10 Marvel Super Teams (that haven't been Finished or Never-Barely Started)

Atlantis

Everyone's got a wish list so this is by no means conclusive (Defenders needs an updated classic Valkyrie for example). But here are the ones on my mind lately.

If we know anything, its that we can't know what the hasbro team will/won't do in terms of figure selection. Gonna list the teams I'd love to see, and their ranking as to liklihood they'll be done in the next few years:

1. Starjammers- immensely popular group, and being so X-Men adjacent, I'd say it has the strongest chance of getting made.
  2. Inhumans- a shame that so many people attached the failure of a tv show to the impact this group has had on the Marvel mythos. But this is a dynamic group and I can't see the team not wanting to do a Lockjaw BAF. Where he goes, so goes the Royal Family.
  3. Wrecking Crew- four big nasty villains and hasbro clearly likes doing their bad guys well. Almost certain they're coming.
  4. Invaders- ridiculous this set hasn't been done yet, and so easy to do. 
  5. Serpent Squad- bit by bit these have been getting done, and who doesn't want to see how they do Sidewinder, Anaconda, Death Adder, Diamondback? Of course since the best member has already been made, maybe the rest don't add up. All hail Rock Python, am I right?
  6. Winter Guard- come on! Major Ursa and Darkstar need Vanguard and his overlapping symbols of the worker’s State, Crimson Dynamo, Vostok and Red Widow and hasbro needs some new bucks.
  7. Guardians of the Galaxy - the OGs. For some reason they did Vance Astro, but never the rest of the team, in 6" format. They did do Vance and Yondu in 4" form though. 
  8. Agents of Atlas- long shot, true. But think how great M-11 the Human Robot's gonna look, alongside Namora and the Uranian in his fishbowl helmet? Besides you know you wanna see a Gorilla Man with a tactical 9mm semi auto. Too cool for school. 
  9. Force Works- best reason to revisit Iron Man's modular armor this time, in "animated" color scheme. Flanked by Century, new outfit for Scarlet Witch, alongside Hawkeye and Spider-Woman, makes this longer than long shot more of a possibility.
  10. Mystery Men- as much as I like them, they're way too unknown and I doubt there's an appetitite out there for 30s pulp style heroes. I'm a minority of one here and I know it.

Then again, hasbro did do Death's Head. And White Rabbit. So....

On 6/5/2022 at 10:24 PM, SpiderS said:

Inhumans is easily the most wanted team for me, I can't believe that we got a redo of Modok and Mojo but not first ever LockJaw and Crystal figure, it's an unbelievable crime Hasbro has to pay for with a really good release. 

You can blame Loeb and his god-awful TV show for. Yes, Yes. I know. Live Action does not equal a figure being made but which Marvel also pushing the Inhuman in the comic at the time and failing, it would make sense for Hasbro to stare clear from the team.

I would also like to add Superior Foes. I mean we have team all but Hasbro doesn't seem to make one character.

On 6/5/2022 at 5:40 PM, tarot said:

You can blame Loeb and his god-awful TV show for. Yes, Yes. I know. Live Action does not equal a figure being made but which Marvel also pushing the Inhuman in the comic at the time and failing, it would make sense for Hasbro to stare clear from the team.

I would also like to add Superior Foes. I mean we have team all but Hasbro doesn't seem to make one character.

Agree here. Marvel/MCU push hard when a new property is making their debut, whether it’s a new monthly comic, a Legends wave, a TPB release..but fans pushed back. The execution was terrible and fans shrugged. Same thing with the Eternals. mostly poor reviews, no comic support, poor designs.. and fans again shrugged. MCU had dug themselves a hole with their end of credits tease that “the Eternals will return” .. one of the least performing films in the franchise but what are they going to do? Admit that F level characters won’t pull on the masses? Eternals remains the only MCU entry I skipped until its streaming release and then I forced myself to watch.

