On 6/25/2022 at 8:32 AM, JayC said:

- Molecule
- Bomb
- Belle
- Won
- Cop
- Antonio
- Optics

Molecule Man (Kind of obvious) but considering it's based on Avengers it could be Yellowjacket. Maybe at long last a Dr Pym figure 🤞

A-Bomb (seems like that would be a BaF)

Belle has me at a loss. I'm thinking female. Maybe a Scarlett Witch

Wonder Man

Copperhead (seems like a stretch)

Probably an Iron Man

Cyclops seems logical but that's X-Men. I'm thinking a Vision

I guess the deluxe could be Groot like tarot said, but I feel like it's more likely that he would be the BAF of the wave. Which makes it interesting to see what the deluxe could be, if that's the case. Anyway I hope that the wave will be all MCU, because the are many characters that are worth a figure and the whole team is gonna have new matching outfits, so we gotta get them. 

COMIC VERSIONS of Original X-men (Beast, Cyclops, Angel, Iceman, Jean), Ghost Rider, Power Man, Iron Fist, Drax, Ronan, Nebula, Gamora, Adam Warlock, Yondu, Blob Deluxe, Giant-Man Deluxe, Marrow, Wolfsbane, Magik, Feral, Dum Dum Dugan, Beta Ray Bill, Valkyrie, Mole Man, Volstagg, Fandral, Hogun, Spiral, Brood, The Orb, Blackout, Nightmare, Blackheart, Kree Army Builders, Marvel Monsters (Frankenstein, Dracula, Zombie, Werewolf by night), Mastermind, Avalanche.  Some of these must make it through in 2023!!!! 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:32 AM, JayC said:

They are as follows:

- Molecule
- Bomb
- Belle
- Won
- Cop
- Antonio
- Optics

So knowing this is comics-based, and we don't have it tied to a specific team, and given the code names... let's stretch and make a wild guess turning this into a dream wave for me: Secret Wars!

- Molecule Man is the key here

- (Gamma) Bomb reference to a classic Avengers- or FF- uniform She-Hulk?

- Rogue, the Southern Belle, jumps out at me as an obvious reference (and a chance to get her original outfit)

- Tech- armored Doom from when he "won" and stole the Beyonder's power

- Cop... does a harbor patrol officer count, giving us Monica Rambeau's Captain Marvel finally? 

- Antonio feels like a Tony Stark reference, except Rhodey was wearing the armor during Secret Wars, and we already have a couple of versions of that armor... (if not Secret Wars, maybe Two-Gun Kid, heh)

- Optics would be another easy guess, with a much-needed redo of Cyclops in his classic uniform

Do I really think this is what the wave is? No. But would I buy the heck out of this wave? In a heartbeat!

On 6/25/2022 at 5:20 PM, JohnF said:

Have they ever done A-Bomb before?

Nope. A-Bomb was done in the older smaller line but never in the main one. Honestly, it would just be a blue Abomination with a different head but again, seems like a BaF

Someone else mentioned Nitro. I like that idea. 

On 6/26/2022 at 5:41 AM, Hordak Rules said:

Nope. A-Bomb was done in the older smaller line but never in the main one. Honestly, it would just be a blue Abomination with a different head but again, seems like a BaF

Someone else mentioned Nitro. I like that idea. 

Yeah that smaller one is the only one I could find too. Would most likely be the BAF like you're saying. We'll see. 

On 6/26/2022 at 1:36 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

just based on wishful thinking, Bomb and Antonio had me quick to think D-Man and Tarantula.

A full out D-Man would be great. When they did him under the "Mercenaries of Mayhem", I didn't even realize it was him. I just thought it was some soldier character. 

On 6/18/2022 at 2:49 PM, Psychosomatic said:

I will be very surprised if we don't get a redo of the Toys R Us boxed set of the Original X-Men next year for their anniversary (That would be a MASSIVE miss on Hasbro's part).  And there are still a good number of classic 60's and 70's characters that need to be done or re-done (Power Man, Iron Fist, Sabretooth, Drax, Gamora, Nebula, Ronan, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Valkyrie, Blade). And we still need a classic Beta Ray Bill.

A redo of that set has been on my want list for a long time. The original set was pretty lackluster and I would definitely like it updated.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:49 AM, Psychosomatic said:

"...I will be very surprised if we don't get a redo of the Toys R Us boxed set of the Original X-Men next year for their anniversary (That would be a MASSIVE miss on Hasbro's part)....."

