classic) (Marvel's Controller Build-A-Figure) Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Madame Hydra (Classic) (Marvel's Controller Build-A-Figure) from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out the images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_16.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_18.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_20.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_22.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_24.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_26.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_28.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_30.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_32.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Madame_Hydra_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_34.jpg

Man, i would like to get a Madame Hydra figure but i'm not really feeling this one. I prefer her look from the Mike Zeck Captain America run.  i think the twin holsters jut out too much at the sides and i don't think the two shades of green they've chosen complement each other very well.  Oh well she is certainly an improvement over the prior version

Another hard pass, and this one is infuriating, because I really wanted a decent Madame Hydra and thought this time they'd get it right.  Tossing her on this feeble, wobbly and warped buck is an insult. This is supposed to be a 5'9" 140lb grown woman. Its been over 10 years since the first Viper, and this one is barely better (but costs so much more).  That's an embarrassment.

But oh, it doesn't stop there- they made sure to deprive her of any updates whatsoever; the only good thing here is the holsters for the weapons...the holsters they didn't give the SHIELD agents. I'm not sure the Shriek mold could've done her justice but it would've been a damn sight better than this waste. Even the head sculpt is just "okay". Better than that mockery they used years ago, but what they should've done is included a spare head that had the facial scar. Really missed opportunities here.

The comparison shot shows you just how little effort the hasbro team put into this. 

On 5/25/2022 at 8:40 PM, Atlantis said:

Another hard pass, and this one is infuriating, because tossing her on this feeble, wobbly and warped buck is an insult. This is supposed to be a 5'9" 140lb grown woman. Its been over 10 years since the first Viper, and this one is barely better (but costs so much more).  That's an embarrassment.

But oh, it doesn't stop there- they made sure to deprive her of any updates whatsoever; the only good thing here is the holsters for the weapons...the holsters they didn't give the SHIELD agents. I'm not sure the Shriek mold could've done her justice but it would've been a damn sight better than this waste. Even the head sculpt is just "okay". Better than that mockery they used years ago, but what they really should've done is included a spare head that had the facial scar. 

The comparison shot shows you just how little effort the hasbro team put into this. And the gall, to charge you almost twice the 2012 cost. 

Seconded. I’ve had about enough of these chicken legs.

On 5/25/2022 at 6:40 PM, Atlantis said:

Another hard pass, and this one is infuriating, because I really wanted a decent Madame Hydra and thought this time they'd get it right.  Tossing her on this feeble, wobbly and warped buck is an insult. This is supposed to be a 5'9" 140lb grown woman. Its been over 10 years since the first Viper, and this one is barely better (but costs so much more).  That's an embarrassment.

But oh, it doesn't stop there- they made sure to deprive her of any updates whatsoever; the only good thing here is the holsters for the weapons...the holsters they didn't give the SHIELD agents. I'm not sure the Shriek mold could've done her justice but it would've been a damn sight better than this waste. Even the head sculpt is just "okay". Better than that mockery they used years ago, but what they should've done is included a spare head that had the facial scar. Really missed opportunities here.

The comparison shot shows you just how little effort the hasbro team put into this. 

100% agree!  This was such a lazy release that it seems pointless. Easy pass. 

On 5/25/2022 at 8:40 PM, Atlantis said:

Nothing to add to this. You said it all in succinct manor, my friend. We're basically paying $25 for a single head sculpt. 

I’m clearly in the minority on this one but I like this figure. The simplicity works for her design. I will get her when she goes on sale 

That being said, for $25 this is a joke. This is basically the Army builders without any of the bells and whistles and at a higher cost. 

Hasbro is drunk if they think these bare bones releases are worth the cost. At the very least, for the cost, extra heads should be standard

On 5/25/2022 at 9:40 PM, Atlantis said:

But SINCE the SHIELD agents didn’t come with holsters they can justify charging more for the inevitable release of the Army builders 

While I get some of the gripes people have with this, I actually like it, It's a serious improvement over the previous, do I wish it was on maybe the new Shriek Buck yah blah blah, I'll take what I can get, and I don't think this looks bad, I need me a Viper for Serpent Society and Hydra, that this one looks good for what it is, I don't see them revisiting her again for many years, and yeah hey hey, I'm not a stickler for bucks, if the figure looks good I'm down, the greens are nice, shes not hideous in the face.