Marvel Legends Future Foundations Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Future Foundations Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out the images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Future_Foundations_Spider_Man_Stealth_Suit_By_Dan88w_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Future_Foundations_Spider_Man_Stealth_Suit_By_Dan88w_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Future_Foundations_Spider_Man_Stealth_Suit_By_Dan88w_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Future_Foundations_Spider_Man_Stealth_Suit_By_Dan88w_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Future_Foundations_Spider_Man_Stealth_Suit_By_Dan88w_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Future_Foundations_Spider_Man_Stealth_Suit_By_Dan88w_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Future_Foundations_Spider_Man_Stealth_Suit_By_Dan88w_07.jpg

I came in here actually solely to see what this new packaging is all about, and how the figure was held inside, I guess it's what I imagined, what is really the most unironic elements of this packaging was poor Dan got to show us exactly one of the big huge fears of these windowless packages, some terrible paint apps.

Nice one Hasbro, not curbing our worries at all with this.

the environment will be happy, but we might all end up with a collection that half the figures look like Jackson Pollock did the deco.

Can't say i find the new packaging very appealing.  plus as pointed out no way to inspect for QC, so there is now very little incentive to buy MLs in store vs online. 

Any word on whether Mattel and McFarlane have similar plans to go plastic free?

Good for the environment (although lets face it, a drop in the bucket really, if that) but not great for the health of the line, imo.  you will pretty much lose all MOC collectors and hurt in-store retail sales, which itself could have consequences for whether chains choose to offer the figures in their physical stores.

First off, it's as ridiculous as I thought it would be. Either they need to use mock up pictures of what the figure would look like if it was a window box or someone at Hasbro needs to get John Tyler Christopher on the horn to do some nice looking, if a bit inaccurate art for the boxes. Just putting the "official" product shots on the front is super cheesy and just plain ayass cheap. Yeah I know, I know, artists cost money, but don't we pay enough for these things, and especially on these special editions that don't come with a BAF part or many accessories either, the least they can do is make them look decent.

Personally, I can imagine the MIB crowd is none to happy about how these look either, but I can imagine it'll be even much worse. I'm not an MIB guy but as a collector I know what I wanna spend my money on and MIB'ers support the line as much as anyone else. And good luck to all the MIB'ers out there who buy from the Brick 'n' Mortars, because you can't actually open the boxes, and who knows what the hell is in the box? At that point your just counting on the fact that whatever is said to be in the box is actually in the box.....but you can't be sure. There could be an old Toybiz figure in the box, there could be and old Power Ranger in the box, there could be a freaking half a roll of Pilsbury biscuits in the box. At that point you're basically paying for only a box full of faith. And then, if you ever get into a situation where you buy one, never open it, then sell it for $600 dollars on the secondary market, what's to keep the person you sold it to from just saying the figure was a swap? Yep, the MIB crowd is gonna suffer the most.

Another thing I have a concern with here, and it has been brought up by others, and I think the actual answer is not something anyone is gonna like, but what about the recent Toybiz Retro line? How do they plan on approaching this? I'm 99 percent sure what the answer to that is already though. In order for these figures to remain "authentic" they are still going to come in the same packaging, but since they are still gonna be using plastic bubbles Hasbro's gonna have to tack on a few extra dollars on the already too inflated cost of the figure. For the environment. Cuz if your gonna continue to "ruin" the environment while you stand on your soapbox and wave your environmental flag while you do it, you might as well make a few extra bucks while doing it. Y'know, for the future......and stuff.

Yeah, they need some cool box art instead of a random render, to make them more appealing, look at Transformers and all their cool box art, why can't ML get something like that?

The fact hat Hasbro haven't changed how the boxes are opened in another problem. As I said a lot of times, to do this right, it needed to be like the Transformers: Selects, a tiny piece of clear tape isn't going to stop thieves or swappers. Clearly they sadly put no real thought into this.

I didn't expect it to be smaller than the regular plastic packaging, although the difference is not that great. The render of the figure on the front doesn't look that exciting to be honest. It's kinda boring and now that we won't be seeing the figures at all, I think it'd be better to have something more catchy to make it more interesting in general. Now for the figure, I don't care about it. 

