Marvel Legends Controller (Marvel's Controller Build-A-Figure) Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Controller (Marvel's Controller Build-A-Figure) from Hasbro. Collect all Controller Build-A-Figure series figures from our sponsor Entertainment Earth

Check out the images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Controller_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_13.jpg

That head sculpt is done exceptionally well, shiny blue also adds some great accent on the figure, and the newly updated boots make that body look even better, spray paint is cool but should have been done on abs as well because without abdomen shading it looks weird, I really wish they could figure it out as well as attempt double-jointed elbows. 

Unfortunately the wave is just littered with too many disappointments for me, so the BAF is out. A shame 'cause I wouldn't mind getting this guy. 

Too bad they didn't add a Captain Marvel to this line up. Always loved those Jim Starlin issues where Mar-Vell and Controller faced off.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this BAF. I didn't expect it to have that many new parts. Can't wait to assemble this guy... Getting the pieces will be the hard part though, since the only figure I'm going to get is the one that comes without a piece. Well, I'm contemplating getting Quake for the Maria Hill mode, since she was a fairly important Iron Man supporting character during The Initiative and Dark Reign, but I will still need to hunt down most of the BAF pieces on their own.

I was initially excited about the Controller but seeing this review he looks very phoned in. He is comic accurate but the execution is poorly done. This is the equivalent of the Madame Hydra that some have derided as basic but as a BAF. no frills, few extras and kinda boring. Except the head sculpt is nice.

really my excitement for the whole wave has ebbed after seeing reviews.

Weird Iron Man ive never seen so no connection

weird Thor, same as above plus terrible deign

Speedball, cool but no accessories 

US Agent, shield had miscolored ring, head is massive

Quake / Hill, boring, no holsters, reminds me of Bendis’s weird obsession for girls with short hair

Madame Hydra, plain true but also comic accurate and I dig the stylized head

Blue Marvel, no connection boring look, Mr Terrific rip off suit

Very excited by this wave...especially Controller. Another obscure character from back in the MARVEL HANDBOOK early days. USAgent, Speedball and Madame Hydra(Viper) are highlights for me. Don't know much about Blue Marvel so I'll probably part with He, Thor and the Iron Man. Quake was a nice surprise. I'm gladly getting two to make Hill as well!

Totally a fan of this figure, I just never really expected to ever get a Controller figure, this does the right job, it does have a bunch of Thanos parts beng re-used but that's appropriate for this character, I think it looks really good and well executed, and I'm excited to get this BAF and get the figures in this wave as well.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:14 AM, Atlantis said:

I hope the next Iron Man wave will have Dr. Spectrum and/or Firebrand.

I hope if they do another Iron Man wave, they actually put in some of his rogue gallery in it. I know he fought Ultron but he's an Avengers foe.

On 6/1/2022 at 7:41 AM, leokearon said:

I hope if they do another Iron Man wave, they actually put in some of his rogue gallery in it. I know he fought Ultron but he's an Avengers foe.

Right??  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that Ultron got made, but he really should have been in an Avengers wave. But hey I'll take him however I can get him. I've said it before, you make a Luke Cage wave with the Watcher as the BAF, I'm gonna be on it. 

Maybe the next comic they make shouldn't be "What If?" but "What The ?" 

Ah, but once again we have remind ourselves there's not always a rhyme or reason to figuring out how these guys make their decisions. Its just weird!

On 6/1/2022 at 4:48 PM, Atlantis said:

Right??  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that Ultron got made, but he really should have been in an Avengers wave. But hey I'll take him however I can get him. I've said it before, you make a Luke Cage wave with the Watcher as the BAF, I'm gonna be on it. 

Maybe the next comic they make shouldn't be "What If?" but "What The ?" 

Ah, but once again we have remind ourselves there's not always a rhyme or reason to figuring out how these guys make their decisions. Its just weird!

No thanks, I don't want to see the return of What The--?! 

Controllerrrrrrrr. Pretty awesome. Won’t be buying any of these turds just to build him though, except maybe Speedball at discount.

On 6/1/2022 at 6:42 AM, bashpics99 said:

Controller looks great, but alas not that into this wave so i doubt i will build him.  If he gets a deluxe rerelease i'd get him but that seems doubtful as he's really not a top-tier villain. 

What about Ulik?

On 5/31/2022 at 11:34 PM, McHogan said:

I was initially excited about the Controller but seeing this review he looks very phoned in.

I got the opposite impression. They could totally have gotten away with just changing the head, removing the skirt and repainting the rest, but they didn't do that. Instead, the torso is new, the boots are new and the gloves are new. I feel like that's the complete opposite of phoning it in.

On 6/1/2022 at 12:32 PM, ADour said:

I got the opposite impression. They could totally have gotten away with just changing the head, removing the skirt and repainting the rest, but they didn't do that. Instead, the torso is new, the boots are new and the gloves are new. I feel like that's the complete opposite of phoning it in.

New parts are fine, my impression is the lack of.. I don’t know.. better paint or more detail. Something just looks off. 

On 6/1/2022 at 10:09 PM, McHogan said:

New parts are fine, my impression is the lack of.. I don’t know.. better paint or more detail. Something just looks off. 

The ML guys are certainly no strangers to making plain costumes look extra plain but I do like the colors here. I reckon he’d look better with a wash or something.

On 6/2/2022 at 12:09 AM, McHogan said:

While he could use a wash, I think it's worth appreciating the color highlights on the light blue parts, while the dark blue is made with a really nice shiny plastic (that is not horribly marbleized), which adds a nice contrast of texture.