I know it’s an impossible task but I’d like to complete the Avengers. Okay, okay how about Vol1s era roster? ( including the WCA)

Starfox, Dr Druid, Stingray, MoonDragon, Living Lightning, Firebird, Rambeau Cap Marvel, Swordsman, Mantis, WCA Mockingbird, Gilgamesh, Sersi, D-Man, Thunderstrike, and my latest holy grail: Safari suit Wonder Man

none of the above options are any more far fetched than Blue Marvel, Rage or Ex Nihilo.. especially since Hasbro is removing windows for parents to be concerned that MoonDragon is nearly nekkid..

but how  about at least finishing Alpha Flight, Excalibur and New Warriors.. literally just a few characters away each.. well.. again, in terms of initial rosters.

I'm also a big "Inhumans" fan and would love to see the royal family completed.  I look at my Inhumans shelf and I'm just glad Black bolt and Medusa have each other! 

Starjammers and the Imperial Gaurd are must haves as well! One in each wave of X-men should knock out the Starjammers in no time. Chod BAF is my wish. 

I also want yo see the OUTBACK

X-Men team completed. We need a BETSY PSYLOCKE! 

Let’s be honest, who wouldn’t love to see Hasbro characters complete the Serpent Society, the Squadron Supreme, the Thunderbolts..etc.. but jeez, this seems far fetched at this time. It’s been a while since any of the above had been added to. The current pace of one character every 3 or 4 years means it ain’t happening before we all quit this hobby or Hasbro shuts this down

the Avengers and XMen will probably get the classic rosters completed EVENTUALLY, great waves like the Controller or Gamerverse Abomination series gets out a bunch of Avengers at once like Jocasta, Rage, Mar Vell, but there are still so many to go and waves like these are spread out as well

Superior Foe

On 6/5/2022 at 10:40 PM, tarot said:

Superior Foes is definitely a team that can easily be finished, it's baffling they haven't done it yet.

On 6/6/2022 at 3:41 AM, leokearon said:

Superior Foe

Superior Foes is definitely a team that can easily be finished, it's baffling they haven't done it yet.

I feel like a lot of the "modern" teams exist for such short periods that there is a limited window for hasbro to make figures before they are forgotten about.  I enjoyed Superior Foes but it feels like a long time ago now.  Similarly, would love to see hasbro revisit the DnA cosmic era but I don't see it happening*

I'd like to see the U-Foes get figures. Also in addition to the Wrecking crew would like to see the remaining villains from both the Secret Wars series as well as the Zemo Masters of Evil from the Avengers Under Siege storyline.  

I am way on board with original GotG and Starjammers, love cosmic stuff. More imperial guard would be cool too. Inhumans as well, very surprising they haven't sprinkled a few in but then the FF waves arethus far so dominated by the quartet not a lot of space for adjacent characters.

*btw i think that's why we only got Vance from the original GotG - he travelled back in time and hung out with the modern team. also helped that the figure was 100% re-use iirc (probably why we didn't also get Starhawk who also helped the modern team -woud've required some new parts)

On 6/6/2022 at 1:24 PM, bashpics99 said:

I feel like a lot of the "modern" teams exist for such short periods that there is a limited window for hasbro to make figures before they are forgotten about.  I enjoyed Superior Foes but it feels like a long time ago now.  Similarly, would love to see hasbro revisit the DnA cosmic era but I don't see it happening*

I'd like to see the U-Foes get figures. Also in addition to the Wrecking crew would like to see the remaining villains from both the Secret Wars series as well as the Zemo Masters of Evil from the Avengers Under Siege storyline.  

I am way on board with original GotG and Starjammers, love cosmic stuff. More imperial guard would be cool too. Inhumans as well, very surprising they haven't sprinkled a few in but then the FF waves arethus far so dominated by the quartet not a lot of space for adjacent characters.

*btw i think that's why we only got Vance from the original GotG - he travelled back in time and hung out with the modern team. also helped that the figure was 100% re-use iirc (probably why we didn't also get Starhawk who also helped the modern team -woud've required some new parts)

The Superior Foes may no longer be around but Overdrive is still appearing in comics and other media, so it's not like he's gone away.

