X-Men Marvel Legends Vulcan (Bonebreaker Build-A-Figure) Video Review And Images

Outsiders

BlueComet takes a look at the new X-Men Marvel Legends Vulcan (Bonebreaker Build-A-Figure) from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out the images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

X_Men_Marvel_Legends_Vulcan_Bonebreaker_BAF_By_BlueComet_01.jpg

X_Men_Marvel_Legends_Vulcan_Bonebreaker_BAF_By_BlueComet_02.jpg

X_Men_Marvel_Legends_Vulcan_Bonebreaker_BAF_By_BlueComet_03.jpg

X_Men_Marvel_Legends_Vulcan_Bonebreaker_BAF_By_BlueComet_04.jpg

X_Men_Marvel_Legends_Vulcan_Bonebreaker_BAF_By_BlueComet_05.jpg

X_Men_Marvel_Legends_Vulcan_Bonebreaker_BAF_By_BlueComet_06.jpg

X_Men_Marvel_Legends_Vulcan_Bonebreaker_BAF_By_BlueComet_07.jpg

X_Men_Marvel_Legends_Vulcan_Bonebreaker_BAF_By_BlueComet_08.jpg

X_Men_Marvel_Legends_Vulcan_Bonebreaker_BAF_By_BlueComet_09.jpg

X_Men_Marvel_Legends_Vulcan_Bonebreaker_BAF_By_BlueComet_10.jpg

X_Men_Marvel_Legends_Vulcan_Bonebreaker_BAF_By_BlueComet_11.jpg

X_Men_Marvel_Legends_Vulcan_Bonebreaker_BAF_By_BlueComet_12.jpg

Figure looks good but i really didn't care for this character in the DnA War of Kings cosmic event, he just seemed pretty 1-dimensional and not very interesting visually or power-wise from what i saw.  i also never managed to finish the Brubaker X-men run with him, even though usually i love Brubaker.  So even though usually i really dig cosmic characters i don't think i'll pick this guy up unless he hits rock bottom prices.

i do look forward to getting other figures on this buck though.

Needs to review the figure, not the comic story. I'm interested in how this new figure improves/replaces the "buckycap" mold. I'm glad he included the shot of Vulcan next to Spider-Man. Tells me he probably should be a bit taller, if he's 6'0" compared to Spidey's 5'10" . The additon of butterfly joints is a great step in the right direction.

On 6/20/2022 at 5:42 AM, Atlantis said:

Needs to review the figure, not the comic story. I'm interested in how this new figure improves/replaces the "buckycap" mold. I'm glad he included the shot of Vulcan next to Spider-Man. Tells me he probably should be a bit taller, if he's 6'0" compared to Spidey's 5'10" . The additon of butterfly joints is a great step in the right direction.

Thanks mate for the feedback. Cheers 🙂

On 6/19/2022 at 6:40 PM, Jormungand said:

This new buck, based on the scale height of 6'4" is the one we should get tall but leaner characters on. Characters like Silver Surfer, Firelord, Vision, Loki, etc. 

But Vulcan is only 6' and this to replace the Bucky-Cap mold (who was 5'9"} so this is too short for the likes of the Surfer, Vision, Etc.

If you say so, I really don't have any real knowledge or interest in this particular character. I am far more interested in Hasbro developing a buck for the characters I mentioned and finally getting their height corrected... among others, like Cyclops. Take a look at the review pictures, 6'4" is what the reviewer converted the new figures height to in scale. This appears to be the buck I have long been hoping for. If Vulcan is the first character they chose to use it for, perhaps it was not the best choice for him if he is only 6' even.

On 6/20/2022 at 6:53 AM, Jormungand said:

If you say so, I really don't have any real knowledge or interest in this particular character. I am far more interested in Hasbro developing a buck for the characters I mentioned and finally getting their height corrected... among others, like Cyclops. Take a look at the review pictures, 6'4" is what the reviewer converted the new figures height to in scale. This appears to be the buck I have long been hoping for. If Vulcan is the first character they chose to use it for, perhaps it was not the best choice for him if he is only 6' even.

I may be misunderstanding you, but I think what he is saying is that the FIGURE measures out to 6.4". Its not representing a 6' 4" (six FOOT,four inch) person. At best this figure is representing someone around 6'0". Since this is supposed to be replacing the BuckyCap buck, and given Vulcan's height in the comics, this would be an accurate depiction.

Now for characters such as the Vision, the Silver Surfer, Firelord (all around 6'3"-6'4") this figure would be too short. The recent white Magneto figure would be a better choice, height wise. They put the Falcon, Moon Knight, vintage Vision, and upcoming Firelord on the Sunfire/Shang-Chi buck which is just flat wrong, because Shang-Chi/Sunfire are around 5' 10". How did they get it wrong? Sloppiness? Incompetence? Really can't say.

I've said it many times on the forum: hasbro needs to incorporate the same level of super-articulation of the Sunfire buck, to all their sizes, females included. I hope Vulcan is a step in that direction. I'd love for them to scrap the female molds altogether (hang on to Shriek and go from there) and come up with bucks that look the way they're supposed to and scaled correctly alongside their male counterparts. 

On 6/20/2022 at 3:53 PM, Jormungand said:

You misheard the review, he states the figure is 6.4 inches tall, not that it represents a 6' 4" figure

I love the comic book story background, there are tons of channels that review figures without any mention of comics or who the character is, or very often with no prior knowledge which is sad when a collector is buying /reviewing a figure and has no idea who it is, while this review style for a change feels like a breath of fresh air.