I have no interest in this particular figure, so my comments will be purely about the new packaging. It won't be enough for me to quit collecting Marvel Legends, but it will be the end for me for a secondary line that I had been collecting in G.I. Joe Classified. I have nearly 30 of those figures so far and all have been kept MIB and I don't intend to ever open any of them. I will not buy a single one of those figures in the new windowless packaging. For Legends, I used to open absolutely everything, but I've done a lot more MIB over the last 5 or so years. I won't quit the line, but all of my future purchases will be through online retailers (which honestly isn't much of a change). It will likely lead me to buying fewer multiples though.

On 6/20/2022 at 3:38 AM, leokearon said:

Wow, the amount of waste on this new packaging, they could easily make the packaging roughly the size of the army builders and save more trees by using less cardboard.

Can you imagine they did essentially army building style packaging? We are already concerned about thieves and what may actually be in the box.. if they put boxes that small on pegs thieves could steal an entire wave haha

On 6/20/2022 at 9:41 AM, monron999 said:

First off, it's as ridiculous as I thought it would be. Either they need to use mock up pictures of what the figure would look like if it was a window box or someone at Hasbro needs to get John Tyler Christopher on the horn to do some nice looking, if a bit inaccurate art for the boxes. Just putting the "official" product shots on the front is super cheesy and just plain ayass cheap. Yeah I know, I know, artists cost money, but don't we pay enough for these things, and especially on these special editions that don't come with a BAF part or many accessories either, the least they can do is make them look decent.

Personally, I can imagine the MIB crowd is none to happy about how these look either, but I can imagine it'll be even much worse. I'm not an MIB guy but as a collector I know what I wanna spend my money on and MIB'ers support the line as much as anyone else. And good luck to all the MIB'ers out there who buy from the Brick 'n' Mortars, because you can't actually open the boxes, and who knows what the hell is in the box? At that point your just counting on the fact that whatever is said to be in the box is actually in the box.....but you can't be sure. There could be an old Toybiz figure in the box, there could be and old Power Ranger in the box, there could be a freaking half a roll of Pilsbury biscuits in the box. At that point you're basically paying for only a box full of faith. And then, if you ever get into a situation where you buy one, never open it, then sell it for $600 dollars on the secondary market, what's to keep the person you sold it to from just saying the figure was a swap? Yep, the MIB crowd is gonna suffer the most.

Another thing I have a concern with here, and it has been brought up by others, and I think the actual answer is not something anyone is gonna like, but what about the recent Toybiz Retro line? How do they plan on approaching this? I'm 99 percent sure what the answer to that is already though. In order for these figures to remain "authentic" they are still going to come in the same packaging, but since they are still gonna be using plastic bubbles Hasbro's gonna have to tack on a few extra dollars on the already too inflated cost of the figure. For the environment. Cuz if your gonna continue to "ruin" the environment while you stand on your soapbox and wave your environmental flag while you do it, you might as well make a few extra bucks while doing it. Y'know, for the future......and stuff.

Agree. At the end of the day who is this plastic less packaging really for? Don’t think for a second that Hasbro’s decision was for the World.. more likely to appease the vocal minority that anyone who uses plastic is utterly evil.

The whole new packaging rollout seems ill thought out and rushed. I mean, pics of the figure instead of dynamic art? No way to guarantee what they say is in the box is actually there? This screams of reactionary steps that will surely be re-thought or revamped before long. It looks bush league and hardly like a major company’s product.

everyone has hit the major concerns that at this point are not addressed. What’s in the box? Are the eyes painted correctly or cross-eyed? Does my figure have two left feet? Online purchases really don’t guarantee anything. Not like Hasbro is immune to mistakes when we can see what’s in the package now.

i don’t know, this feels like a blind bag product. I’m not thrilled about the future of the line.

really feel Hasbro will have  to rethink this strategy when they see customers aren’t buying multiples for MOC or impulse purchases. Can’t imagine the environment will be such a huge issue to them when they can’t sell the same amount of product. Do you really think any company will place conscious over making $$$? 

