Walmart Exclusive Marvel Legends Retro Cardback Classic Lizard Figure In-Hand Look

JayC

It's not my favorite rendition of Lizard even though I absolutely adore Ditko and appreciate what they were going for, my real issue is feet they are kinda accurate, sometimes they do look this big in comics but mostly they are way smaller but Hasbro clearly over exaggerated them which makes it look really weird proportion wise, I would get the reasoning if the figure had toe articulation, which would make a lot of sense for Lizard as well as give a good reason for oversized feet for better balance.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 5/27/2022 at 2:50 PM, SpiderS said:

It's not my favorite rendition of Lizard even though I absolutely adore Ditko and appreciate what they were going for, my real issue is feet they are kinda accurate, sometimes they do look this big in comics but mostly they are way smaller but Hasbro clearly over exaggerated them which makes it look really weird proportion wise, I would get the reasoning if the figure had toe articulation, which would make a lot of sense for Lizard as well as give a good reason for oversized feet for better balance.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On the plus side, they'll help him stand up.  That tail is bound to cause balance issues.

On 5/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, SpiderS said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

They probably used this image as reference to those hoppers. But yea toe joints would’ve been cool.

2D8155BC-CDE5-4442-9FDA-7515393FF5BA.thumb.jpeg.ad7516bf2ffaa676685fd51606d62ce6.jpeg

I may get him as a dream of mine was to collect the heroes and villains from the original Secret Wars ( damn you Marvel for messing with perfection and forcing me to designate the series i mean as ‘the original’)

i missed Dr Ock twice at reasonable prices and I’ve a feeling if I pass on this Lizard I may have to pay $$ ( but I won’t, since Hasbro is gauging us)

Now this looks like Ditko himself sculpted it....maybe they'll start doing other classic artists as well.

They should've made him bigger though, because the pics make it look like he's smaller than Spidey. 

You have to wonder why Curt Conners wears a black t-shirt and purple chinos, knowing full well that's what he wears when he transforms into the Lizard. Geneticists make about $80k a year, so he can afford to update his wardrobe. And why his wife lets him out of the house dressed like that...

All silliness aside, this looks like a great figure!

On 5/28/2022 at 9:21 AM, Atlantis said:

Now this looks like Ditko himself sculpted it....maybe they'll start doing other classic artists as well.

They should've made him bigger though, because the pics make it look like he's smaller than Spidey. 

You have to wonder why Curt Conners wears a black t-shirt and purple chinos, knowing full well that's what he wears when he transforms into the Lizard. Geneticists make about $80k a year, so he can afford to update his wardrobe. And why his wife lets him out of the house dressed like that...

All silliness aside, this looks like a great figure!

Purple pants are a Marvel Universe staple for scientist that change into Green Monsters. It's part of the Universal Dress Code enforced by the Living Tribunal. 

As much as I really love that BAF Lizard, to me that figure is one of my favourite Legends, I know people really wanted to see a more classic version, and they gave it to us, this figure is awesome to me, as a huge Lizard fan I am really pleased, I don't care if I have the BAF I need this one as well, I really like that more Modern head, that would be my preferred display head, now I just hope that this figure finds its way out here in Canada, because Walmart here is pretty lackadaisical with their in Exclusives, pretty much never see them, but as of recent times Many Exclusives are coming out a etailers and comic shops as well as the big box stores, which is really awesome! so here's to hoping.

The BAF Lizard is clearly larger and more menacing, but that's just not a lizard. They don't have teeth like that for one, for another their heads aren't shaped like that. I get it though- Marvel was going for something that looked dangerous. But its not accurate. This time however I'm not knocking hasbro here, because that dino-croc head is how they've been drawing the Lizard for years now, so the BAF is accurate in that sense. 

This Lizard is more of his first appearance look, and they did a great job. Love the articulation and its really great that the tail is a vast improvement over the BAF. The Erlenmeyer and boiling flasks are nice touches too!