Marvel Legends Haslab 2022 Fan-Poll - X-Men Blackbird Jet Vs Fin Fang Foom, Which Would You Rather See Done First?

JayC

It seems like whenever folks start discussing what they would like to see Hasbro release for their next Haslab Marvel Legends project, the two items I see getting brought up the most are either a 6" scale X-Men Blackbird Jet which would be the first vehicle done in the Marvel Legends line, or the character Fin Fang Foom.

Now Foom was actually released as a Marvel Legends Build-A-Figure by Hasbro back in 2008. It was a figure that actually required you to buy two waves of Hulk figures in order to complete.

Back in April during a Marvel Podcast, Hasbro's Dwight Stall did mention that he would love to get a crack at doing a new updated Fin Fang Foom figure. During that Podcast they also confirmed that a third Marvel Legends Haslab project would be coming likely this year.

The first two Marvel Legends Haslab campaigns which were very successful featured large action figures with the Mutant Hunting Sentinel and Galactus. As I mentioned before, a 6" scale vehicle has never been done for the Marvel Legends line, but it is something that is often brought up in fan discussions for the line. Usually the top 3 vehicles mentioned are the X-Men Blackbird, Avengers Quinjet and Fantastic Four Fantasicar. Oh and then there always the unrealistic calls for something like a S.H.I.E.L.D. Hellicarrier. Still if Hasbro where to attempt a 6" scale vehicle for the Marvel Legends line, I feel like the iconic X-Men jet would be the most likely candidate. To get an idea of what such an item might look like, I suggest you check out this COOL CUSTOM one done by Francis Flores.

I personally would rather see Hasbro stick with large figures. Vehicles tend to take up more shelf space which for me is somewhat limited. However I wanted to put the question out to you all, just for fun. If you could choose between a 6" scale Marvel Legends X-Men Blackbird or a new updated/larger Fin Fang Foom figure for the next Haslab project, which one would you choose? Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION below.

Haslab-2022-01.jpg

Haslab-2022-02.jpg

Haslab-2022-03.jpg

Foom easily. 

I wouldn't want a Blackbird at all and even if the choice were a Quinjet it just isn't practical. 

If they could do something like an interior playset ( I guess is what it would be) where you'd have the pilot seats and the next few rows  or something. Would be for display purposes only.. kinda of like what they did back in the day with the Star Trek bridge playset. This may work for Blackbird or a Quinjet and could display 6-8 Xmen or Avengers on their way to their next mission

Blackbird all the way. Simply because FFF will never be scale accurate. I know, I know, neither is Galactus, but there was no choice given with him. You either took that option or none at all. Same with FFF. If you give it to me as the only option I'll take it, plus it might have some decent unlockables (maybe the Warrior Three?), but given a choice I'll always go for scale accuracy, which in this case can only be done with the Blackbird.

Plus, though the ML team likes to give a lot of lip service they're really not all that keen about correcting some of their past attempts as they are at trying to show up Toybiz's attempts. How long have we been basically begging for a new Blob? I honestly doubt FFF is really one of the items on their plate. I'm thinking a new Giant Man hits closer to home.

I don't need either, but I agree with the general consensus that FFF is the obvious choice. A Haslab Blackbird would be either way to small or upwards of $1K. Just not feasible. Since X-Men (Sentinel) and F4 (Galactus) have already had their Haslabs, they could give us a new property, either Avengers, Spider-Man or MCU. Avengers has the most options, Foom, Giant Man, etc, Spider-Man doesn't have many I can think of, so that's probably not likely, and while MCU would be the one I'd most want to see, they could do Giant-Man, Arishem, a Leviathan, etc, it probably wouldn't fund.

What I really want to see is a Devil Dinosaur. Include Moon Boy with him, tier 1 can be Moon Girl, the others can be alternate heads and overlays to replicate different looks. I probably wouldn't be able to pass up a 6" scale bright red T. Rex lol

Everyone's already hit on the big issues with the Blackbird, proper scale and space to display. I personally would prefer a breather this year and not have a massive Haslab figure to debate buying or not. My wallet could use a rest this year with the price increases and the number of figures I've purchased. If I had to choose, I would go FFF in a heartbeat, but I was hoping the Haslab figure this year would be a much smaller one and more affordable. I remember the Hasbro guys saying that was an option at some point. If they gave us a Dragon Man, Giant Man, or a Giant Man sized Super Adaptoid using the Avengers powers, those would be awesome figures and more price friendly. With rampant inflation, a Galactus or Sentinel sized figure would cost so much more this year anyway.

I would choose Fing Fang Foom over the Blackbird, though I don't think either would get me to spend the high ticket price. Galactus was a must for me. These aren't. 

Neither for me. The Blackbird would be gigantic and ultimately it’s just a plane. While FFF is cool, he’s never been one of my favorite characters. 