I hold out no hope for such a thing although it would be great. These guys seem fixated on going over old territory instead of branching out. And the X-Men box was a thrown together, cheap shambles of a set. I would love to think they've spent all the time since that release to actually do Angel's wings correctly, but its doubtful. But yeah, they need a re-do, and hasbro needs to get Marinna and Rachel Phoenix done as well. 

That Marvel Monsters box set needs to get done too....by Halloween....

On 6/26/2022 at 10:21 PM, Atlantis said:

I hold out no hope for such a thing although it would be great. These guys seem fixated on going over old territory instead of branching out. And the X-Men box was a thrown together, cheap shambles of a set. I would love to think they've spent all the time since that release to actually do Angel's wings correctly, but its doubtful. But yeah, they need a re-do, and hasbro needs to get Marinna and Rachel Phoenix done as well. 

That Marvel Monsters box set needs to get done too....by Halloween....

Yes, the Marvel Monsters are overdue!

On 6/26/2022 at 10:59 PM, Hordak Rules said:

A full out D-Man would be great. When they did him under the "Mercenaries of Mayhem", I didn't even realize it was him. I just thought it was some soldier character. 

It was strange they referred to him as D-Man instead of Marvel's Scourge on the packaging since that was the identity he was wearing.

On 6/25/2022 at 12:46 PM, Hordak Rules said:

Molecule Man (Kind of obvious) but considering it's based on Avengers it could be Yellowjacket. Maybe at long last a Dr Pym figure 🤞

A-Bomb (seems like that would be a BaF)

Belle has me at a loss. I'm thinking female. Maybe a Scarlett Witch

Wonder Man

Copperhead (seems like a stretch)

Probably an Iron Man

Cyclops seems logical but that's X-Men. I'm thinking a Vision

I always enjoy guessing at the possible characters, it always gives me some hope we will get C & D listers as well as some new villains as well.

Molecule - sure hope it is Molecule Man, I've wanted Owen Reece for decades now. He may be a Fantastic Four Villian, but at this point the Avengers and everyone else has fought him.

Bomb - If this was ten years ago, I would say A-Bomb was it. But Rick hasn't been that character in a long time. I like the thinking that it could be Nitro. One of the two great villains Starlin gave us during his short but amazing run on Captain Marvel.

Belle - well, if this is in fact an X-men wave, I would say Belladonna, Gambits ex-wife. Otherwise, I am scratching my head.

Won - Wonder Man seems like the obvious choice, but I am in the much smaller camp of wanting his first appearance outfit, not the safari jacket one... which is what we will probably get.

Cop - Maybe a character that is or was a policeman/woman. I'll have to think about this one some more. Although they have slowly been feeding us Serpent Society members for a number of years now, so I wouldn't rule Copperhead out completely.

Antonio - Could be a Stark IM suit. But I'm going to go a little further afield and say maybe it's a character from San Antonio, one of The Rangers, Texas Twister perhaps?

Optics - I'm also going out there on this one too. A character that is optically enhanced would be my guess and I'll say Basilisk. Yeah, very obscure, but that's the sort of figs I keep hoping for. We will see.

On 6/27/2022 at 4:54 PM, ransomz said:

That makes a lot of sense. They did a pretty good looking all white Vision recently and I've been assuming we'd get the same figure in classic colors at some point in the not too distant future.

No one's a bigger Vision fan than I am, but thus far they've never done him correctly, and the all-white version was no exception. I do hope they'll do him justice one day. In the meantime, Marvel Select has been the only version that's nailed him, so....

On 6/18/2022 at 5:34 AM, JayC said:
"... but it looks like things will be starting off with another all comic book based wave. I don't know the specific theme yet, which means I don't know if it will focus on Spider-Man or Avengers. In the past it seems like Hasbro always liked to start the year off with Spider-Man, but again I don't have any specifics about this wave at this time to know for sure.

There will also be another X-Men themed wave and a Disney+ wave. Finally for movie themed waves we can expect a Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 wave and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania wave. I don't yet know if these movie waves will have a mix of movie and comic figures or be all movie based. I suspect a mix, but again that is only a guess at this time...."

I've cut back on hasbro legends because among other things  they don't don't seem to want to go deeper into the Marvel universe other than the staples listed above. A 70's comic wave for example, would be incredible. But maybe for this Guardians wave we'll finally get the original crew, perhaps Ant-Man will yield Yellowjacket. Maybe X-Men will produce at least half of the Starjammers team. 

Well, who knows. Whatever they come up with, they need to tighten up the delivery date 'cause this year/2 year out thing is played out.