Major New MCU Characters From Black Panther: Wakanda Forever First Look?!? SPOILERS

JayC

Below is what appears to be our first look at actor Tenoch Huerta Mejía as Namor The Sub-Mariner who will be featured in the upcoming Black Panther: Wakanda Forever movie that is currently slated to open in theaters on November 11, 2022. The image appears to be from something like a water bottle or some other kind of movie merchandise that has leaked out early.

Also artwork for the Namor's nemesis Attuma has leaked out as well.

have to admit I was a bit apprehensive about whole Mayan / Aztec thing but there is also the theory that Atlantis was situation in the Gulf of Mexico before it was destroyed by the meteor so they could be pulling from that.

That being said Attuma look awesome the way they mixed the above-mentioned stuff with his classic look. I'm guessing he will be the BAF? 

as for Namor, well except for ear and nose ring, he looks great. again blend the classic and aztec elements well.

Attuma yes, Namor as some kind of nose ringed aztec...no.

Always hoped the Rock would be the Sub-Mariner, but then I hoped Namor would get to the screen before Aquaman.

Qe'll see.

Where are his eyebrows, where are the winged ankles? 

Still....it distracts from the "no Black Panther" issue. For now. 

On 7/2/2022 at 5:11 PM, Atlantis said:

Just saw a deliberately blurred image where it looks like he will have the ankle wings. I hope theyre organic and not part of a costume. 

Just work on the eyebrows and DITCH that nose ring!! lol

I bet the wings on the ankle are retractable and probably are mystical/organic and appear when he flys, that's just my theory, since rumours are he has them, this image above doesn't show his feet.

I hope they come to their senses and have the Black Panther in the movie, though. He's too great a character to just shelve. 

And the Aztec angle for the Atlanteans DOES intrigue me, I admit. Never saw that coming because the Sub-Mariner and the Atlanteans would have a heavily Mediterranean- influenced background; many have tried to place the fabled island/ city nation state in other areas around the planet, using pseudoscientific reasoning (which fails, 'cause, you know....they can't find it where's its supposed to be, 'cause IT NEVER EXISTED). Atlantis though has always had a special meaning for me. SURRPISE. Replacing that with a culture from the 14th century , I don't know. But its gonna be interesting to see how/if they can pull it off.

On 7/2/2022 at 5:14 PM, SpiderS said:

I dig it, especially Attuma, it's different enough but still retains the gist of the characters. I suppose it might look even better in live-action. Kinda weird they don't have Shuri in her Black Panther costume.

They haven't confirmed she's going to be the new one, have they? I haven't heard that yet. I'm hoping she's not, and that they will recast the part. Maybe that's why she's not in costume.

On 7/3/2022 at 12:15 AM, Atlantis said:

They haven't confirmed she's going to be the new one, have they? I haven't heard that yet.

I haven't heard or read that anywhere, either. Not officially, anyway. There's plenty of fan speculation all over the place, but that doesn't mean anything right now.

On 7/2/2022 at 10:30 PM, SpiderS said:

Most movie news scoopers indicated that Shuri would be the new Panther, while others implied that Shuri, M'Baku and Okoye might share the title as a team. 

In other words, its not confirmed. So like before, to answer your question, that's why its not weird that you have yet to see her in the Panther costume.

I'm very excited to see Namor make his debut, I really hope he is handled well. I gotta say that I don't like the ringed nose and the bigass earrings  though. It's because they're changing his origin and he's now Mayan, I guess and I don't know if I really like it. In any case I'll wait to see how it is in the movie, but for now I'm a little concerned. 

On 7/3/2022 at 1:30 AM, SpiderS said:

Most movie news scoopers indicated that Shuri would be the new Panther, while others implied that Shuri, M'Baku and Okoye might share the title as a team. 

Well we all know that the actor playing Shuri has been a very bad girl by Disney protocal so she probably managed to get herself nixed from being BP. I think the most prominent rumor is for M'Baku, but if I were a betting man I would say Okoye gets the nod.

