Fantastic Four Marvel Legends Vintage Collection Mr. Fantastic Video Review And Images

Outsiders

LoreKeeper takes a look at the Fantastic Four Marvel Legends Vintage Collection Mr. Fantastic from Hasbro Toys.  This figure is available from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out the images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Fantastic_Four_Marvel_Legends_Vintage_Collection_Mr_Fantastic_By_LoreKeeper_01.jpg

Fantastic_Four_Marvel_Legends_Vintage_Collection_Mr_Fantastic_By_LoreKeeper_02.jpg

Fantastic_Four_Marvel_Legends_Vintage_Collection_Mr_Fantastic_By_LoreKeeper_03.jpg

Fantastic_Four_Marvel_Legends_Vintage_Collection_Mr_Fantastic_By_LoreKeeper_04.jpg

Fantastic_Four_Marvel_Legends_Vintage_Collection_Mr_Fantastic_By_LoreKeeper_05.jpg

Fantastic_Four_Marvel_Legends_Vintage_Collection_Mr_Fantastic_By_LoreKeeper_06.jpg

The Fantastic Four started the entire Marvel Age. They were the premiere team for the Marvel Universe and from them, we got the revival of the Sub-Mariner, the introduction of the Black Panther, the Inhumans, the Silver Surfer, Galactus (and pretty much all of the Heralds), Dr. Doom, the Negative Zone, unstable molecules, vibrnaium, the Skrulls, the Kree....their impact on Marvel as we know it is undeniable. So its a shame the figures don't reflect that. Mr. Fantastic could've been done so much better. The lab coat's nice but stretched arms would've been better; sledge hammer/spiked fist, an arm that loops around other figures, even "stretched" legs (like what they did for Stilt Man) are just a few ideas. 

Aside from that, the figure they use is barely taller than the Invisible Woman and that's just incorrect. I'd love it if they were to re-do the entire team; the latest incarnation of the Human Torch is fine (love that color) but otherwise, to do them justice.....

well i for one hope that next time around they don't feel all obligated to use 4 spots in the wave to give us the whole FF. as you point out they have a huge roster of related characters that could use figures, with only 2 open spots per wave (seemingly), its gonna take forever to get to some of those characters. granted many would also fit into an avengers wave or could be exclusives of some kind. Glad Firelord is coming, anyhow!

Would especially like

1. Annihilus
  2. Blastaar
  3. Triton
  4. Gorgon
  5. Karnak
  6. Crystal
  7. Mole Man
  8. Molecule Man
  9. She-hulk in FF costume

Also for the 10th spot, a deluxe re-release of Superskrull since i never built him!

Puppetmaster could be fun if he came with tiny FF figures like the mini ant-man, wasp and red guardian

Blackbeard Ben Grimm from that early FF issue when they went back in time

I could go on and on

On 6/15/2022 at 3:08 PM, bashpics99 said:

well i for one hope that next time around they don't feel all obligated to use 4 spots in the wave to give us the whole FF. as you point out they have a huge roster of related characters that could use figures, with only 2 open spots per wave (seemingly), its gonna take forever to get to some of those characters. granted many would also fit into an avengers wave or could be exclusives of some kind. Glad Firelord is coming, anyhow!

I posted on this quite some time ago- given all the outfits, allies, villains, equipment etc the Fantastic Four has, Hasbro could easily make them the lynchpin of the figure waves. Its all organic, its already there- no need to create things like a Spider-Man fighter jet or Capt America astronaut gear thing. One example:

1. Mr. Fantastic, classic outfit, hammer fist accessory
  2. The Thing, Future Foundation outfit
  3. Sub-Mariner, 70s outfit
  4. Thundra
  5. Mole Man
  6. Arkon
  7. Nova 

BAF: Dragon Man

1. Mr. Fantastic, future foundation
  2. Human Torch in retro red/yellow outfit
  3. Triton
  4. Trapster
  5. She-Hulk
  6. Wizard
  7. Medusa

BAF: Darkoth

1. The Thing, classic outfit
  2. Invisible Woman (semi translucent) Future Foundation
  3. Sandman (green armor costume)
  4. Dr. Doom
  5. Black Bolt
  6. Karnak
  7. Namorita

BAF: Annihilus

1. Human Torch
  2. Invisible Woman (short sleeve)
  3. Agatha Harkness
  4. Silver Surfer (this time on the CORRECT buck)
  5. Gorgon
  6. Terrax
  7. Crystal

BAF: Lockjaw

1. Invisible Woman (negative zone)
  2. The Thing, overcoat/hat/sunglasses disguise
  3. Blastarr
  4. Ronan the Accuser
  5. Empress R'klll
  6. Puppet Master
  7. Impossible Man

BAF: the Watcher

1. The Thing/alt helmet head
  2. Mr. Fantastic (white excursion vest)
  3. Black Panther (original short cape appearance)
  4. Klaw
  5. Dr. Doom (removable face mask)
  6. Him (Warlock)
  7. Air-Walker

BAF: Awesome Android

I could go on, but you see the pattern: the core FF all will get done until eventually all their outfits are finished. This is just off the top of my head but they have so much they could pull from!

This retro wave team was a cheapo mess imo and I LOVE the Byrne suits so it was pretty darn upsetting to see how they turned out. But with the way things are going, I’m not enthused about waiting years to complete the team (again) so am hoping they do a classic multipack on the next go around with more effort put into them this time. 

Main thing I’d like to see though is a red hot, opaque Human Torch just like on the pages. Can’t help but think that version was/is intended to be released second bc it’s just gotta be better looking than what we got and you know how they love to save better for next.
A stretched out Reed update would be lovely as well, whether it be a deluxe or even potentially a baf. But ya so much possible goodness they can tap into if they keep on busting out F4 waves, singles, etc.

On 6/16/2022 at 2:43 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

This retro wave team was a cheapo mess imo and I LOVE the Byrne suits so it was pretty darn upsetting to see how they turned out. But with the way things are going, I’m not enthused about waiting years to complete the team (again) so am hoping they do a classic multipack on the next go around with more effort put into them this time. 

Main thing I’d like to see though is a red hot, opaque Human Torch just like on the pages. Can’t help but think that version was/is intended to be released second bc it’s just gotta be better looking than what we got and you know how they love to save better for next.
A stretched out Reed update would be lovely as well, whether it be a deluxe or even potentially a baf. But ya so much possible goodness they can tap into if they keep on busting out F4 waves, singles, etc.

With a lot of ppl guessing the fantasticar as a Haslab project at some point, I'll be pretty sad if those versions end up being tier unlocks.