Marvel Select The Watcher (ReIssue) Figure Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Marvel Select is not my go to which is why I passed on this when they first offered him; I was also not at all into the lack of articulation. Waiting and waiting on Marvel Legends.....no go. But now, I know if Legends ever does him, they're gonna charge like $50.00 and upward. This sold for $27.00.  Couldnt pass it up!

Figure still holds up in terms of sculpt, looks beautiful, can't believe how old this is, and still you could lie to someone who didn't know and say this was 2022 release, he does what he does and watches, he doesn't need to get into dynamic poses, but sheesh would have been nice to have the bottom half with some articulation.

looking at the comparison to the ML BAF, man that What If design is just ugly, never thought Watcher was a very cool looking character, just a big head guy in a toga, but they didn't have to switch it up in that series, with the one sleeved arm, and none alien-eque eyes, Marvel Studios should have left him alone.

On 6/29/2022 at 8:34 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Figure still holds up in terms of sculpt, looks beautiful, can't believe how old this is, and still you could lie to someone who didn't know and say this was 2022 release, he does what he does and watches, he doesn't need to get into dynamic poses, but sheesh would have been nice to have the bottom half with some articulation.

looking at the comparison to the ML BAF, man that What If design is just ugly, never thought Watcher was a very cool looking character, just a big head guy in a toga, but they didn't have to switch it up in that series, with the one sleeved arm, and none alien-eque eyes, Marvel Studios should have left him alone.

Its a good figure and captures his "alien-ess" very well. I do believe however that every humanoid type figure should have full articulation, whether its Spider-Man or the Hulk. No, I don't expect the Hulk to be doing standing somersaults nor do I expect the Watcher to be teaching Iron Fist how to do a wheel kick, but he should have legs that move, knees that bend, etc. Mine should be arriving soon.

Fully agree that MCU show's version was poorly designed. Wouldn't it have been cool if they made the decision that no matter what the medium, the Watcher always looks the same. Since time and parallel dimensions are no barrier to him, that would make sense.

yeah i always liked the Byrne version of Watcher best, and the select version seems to lean in that direction.

i wonder if hasbro will tackle with a comic version or if that would become a problem now that there is the D+ version and we don't want to confuse the viewers. 

An mcu watcher from GotG vol2 would be welcome as the BAF for the new wave imo. certainly more appealing than the Korg for love and thunder

I was originally bummed about the Select figures (lack of ) articulation but at the end of the day he does exactly what the MCU version does even though the Hasbro one has much better articulation. He stands and watches. So my final vote is he is a great CLASSIC character in his most classic suit and fits perfectly into my comic figure collection. 

I do like the MCU redesign though.. like the best suits that the MCU has interpreted ( Cap, IM, Batroc) they use elements like the same colors and designs and turn them into something we’d likely see if these characters were walking around in our world. There is no mistaking this is the Watcher. Really, understated but hits the right balance between classic comics and modern MCU