X-Men Marvel Legends Retro Collection 20th Anniversary Series Apocalypse

JayC

We have been telling you this was coming for awhile now but now its been officially revealed. It's the new X-Men Marvel Legends Retro Collection 20th Anniversary Series Apocalypse figure from Hasbro. Look for it to be available for pre-order tomorrow (6/21) at 1pm ET at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Apocalypse-01.jpg

Apocalypse-02.jpg

Apocalypse-03.jpg

On 6/20/2022 at 11:02 AM, Hogun said:

Not going to lie, I am picking this guy up exclusively for the arm cannon for the BAF. otherwise, I prefer the upper torso and the colors on the 2018 BAF.

That's what they're counting on. I'm contemplating it too. To tell the truth, they could probably release 20 different versions of Apocalypse with 20 different arm attachments and there would be people that probably buy them all just for the attachments.

On 6/20/2022 at 11:20 AM, tarot said:

Ryan confirmed this is Cartoon based for anyone wondering. I mean the figure is literally 1 to 1 with the image. Probably couldn't fit the figure into the VHS box without ruining the line-up/bookshelf style they were going for.

He has had those colors in the comic as well and there is no cell shading which differentiates it from the VHS stuff. I mean I agree I would consider it based on the cartoon more than anything but its not really in keeping with the Pulse exclusive VHS stuff either.

On 6/20/2022 at 12:10 PM, JayC said:

He has had those colors in the comic as well and there is no cell shading which differentiates it from the VHS stuff. I mean I agree I would consider it based on the cartoon more than anything but its not really in keeping with the Pulse exclusive VHS stuff either.

Of course not. They'll be doing a VHS version with that so-called cell shading later on.

Man, he looks good!  If this sculpt were to become available in a blue & black or two-tone blue color scheme, I grab him in a heartbeat.  Frankly, I probably would have gotten him with the intention of repainting him myself if he had come out only a year or two ago, but I can't justify compromises like that at the new price points.  Here's hoping  he gets a re-deco in the near future.  I'm also anxious to see what Marvel Select comes up with.

I went ahead and pre-ordered this since I don't have the Hasbro BAF. I do have AOA version and I also have the original Toy Biz Series VII version and the giant Toy Biz BAF. I've been using the Toy Biz Series VII version in my display and haven't opened the AOA version yet. I've been kicking myself for not getting the Hasbro BAF version and I had been hoping that they'd be re-issuing that on the retro card, but I'll take this. It was the same way with Lizard, I missed that BAF and had been hoping that was what they were re-issuing on the retro card, but that's not how it worked out. Right now I have an old Spider-Man Classics Ultimate Lizard in my display.

Yup Pre-Ordered this fig, I actually really like it, I do wish it was a re-release of the BAF, but hey that's the way the cookie crumbles, I do also have the AOA Apocalypse, but I feel compelled to have a regular Apocalypse, but I'm also still excited to see what Select's offering looks like in the end, I might actually get that and keep it rather then this figure if it looks as good as I imagine from the renders.

I was thinking about what is it that I really dislike about this figure and realized it was way too saturated for my taste. If the purple was more grayish I think it would have a better overall look. While he was pretty bright in cartoon cels (one that Ryan posted)  and in some scenes, he mostly had more subdued colors, including this iconic scene.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• 1 month later...
Hasbro has sent Toy Migos a production sample of the X-Men Marvel Legends Retro Collection 20th Anniversary Series Apocalypse figure in order to give you the first in-hand look at it. This figure is still available for pre-order at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Apocalypse 00.jpg

Apocalypse 2.jpg

Apocalypse 3.jpg

Apocalypse 4.jpg

Apocalypse 5.jpg

Apocalypse 6.jpg

Apocalypse.jpg

It;s an awesome figure, I'm torn on that Deco, I like it but I do prefer the Classic Blue on the BAF, I do wish this was a re-release of the BAF but hey I still want this. I guess having this and the AOA Apocalypse will be suffice enough. I still wish I took the opportunity when I could to build that damn Apocalypse BAF.