Disney+ Welcomes Marvel Studios' 'Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness' On June 22nd

Outsiders

Disney+ announced today that Marvel Studios’ “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” will begin streaming exclusively on Disney+ on June 22. Watch the new online spot to see a special “fan thank you” from Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Benedict Wong, and Xochitl Gomez.

In Marvel Studios’ “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” the MCU unlocks the Multiverse and pushes its boundaries further than ever before. Journey into the unknown with Doctor Strange, who, with the help of mystical allies both old and new, traverses the mind-bending and dangerous alternate realities of the Multiverse to confront a mysterious new adversary.

“Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Benedict Wong, and Xochitl Gomez, with Michael Stühlbarg, and Rachel McAdams.

The film is directed by Sam Raimi, and Kevin Feige is the producer. Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Eric Hauserman Carroll, Scott Derrickson, and Jamie Christopher serve as executive producers. The screenplay was written by Michael Waldron. “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” was released in U.S. theaters on May 6, 2022.

doctor_strange_in_the_multiverse_of_madness_ver19_xlg.jpg

Seems like Disney is shooting itself in the foot with this decision, the movie was released less than a month ago and they already telling people it will drop in disney+, so all the people who didn't see it or wanted to see it again will think twice before getting tickers, which practically renders any chance of getting to 900-1bil unachievable. They could at very least wait to release it after the second week of the Thor love and thunder.

On 6/2/2022 at 7:35 PM, SpiderS said:

Seems like Disney is shooting itself in the foot with this decision, the movie was released less than a month ago and they already telling people it will drop in disney+, so all the people who didn't see it or wanted to see it again will think twice before getting tickers, which practically renders any chance of getting to 900-1bil unachievable. They could at very least wait to release it after the second week of the Thor love and thunder.

eh from their point of view they also want people to stay tuned to D+.  i don't think its a coincidence that this comes out the day that Obi Wan wraps up. 

Altho i agree to an extent.  i didn't rush out to see Batman and by the time i got around to thinking of seeing it, they had announced it was coming to HBO Max so i just waited and watched it there.  If i had to wait 6 months or something than i would've saw it in theaters before it left.

Yeah kinda crazy this is coming out so quickly on D+ , but these seems like a move to keep people interested in the subscription service, it will also likely get a ton of people who have not seen the movie and want to, to buy a sub, and likely keep the sub, so they make bank off the person each month. I think they also figure this may have made about as much money in the theatres as it could, because Thor is right around the corner.

if you think about it, if someone pays like 11.99 a ticket to see this movie, that's once.. if they subscribe for a whole year thats 11.99 x 12 = 143.88, so it's making them more money in the long run, of course that's saying the subscriber doesn't cancel, but if they like Marvel or Star Wars.. why would they?

it ain't the 80's / 90's no more, when movies took like a year to make it to home video, it's wham bam...done, move it along.

On 6/2/2022 at 4:02 PM, bashpics99 said:

"...Altho i agree to an extent.  i didn't rush out to see Batman and by the time i got around to thinking of seeing it, they had announced it was coming to HBO Max so i just waited and watched it there...."

I'm glad I waited to see Batman at home. To me it was an ok movie, but hardly anything to get worked up over. Also glad Dr. Strange is gonna get to D+ sooner than most expected. 

And kudos to the fans here on the forum for keeping spoilers mum. Give yourselves a big hand. 

On 6/3/2022 at 4:02 AM, bashpics99 said:

Altho i agree to an extent.  i didn't rush out to see Batman and by the time i got around to thinking of seeing it, they had announced it was coming to HBO Max so i just waited and watched it there.  If i had to wait 6 months or something than i would've saw it in theaters before it left.

Yeah WB really did screw Batman and Dune Box office just for the sake of streaming service and we still don't know how beneficial the move was. IMO they should realize that streaming services work best with original content and a good library, while new movies still make more in cinemas, in my country No Way Home was still in cinemas till May lol.

On 6/3/2022 at 3:35 AM, SpiderS said:

which practically renders any chance of getting to 900-1bil unachievable.

The movie just passed 909 mil so I was wrong but I doubt it can reach a billion in 16 days before it's released on Disney+ which means pirated all over the internet so the point still stands, not reaching a billion when it's so close sucks and even more when it's studio's fault. 

On 6/3/2022 at 3:29 AM, Atlantis said:

I'm glad I waited to see Batman at home. To me it was an ok movie, but hardly anything to get worked up over. Also glad Dr. Strange is gonna get to D+ sooner than most expected. 

And kudos to the fans here on the forum for keeping spoilers mum. Give yourselves a big hand. 

I agree on The Batman. It was ok at best. Pattinson was decent and thankfully was Bats most of the film. Not sold on Emo Bruce Wayne. Different, just... not sold.

On 6/5/2022 at 7:39 PM, SpiderS said:

The movie just passed 909 mil so I was wrong but I doubt it can reach a billion in 16 days before it's released on Disney+ which means pirated all over the internet so the point still stands, not reaching a billion when it's so close sucks and even more when it's studio's fault. 

Yeah odd that Disney won’t let the movie reach 1 Billion on its own. Before the MCU started only a handful of films broke the 1B barrier.. now 20 some movies in and the MCU has done it 8 or 9 times on its own. Seems they’d allow the film to get that prestige. 

I find it amusing that the MCU has bucked traditions and seen their sequels earn more money than the first in the series.. in cases like the Thor and Iron Man franchise, it took the 3rd film to break the barriers. In the old days the 80s and 90s the 2nd and 3rd films in trilogies did progressively worse critically and subsequently earned less cash. Generally speaking.

On 6/6/2022 at 6:12 AM, McHogan said:

I find it amusing that the MCU has bucked traditions and seen their sequels earn more money than the first in the series.. in cases like the Thor and Iron Man franchise, it took the 3rd film to break the barriers. In the old days the 80s and 90s the 2nd and 3rd films in trilogies did progressively worse critically and subsequently earned less cash. Generally speaking.

If we consider inflation all old Raimi Spider-Man movies made over a billion in today's money (First Amazing would be very close to billion as well),  we aren't even counting how much more expensive ticket prices got due to 3D compared to 2D, which also reflects on box office.