Marvel Legends Haslab 2022 Fan-Poll - X-Men Blackbird Jet Vs Fin Fang Foom, Which Would You Rather See Done First?

JayC

For arguments sake let’s say one or the other is offered but fails to gain backers. What has Hasbro learned from the Star Wars project(s) that failed to encourage us to spend the amount of money either of these would surely go for? 

If I recall, the Rancor’s add ons were weak sauce until the very end and by then it was too late. Honestly the only add on from either the Sentinel or Galactus that really appealed to me was the flame effect for Nova. No clue who Bastion was, no clue who the red guy with the ace that comes with Galactus is... don’t need a third Silver Surfer.. I guess what I’m saying is the Sentinel and Galactus were why I spent the money on them. 

At todays prices, I’m not sure Hasbro can offer me anything worth what I fear will be the cost of the next offer. I warned us all that we are basically enabling Hasbro to continue to raise the cost of their Haslab projects because how easily both gained the necessary backers. Only way we can get them to offer us something of value for a decent cost is let a few of their outrageous Haslab offerings fail 

Of these two I'd rather see Foom. A scale Blackbird would be like 9ft X 5ft X 2ft. Even at half scale, which I hate, it's far too large and likely too expensive for even Haslab backers to be interested. If they do vehicles it has to be things like the Punisher Van, Hell Charger, Fantasticar maybe, etc.... I'd rather get giant figures...  Giant Man, Atlas, Goliath, etc... 

I guess between the two I'd likely say Foom, but likely wouldn't back either of them.  The Blackbird would just be too dang big if it were done any sort of justice (the Quinjet would likely be the same).  A Punisher Battle Van might be closer to practical IMO.  Or an off-size figure that's maybe not as big as the previous offerings but larger than your normal build-a-figures and deluxes (like say, a Mangog).  Or say, a three-pack of comic-style Warriors Three.  But given what we've gotten so far I think the ML Haslabs will be a little more mainstream than those.

I’m in the same place as Reno, I’ve got 20 years of figures, two Sentinels and two Galacti.  What else can they pull out of the bag that’s going to make me want to shell out the cash again?  I already have all of the Legends BAFs, my  FFF is good enough.  Blackbird would be cool, but man, the SPACE would be ridiculous!   Id buy a real scale Lockjaw with some of the missing Royal Family: Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton & Maximus.

I think if they price it right and they put the effort of back lights and different backdrop options, a sealed figure display would make me buy in… possibly a couple or few of them.

Figure box sets aren’t the Haslab focus, those are targeted as exclusives, so that’s unrealistic to hope for.  With the price hikes, I’m skeptical there’s something coming that will fund at all.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:51 PM, MRT said:

Black bird is too big. Even if they did make it, I wouldn't back it. If i'm remembering correctly from the Agent's of Shield TV show, I think the quin jet is doable. It wasn't too big and can carry several figures.

I'd be down for Punisher Van and Hell charger too.

A Quinjet in Legends scale would be around 3 feet long and two feet wide. Totally doable.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:23 PM, tarot said:

twice as much? Nah mate it would be closer five times as much. 1500 at the minimum. The hiss tank is like a bike from the rider's line compared to what a Blackbird jet size would be.

Yeah, a Blackbird would be way too big and expensive