I’d like a playset of some type. A Danger Room would be awesome!  I can imagine all kinds of killer attachments.  Or a building exterior (similar to NECA’s). That would have crossover usage with other six inch figure lines. 

I’d still like to see a HasLab that is an entire team of figures. My vote is the Mutant Liberation Front.  Start with maybe seven figures and others would be unlocks. Because I don’t think that there is a chance of us ever getting the complete MLF over the course of years of single figure releases. Currently we have one (Stryfe). 

The Acolytes are another team. Imperial Guard also.  

I'd vote neither. I bought Galactus and 3 Sentinels, but I think that I'll be real picky about what I consider buying at that price point going forward.

I'm perfectly happy with the Foom we have (or at least enough so that I wouldn't be likely to drop $400 or more for a new one) and I also have an X-Jet that came with a 6" Wolverine back in X-Men Classics days. I just have my X-Jet flying off in a corner of my display so the "underscaledness" of it isn't as big of a deal. Remember when they made the Marvel Universe SHIELD Hellcarrier for the Marvel Universe line the SDCC exclusive? I've still got that hanging from the ceiling also, even though it's way under-scaled for even the 3.75" figures. Have the Avengers Quinjet also from that line.

The HasLab that I wanted last year instead of Galactus is still an option: Mole Man, Giganto the Mole Monster (from the Fantastic Four #1 cover) and a whole crap ton of Moloids / Subterraneans. However I think that I actually like IronSpider428's idea of Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy / Moon Girl better! I'd expect either of those options to be priced at around the same price point as the Rancor that didn't fund, though. Like some of the vehicles I mentioned above, I have a red 10" red T-Rex with the 3.75" SDCC exclusive Moon Boy back (that came with The Collector, Howard, Cosmo, Lockjaw, etc) in the distance of of my display to look like they're far away.

I would normally say Arishem the Judge is likely high on their list to do for the MCU, but it seems likely they'd put that off due to the fact that it probably wouldn't fund due to the lack of the popularity of the movie. If the next movie has a greater tie-in with the MCU overall, that might change though.

I too think a break would be a good idea this year, but I bet they try to put something out. You just never know how long the line will go on, so they've got to make the most money they can while they can. I love this golden age of superhero movies, tv shows and culture - but I think that even the most dedicated of us know that it won't go on forever. 20+ years ago when I started collecting these Marvel 6" figures, I never dreamed they'd still be making them this much later...  there have been a whole lot of popular toy lines come and go during that time, but Legends has survived!

On 7/3/2022 at 11:33 AM, Sidewinder said:

Neither for me. The Blackbird would be gigantic and ultimately it’s just a plane. While FFF is cool, he’s never been one of my favorite characters. 

I’d like a playset of some type. A Danger Room would be awesome!  I can imagine all kinds of killer attachments.  Or a building exterior (similar to NECA’s). That would have crossover usage with other six inch figure lines. 

I’d still like to see a HasLab that is an entire team of figures. My vote is the Mutant Liberation Front.  Start with maybe seven figures and others would be unlocks. Because I don’t think that there is a chance of us ever getting the complete MLF over the course of years of single figure releases. Currently we have one (Stryfe). 

The Acolytes are another team. Imperial Guard also.  

I was thinking the same thing about the Danger Room!!! Or maybe even better, a modular diorama (Danger Room on one side, City Street or Hellfire Club, or something on the other)!

If I could have my Haslab wish it would be a Frost Giant, but a boxed set of a great team is a fantastic option too!!! In fact, I am starting to like that best of all now! Damn you - now I am thinking about a bunch of possible options!!!! 🙂

I still want to say the new Haslab should be a Daily Bugle for Spidey's 60th Anniversary, but in terms of what I'd rather see a Blackbird or a FFF, I would go for a FFF, but I also would prefer no Haslab currently, I'd be very strongly tempted to purchase a FFF but the price tag and size both would be hindrances. I would like Hasbro to give the community a rest with a Haslab every year, spread it out, but my vote in this case goes to Fing. 

Galactus sized Fing Fang Foom would be cool but I doubt it can manage to get as much money as Sentinel or Galactus, maybe after the upcoming Shang Chi or Avengers movie introduces FFF properly there will be higher chances.  BlackBird though was always something I wanted to have but I doubt I can afford it, but if they included enough X-Men figures I can see it getting a lot of backers.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:16 PM, MeGrimlock78 said:

I worry about the price of the Blackbird, if it were to come to pass.  A 6" Cobra HISS tank is, what, $299?  The Blackbird would easily by twice that, if not more.

I think a jet would be awesome, but the Blackbird would just not be doable.  A Quinjet, or even Fantasticar would be more reasonable I think.

twice as much? Nah mate it would be closer five times as much. 1500 at the minimum. The hiss tank is like a bike from the rider's line compared to what a Blackbird jet size would be.