I don’t know the solution. They can’t zip tie the figures to the cardboard but they can’t rely on the general public’s honesty either 

The figure is ok but wasn’t thrilled with the look when the MU 3 3/4 line released him. It’s not the best design in either white or black

but this does beg the question if they release a white version will they eventually release a future foundation FF as well ? I mean, obviously they will but not to excited to buy the FF again at today’s prices

On 6/20/2022 at 11:57 AM, leokearon said:

Yeah, they need some cool box art instead of a random render, to make them more appealing, look at Transformers and all their cool box art, why can't ML get something like that?

The fact hat Hasbro haven't changed how the boxes are opened in another problem. As I said a lot of times, to do this right, it needed to be like the Transformers: Selects, a tiny piece of clear tape isn't going to stop thieves or swappers. Clearly they sadly put no real thought into this.

Agree, this new strategy feels rushed and half-@$$ed. Like they were given a hard deadline for when the new packaging was to be started without putting any thought into how it wold be implemented. 

If I had to guess, by this time next year, the whole presentation of the plastic free packaging will be very different than what we see here. Probably still plastic free but better box art, better figure security.. 

i mean, my experience with the latest Thor wave I saw bad paint apps and stolen accessories. All this with see through packaging. I shudder to think how we will all get burned if Hasbro just phones it in like they have here

On 6/22/2022 at 11:13 PM, McHogan said:

At the end of the day who is this plastic less packaging really for? Don’t think for a second that Hasbro’s decision was for the World.. more likely to appease the vocal minority that anyone who uses plastic is utterly evil.

It's not even that. They want to look like they're doing something environmentally conscious, but the truth is that the plastic in the packaging for their plastic figures is the most easily and widely recycled plastic on earth. When it comes right down to it, it's about spending less money. With oil prices what they are, and plastics being made from oil, the only plastic they want to be putting on shelves is the toys themselves. And they would make them out of wood if they thought they could get away with it. With the cost of paper/cardboard rising, too, we'll see how far this plastic-free packaging thing goes, especially with many collectors hating it.

On 6/23/2022 at 3:58 AM, McHogan said:

Can you imagine they did essentially army building style packaging? We are already concerned about thieves and what may actually be in the box.. if they put boxes that small on pegs thieves could steal an entire wave haha

Like some don't do that already

On 6/23/2022 at 4:41 AM, McHogan said:

Agree, this new strategy feels rushed and half-@$$ed. Like they were given a hard deadline for when the new packaging was to be started without putting any thought into how it wold be implemented. 

If I had to guess, by this time next year, the whole presentation of the plastic free packaging will be very different than what we see here. Probably still plastic free but better box art, better figure security.. 

i mean, my experience with the latest Thor wave I saw bad paint apps and stolen accessories. All this with see through packaging. I shudder to think how we will all get burned if Hasbro just phones it in like they have here

Hopefully they will address the problems sooner rather than later. 

On 6/26/2022 at 5:34 PM, Emnems80 said:

There was that bit of news of Hasbro trying to patent that locking mechanism for figures. My guess is if it works they could move to open window boxes but idk what they would do about accessories.

I remember that, which it would stop theft, but not swapping. As for accessories they would probably have to be hidden in the packaging.

On 6/27/2022 at 12:10 AM, leokearon said:

I remember that, which it would stop theft, but not swapping. As for accessories they would probably have to be hidden in the packaging.

I was speaking more for the MOC crowd and being able to check the QC of the fig before purchasing. But very true about the swappers.... swappers are gonna swap, smh.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 2:10 AM, leokearon said:

Me too, it was a very flawed system. Basically it stopped being able to remove a figure without quite a bit of effort and massive damage to the packaging but stealing things like the head sculpt or the BAF part (if the BAF is still going to be a thing) was still fairly easy. Quite simply, crooks are gonna find a way, and to be honest, stores like Walmart and Target have policies against employees putting themselves in harms way to stop or confront shoplifters so if thieves really want something that bad all they really have to do is pick it up and walk out with it. These stupid windowless boxes are only just adding another layer of frustration to MOC/MIB collectors and resellers. Real resellers, not Dbag scalpers.

On 7/14/2022 at 4:39 PM, NotNamed said:

So they used a pinned body for a figure solicited at the same time as others that use the new pinless joints. That's pretty lame.

I had to pass on this one. Pinless isn't a "must" for me but it would've helped this figure. I'll just wait on real Future Foundation Spidey. Or not.