On 6/6/2022 at 11:45 AM, leokearon said:

The Superior Foes may no longer be around but Overdrive is still appearing in comics and other media, so it's not like he's gone away.

yeah he is certainly a weird case, as its not like he'd be difficult to make or anything.  like i said, i think he just fell off hasbro's radar.. feels like they just lost interest.  or if we want to get conspiratorial about it, they feel the need to leave 1-2 key members of teams undone just to string along collectors (or to "extend the longevity of the line", depending on your pov)

On 6/6/2022 at 4:24 AM, bashpics99 said:

"...I am way on board with original GotG and Starjammers, love cosmic stuff. More imperial guard would be cool too. Inhumans as well, very surprising they haven't sprinkled a few in but then the FF waves arethus far so dominated by the quartet not a lot of space for adjacent characters..."

My idea for GotG team would be:

Starhawk on the Magneto buck, fairly standard figure (he's supposed to be 6'4"). Glossy light blue paint will make it pop (and reflect his outfit as was shown in the comics). Yellow panels that pop/hook  into his shoulders for the solar sails, and a dual crest for the head.

Vance Astro re-do; his figure was way too big. Yondu, Martinex and he are all about 6'0"-6'2" so, Vulcan buck.

Martinex on a modified Ice Man mold. Fire and Ice blast effects. 

Yondu, thin plastic for his fin

Charlie-27, probably on the Thanos buck

Nikki- re-do of Blink

On 6/5/2022 at 5:45 PM, McHogan said:

I know it’s an impossible task but I’d like to complete the Avengers. Okay, okay how about Vol1s era roster? ( including the WCA)

Specific eras would make more sense and are easier to complete. I'd love a 70s era line up, with an accurate Vision and Quicksilver. And 70s era Mantis and Moondragon are a must for me. However if they're not on the correct molds then I'd rather they not be made at all. 

On 6/7/2022 at 8:55 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Factsss. An (opaque) android Human Torch, Whizzer and a Bucky update are HUGE wants of mine at this point.

I'd love an original Vision, Blazing Skull, Red Raven to go with Miss America and the Destroyer. And how we gonna have them and not have Baron Blood, Warrior Woman and U-Man? In fact a nice Golden Age box set would be grand...

I really currently just hope we can finish Alpha Flight, at least give us Marrina, and I'd be content, of course I'd Love plenty of the others like Box, Diamond Lil, Purple Girl, Nemesis. I'd be fine if we stop at Marrina, at least the completes the OGs, Serpent Society and Excalibur are 2 other teams I'm actively trying to complete, New Warriors as well.

but my main issue is Where is Generation X!? come on Hasbro

but now that we have D'spayre is it a long shot that we get the rest of the Fear Lords?, come on!

On 6/9/2022 at 2:13 AM, Atlantis said:

I brought this up very recently; they could do a two-pack of Marrina and Box that would sell quite easily.

I feel like I'm ranting about where the rest of Alpha Flight is since before even the box set came out, Hasbro must have noticed. 😆

On 6/10/2022 at 10:30 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I feel like I'm ranting about where the rest of Alpha Flight is since before even the box set came out, Hasbro must have noticed. 😆

I dont think youre ranting-  a lot of people share your same wants. Thing is, hasbro is just leaving money on the table because fans WANT AND WILL PAY FOR these figures.

On 6/10/2022 at 7:30 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I feel the more you want or demand something the longer Hasbro will take making it.

On 6/11/2022 at 3:32 AM, leokearon said:

I feel the more you want or demand something the longer Hasbro will take making it.

You feeling that way doesn't seem out of left field, yeah they check the demand, and they make us wait *shakes fist*, they probably browse all the boards check out what people want and then say...ah we still got em, schedule that marrina figure for 2028, they won't quit collecting if we keep em on the line.

On 6/14/2022 at 2:58 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

You feeling that way doesn't seem out of left field, yeah they check the demand, and they make us wait *shakes fist*, they probably browse all the boards check out what people want and then say...ah we still got em, schedule that marrina figure for 2028, they won't quit collecting if we keep em on the line.

So it would be better to not ask for things and confuse them. 😄

On 6/14/2022 at 3:07 AM, leokearon said:

So it would be better to not ask for things and confuse them. 😄

Yeah we should all at the exact same time announce we have all quit collecting and demand nothing, and pretend we are so dedicated to this that we are shutting down this website even. I think it will work! we'll be getting Marrina, Mandarin and Memphisto by next friday.