New Preview Images & Character Posters From Disney+ Ms. Marvel

Outsiders

Marvel Studios’ “Ms. Marvel” is a new, original series that introduces Kamala Khan, a Muslim American teenager growing up in Jersey City. An avid gamer and a voracious fan-fiction scribe, Kamala is a Super Hero megafan with an oversized imagination—particularly when it comes to Captain Marvel. Yet Kamala feels like she doesn’t fit in at school and sometimes even at home—that is until she gets superpowers like the heroes she’s always looked up to. Life gets better with superpowers, right?

U.S. Premiere: June 8th, 2022

Ms. Marvel stars Iman Vellani, Aramis Knight, Saagar Shaikh, Rish Shah, Zenobia Shroff, Mohan Kapur, Matt Lintz, Yasmeen Fletcher, Laith Nakli, Azhar Usman, Travina Springer, Nimra Bucha

The series is being directed by Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah, Meera Menon, and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy from scripts by head writer Bisha K. Ali.  Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Bisha K. Ali, Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah are executive producers with Sana Amanat, and Trevor Waterson as co-executive producers.

Ms_Marvel_01.jpg

Ms_Marvel_02.jpg

Ms_Marvel_04.jpg

Ms_Marvel_05.jpg

Ms_Marvel_06.jpg

Ms_Marvel_07.jpg

Ms_Marvel_08.jpg

Ms_Marvel_09.jpg

Ms_Marvel_10.jpg

Ms_Marvel_11.jpg

Ms_Marvel_12.jpg

Ms_Marvel_13.jpg

Ms_Marvel_14.jpg

Ms_Marvel_15.jpg

Ms_Marvel_16.jpg

Ms_Marvel_17.jpg

Ms_Marvel_18.jpg

Ms_Marvel_19.jpg

Ms_Marvel_20.jpg

ms_marvel_ver4_xlg.jpg

ms_marvel_ver5_xlg.jpg

ms_marvel_ver6_xlg.jpg

ms_marvel_ver7_xlg.jpg

ms_marvel_ver8_xlg.jpg

ms_marvel_ver9_xlg.jpg

ms_marvel_ver10_xlg.jpg

ms_marvel_ver11_xlg.jpg

ms_marvel_ver12_xlg.jpg

I'm a big fan of the MCU, I've watched every movie and TV show immediately when it has been released. In all of that time there has never been an entry like this one where I've watched the trailer and thought "that really looks boring AF". What If? was the probably the closest to that just because it was animated, but I watched it and liked it for the most part. I'm sure that I'll still watch this and probably actually  end up enjoying it, but I've honestly never been less interested in an MCU offering based upon trailers and promotional material.

My concern is, if you have to fundamentally change the character's origin and powers from the source material....the same thing that generated the fans' love and popularity for that character...which is WHY you chose that character for the screen in the first place... then you're setting the whole thing up for confusion, disappointment and failure. Not saying they can't pull it off, but it makes me question why they just didn't go with another character altogether. 

Killraven comes to mind. Its already in an alternate future timeline so it wouldn't disturb anything in the MCU. NightWing  Restorations, great idea that wouldn't cost as much as a decent Killraven might, and its already got a connect to the tv MCU. 

I'm fine with the change but for me issue  might be in these posters or what they reveal about show, they gave posters to 8 characters, in case of Loki we had same posters for Kang, Sylvie, Mobius etc everyone who was important for the plot and if regular school kids (8 of them) will have as much focus as the poster characters on Loki did it doesn't seem very encouraging, I really hope it's not Disney channel type show and something closer to homecoming. Second, unlike comics it's hard to believe theres such Cap Marvel fangirl in MCU, CM isn't established yet as an icon and two movies cannot do that, but it was their fault for not making CM movie earlier (and maybe with Charlize Theron, who has an actual Charisma), it would be more believable for Black Widow and Scarlet Witch who are also more popular irl.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:19 AM, Atlantis said:

My concern is, if you have to fundamentally change the character's origin and powers from the source material....the same thing that generated the fans' love and popularity for that character...which is WHY you chose that character for the screen in the first place... then you're setting the whole thing up for confusion, disappointment and failure. Not saying they can't pull it off, but it makes me question why they just didn't go with another character altogether. 

My initial guess was the major change to her powers was to make it easier and cheaper for the effects. Blocky, jagged, non-conforming shapes would seem a lot easier to generate and sell then trying to smooth out all those edges to make them look organic and part of her body. Plus, I guess we're pretty much gonna get the same visuals from Mister Fantastic once the FF movie comes out.