Oh yeah, I am a betting man. Put me down a five for Okoye.

Not sure why people are speculating about Shuri being in BP 2, I already posted above a picture of her in a new costume, with Okoye from promo material, which should substantiate she is in the movie, plus she is stated to be in the movie on Wikipedia, IMDB etc, it's safe to say even with her controversies as of late, disney is still moving forward with Letitia Wright.

still obviously undetermined if she will take the new mantle of BP, but she will be in the movie, and likely have a major role, there is not strong evidence other then articles of her poor choices in recent times to her not being in the movie, it's the contrary.

I just realized that Namora and Attuma are wearing breathing masks. But yeah, Namora looks good but compared to the other 2 she is straying far from the classic design. I'm guessing that Namor will be the only half human in Atlantis with Namora being his half sister.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:57 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Not sure why people are speculating about Shuri being in BP 2, I already posted above a picture of her in a new costume, with Okoye from promo material, which should substantiate she is in the movie, plus she is stated to be in the movie on Wikipedia, IMDB etc, it's safe to say even with her controversies as of late, disney is still moving forward with Letitia Wright.

still obviously undetermined if she will take the new mantle of BP, but she will be in the movie, and likely have a major role, there is not strong evidence other then articles of her poor choices in recent times to her not being in the movie, it's the contrary.

Not sure if you were replying to me but it  kinda sounded like you were, so I felt compelled to clarify my statement. I think you mighta misconstrued what I said. I didn't say Shuri was not in the movie. Promo images like the one you posted and set photos online made it clear she is. All I'm saying is I think Disney woulda fired her if they could have found the right spin, but they couldn't find one that would have left them unscathed so they didn't. I think she was most likely in line to be the new BP and it would have tracked correctly cuz she did serve as BP in the comics, but as soon as she fell outta favor with Disney/Marvel the rumors that M'Baku would actually take the mantle started making the rounds. Unfortunately I don't think that would have been a message Disney wanted to put forth either so in the end I think the smart play (if not the correct one) is to have Okoye take up the role. And it might actually be for the best. Danai Gurira has the look and has the experience playing a bad ayass and it just seems a better fit.

On 7/4/2022 at 9:48 PM, monron999 said:

Not sure if you were replying to me but it  kinda sounded like you were, so I felt compelled to clarify my statement. I think you mighta misconstrued what I said. I didn't say Shuri was not in the movie. Promo images like the one you posted and set photos online made it clear she is. All I'm saying is I think Disney woulda fired her if they could have found the right spin, but they couldn't find one that would have left them unscathed so they didn't. I think she was most likely in line to be the new BP and it would have tracked correctly cuz she did serve as BP in the comics, but as soon as she fell outta favor with Disney/Marvel the rumors that M'Baku would actually take the mantle started making the rounds. Unfortunately I don't think that would have been a message Disney wanted to put forth either so in the end I think the smart play (if not the correct one) is to have Okoye take up the role. And it might actually be for the best. Danai Gurira has the look and has the experience playing a bad ayass and it just seems a better fit.

I wasn't actually replying directly to you, just replying at large, many people seemed to be unclear on if Letitia Wright was going to be in this movie, and I was just clarifying that indeed she was, we still don't know if she will take up the mantle of Black Panther but it does seem like the most logical step, since as you mentioned she was Black Panther in the comics for some time, who knows if she will have a large role or not, or be Black Panther, I was just saying she is in the movie, she wasn't booted, and oh hey I actually never thought of Okoye becoming Black Panther, this is something I am actually thinking could now be a possibility, although she wasn't in the comics, we know that Marvel Studios does put their own spins on things and her taking the mantle doesn't seem like such a bad idea, she is loved as a character, and her experience in the films would make her a good candidate. Winston Duke would be cool , but I'd rather and do hope they develop him into more of a villain and trully become Man-Ape in the future, so lets not hope he comes Black Panther I don't think that would work.