Next Fantastic Four wave

Hogun

Time to discuss what could be incorporated into the next Fantastic Four wave. Here are my picks and hear me out. We must obviously have all 4 members of the Fantastic Four and assuming it will be a wave of 6. My picks are Human Torch, Thing and Invisible Woman, Skye/Kaila and Victoria and the Griever. Their costume will be the the Reckoning War versions. So, the Human Torch will have his flamed on armor My pick for the BAF is a new Terrax to go with the new Haslab Galactus. Now, you may have noticed that I have left out Mr. Fantastic and that is because I want Hasbro to do him justice by making him a deluxe and include a bunch of swappable stretch parts. I want a new stretched out torso and stretched out legs. Screw the salad fingers, unless we can incorporate them into stretched out arms. Also, how about a 3-pack featuring Alicia, Jo-Venn and N'kalla?

I'd say no question the next FF wave is going to be with the Family in the Future Foundation suits, seems like it;s the obvious direction with spidey already in his stealth version of the suit, and the white god doom, it's unlikely that they'd go with any other outfits, I'd be shocked if they did, but with all of that being said, we really need Mole Man, Wizard and Annihilus and Dragon Man so if they can get those guys out that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree we will see a Future Foundation version before Hasbro is done. I said I was done with the FF after the recent dark blue ones but who knows, if they did the white team in a box set I’m sure I’d be tempted.

Mr Fantastic as a deluxe is an intriguing idea. The problem I foresee though is which suit gets the deluxe treatment? There are 3 different suits and I’m sure whichever one they pick would tick off the fans of the other colors.

• 1 month later...

Another possibility that could add some variety to an FF wave that required all 4 main members to make an appearance would be to go the exact opposite of symmetry and let’s hit random suits that the various FF members have worn on solo adventures or as part of another team.. for example:

1 Human Torch ( Avengers Unity Squad suit)

2 Thing ( Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation / solo series suit) 

3 that weird hyper sexualized Invisible Woman suit with the boob holes in the FF logo

4 Mr Fantastic hmm not sure here.. we’ve gotten the best suits and a lab coat accessory.. but you get the idea

then add two more villains or FF related allies...could extend the life of the sub line

On 8/7/2022 at 11:03 PM, McHogan said:

Another possibility that could add some variety to an FF wave that required all 4 main members to make an appearance would be to go the exact opposite of symmetry and let’s hit random suits that the various FF members have worn on solo adventures or as part of another team.. for example:

1 Human Torch ( Avengers Unity Squad suit)

2 Thing ( Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation / solo series suit) 

3 that weird hyper sexualized Invisible Woman suit with the boob holes in the FF logo

4 Mr Fantastic hmm not sure here.. we’ve gotten the best suits and a lab coat accessory.. but you get the idea

then add two more villains or FF related allies...could extend the life of the sub line

Honesty I think they should really just nix the whole family right out of the wave IMO, especially if they are going to give us another Retro card wave, I think they should just keep the next costumes for the FF in the BAF wave, then the Retro card wave can just bypass the family all together and give us 6 new characters, some Inhumans, some villains, maybe a Franklin. I'm not too excited to see 5000 different FF waves and each wave has to just to give us the Family over and over in different suits.

On 8/8/2022 at 5:14 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Honesty I think they should really just nix the whole family right out of the wave IMO, especially if they are going to give us another Retro card wave, I think they should just keep the next costumes for the FF in the BAF wave, then the Retro card wave can just bypass the family all together and give us 6 new characters, some Inhumans, some villains, maybe a Franklin. I'm not too excited to see 5000 different FF waves and each wave has to just to give us the Family over and over in different suits.

Totally agree. The there are so many F4 characters that constantly shoving the same four characters into each wave makes no sense. At most they should only have two members per wave. Also the Retro line can now focus on other characters since they have already done the family there

On 8/9/2022 at 2:52 AM, leokearon said:

Totally agree. The there are so many F4 characters that constantly shoving the same four characters into each wave makes no sense. At most they should only have two members per wave. Also the Retro line can now focus on other characters since they have already done the family there

yeah see I was thinking, like I said above, keep the retro wave going without any FF members, and if they still want to have BAF waves, they can toss in new costumes for the family in there, because the BAF would entice people to constantly dip in on buying new FF suits.

On 8/9/2022 at 6:01 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah see I was thinking, like I said above, keep the retro wave going without any FF members, and if they still want to have BAF waves, they can toss in new costumes for the family in there, because the BAF would entice people to constantly dip in on buying new FF suits.

I would still prefer the team spilt between waves. Have the same 4 characters in each wave isn't a good thing

On 8/10/2022 at 2:59 AM, leokearon said:

I would still prefer the team spilt between waves. Have the same 4 characters in each wave isn't a good thing

I’d be cool with this as long as they completed the team in whatever matching suits they split the line with. One of ToyBizs problems was getting 2 or 3 of the 4 in one suit then NEVER completing that look for the team.

seems they fixed that with a couple of box sets near the end but by then it was too little too late

On 8/11/2022 at 3:30 AM, McHogan said:

I’d be cool with this as long as they completed the team in whatever matching suits they split the line with. One of ToyBizs problems was getting 2 or 3 of the 4 in one suit then NEVER completing that look for the team.

seems they fixed that with a couple of box sets near the end but by then it was too little too late

The smart thing would be to have two waves a year and put two of the F4 in one wave and the the other two in the second

Well it seems basically confirmed that the next outfits for FF are Future Foundation with the reveal of Turg head, but I wonder if we might see some characters like Dragon Man, and maybe like Nat Richards, Alex Powers, Franklin or Valeria.

On 8/11/2022 at 8:07 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Well it seems basically confirmed that the next outfits for FF are Future Foundation with the reveal of Turg head, but I wonder if we might see some characters like Dragon Man, and maybe like Nat Richards, Alex Powers, Franklin or Valeria.

I doubt Dragon Man will be done given he's 15'3" unless they do something like Surtur. I could see Alex and Maybe Julie being done, which would also start Power Pack

On 8/12/2022 at 3:59 AM, leokearon said:

I doubt Dragon Man will be done given he's 15'3" unless they do something like Surtur. I could see Alex and Maybe Julie being done, which would also start Power Pack

I don't think hasbro really cares enough about scale for that to matter - i could definitely see them making a Dragon Man BAF.  How popular that would be, i don't know. I am definitely down with more FF waves but the last one didn't do very well at retail. 

I do think tackling more costumes/characters from Hickman's run is in the works.  personally would really like annihilus at some point

TBF a new Dragon Man, if it was made as a single release, would be huge and would be one of the Mega Deluxe set, ranging from 60 to 70. Maybe as a con exclusive

As for a BAF, it would be very under sized. Not because they couldn't execute it right but it would have to fit into the new packaging. Yeah so making it a BAF wouldn't make it the right size.