My problem, like others, is with her origin story. As hard as they tried to shove the entire Inhumans thing down our throat, they completely eliminate that aspect from one of the very few characters who made it out of that entire fiasco and has enjoyed a marginal amount of success (by today's standards, anyway). I was beginning to think the MCU was gonna be rid of the Inhumans for good until the lamest and anti-climactic cameo in MCU history when Blackbolt showed up in MOM. Loved seeing him cave his own head in with his powers though I've always thought their portrayal of his powers was lame. So what are they, mental or physical? It just looks really lazy and not well developed. Personally I'm glad the "Inhumans usurp Mutants" project failed miserably cuz, more than anything, it shows how incapable todays crap.....err, crop of so-called writers are at creating and selling good stories and comics, even with established characters that were handed to them on a silver platter. Even so, the Inhumans are part of Marvel history and lore and they've been useful and serviceable background characters and it would be nice to have had at least one of them in the spotlight. I mean Kamala is basically the only one left that anyone give a damn about. If not her, then who?

In the end, with the history of Marvel they'll probably just change her powers and origin to imitate the show anyway and it'll turn out she was only a False Inhuman the entire time. Not that far fetched, It's not any worse than anything else the so-called writers have tried to feed us up until now.

I too have watched every MCU offering and am planning on watching this too but Moon Knight and the She-Hulk trailer ( is that early CGI or are they trying to make Shulky look like a cartoon?) has left a bad taste in my mouth for the direction of some of these MCU shows.

Remember, this is the MCU. Changing what fundamentally makes the character is what they do. I mean.. MK can be run through with MULTIPLE spears and walk away without so much as a limp.. oh and in the MCU HE CAN FLY....

so yeah.. don’t expect her comic origins to be in play here.

On 5/31/2022 at 1:49 PM, monron999 said:

My initial guess was the major change to her powers was to make it easier and cheaper for the effects. Blocky, jagged, non-conforming shapes would seem a lot easier to generate and sell then trying to smooth out all those edges to make them look organic and part of her body. Plus, I guess we're pretty much gonna get the same visuals from Mister Fantastic once the FF movie comes out.

I get that they think they have a reason to change due to special effects costs.  But that should've been considered in the planning phase. Gutting the power set like that makes me think they don't understand or care about the characters or give a about what fans are expecting. Given that, my point is if it can't work, then don't make this project at all. Find something else. 

On 6/1/2022 at 10:39 AM, Atlantis said:

I get that they think they have a reason to change due to special effects costs.  But that should've been considered in the planning phase. Gutting the power set like that makes me think they don't understand or care about the characters or give a about what fans are expecting. Given that, my point is if it can't work, then don't make this project at all. Find something else. 

Well, if the Star Wars franchise is any indication I really don't think it's any question that they neither understand nor care about characters, or history, traditions or fans in general. Nothing they do at this point makes any sense, but at the same time it is never a surprise to me.

Disney+ debuted Marvel Studios’ “A Fan’s Guide to Ms. Marvel,” a documentary short now streaming exclusively on the service. Key art was also unveiled to celebrate its debut.

“A Fan’s Guide to Ms. Marvel” is a documentary short that gives you an exclusive look behind the groundbreaking original series, "Ms. Marvel," from its comic book origins to its development and production as Marvel Studios’ next hit series on Disney+. It features interviews with its awarding-winning filmmaking team and the show’s captivating star, newcomer Iman Vellani.

Marvel Studios’ “Ms. Marvel” is a new, original series premiering exclusively on Disney+ on June 8th. “Ms. Marvel” introduces Kamala Khan, a Muslim American teenager growing up in Jersey City. An avid gamer and a voracious fan-fiction scribe, Kamala is a Super Hero megafan with an oversized imagination—particularly when it comes to Captain Marvel. Yet Kamala feels like she doesn’t fit in at school and sometimes even at home—that is until she gets superpowers like the heroes she’s always looked up to. Life gets better with superpowers, right?

The series stars Iman Vellani, Matt Lintz, Yasmeen Fletcher, Zenobia Shroff, Mohan Kapur, Saagar Shaikh, Rish Shah, Fawad Khan, Laurel Marsden, Arian Moayed, Adaku Ononogbo, Alysia Reiner, Azhar Usman, Laith Nakli, Nimra Bucha and Travina Springer, with Aramis Knight.

Directors for the series are Adil & Bilall (Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah) [Episodes 101 and 106], Meera Menon [Episodes 102 and 103], and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy [Episodes 104 and 105]. Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Brad Winderbaum, Adil & Bilall, .Bisha K. Ali and Sana Amanat are the executive producers. Bisha K. Ali is also the head writer.

AFGTMM_Digital_KeyArt_Vert_v1b_Sm.jpg