Avengers: Endgame 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Holographic Version) Figure From Hot Toys

JayC

Iron Man Mark LXXXV is the most advanced and powerful armor Tony Stark has ever created. It’s a special armor that gives Stark superhuman strength, durability, flight, and a variety of high-tech weapons.

Inspired by the design of Tony Stark’s very last Iron Man suit in MCU, Hot Toys is excited to present the Holographic Version of Iron Man Mark LXXXV 1/6th scale collectible figure in metallic blue as this year’s toy fair exclusive item only available in selected markets.

Masterfully crafted based on Iron Man Mark LXXXV in Avengers: Endgame, the diecast figure giving the armor a holographic twist features a helmet head with LED-light up function, intricate design of the Iron Man armor reproduced in blue accent with a metallic appearance, LED light-up functions scattered throughout the upper body, back and Arc Reactor on chest, highly-detailed weapons including Nano Lightning Refocuser, energy blade, Katar and a pair of Nano Repulsor Cannons, interchangeable hands, and specially designed figure stand.

Avengers-Endgame-01.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-02.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-03.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-04.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-05.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-06.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-07.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-08.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-09.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-10.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-11.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-12.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-13.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-14.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-15.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-16.jpg

I just don't understand what the point of this entire "holographic" gimmick is. Seriously, what good is an actual hologram of Iron Man supposed to be? The only use for any kind of hologram is to fool a potential threat that Iron Man is actually there, but if that were the case wouldn't you want that hologram to appear in color in order to fool anyone at all that he was actually there rather than holographic colors? It's just weird and nonsensical. The sculpt is still cool and I'm sure if there are still potential customers, especially those who are loyal purchasers. If you got the cash and space for this kind of thing that's great, but there's just no reason for this thing to exist.

On 7/6/2022 at 10:31 AM, monron999 said:

I just don't understand what the point of this entire "holographic" gimmick is. Seriously, what good is an actual hologram of Iron Man supposed to be? The only use for any kind of hologram is to fool a potential threat that Iron Man is actually there, but if that were the case wouldn't you want that hologram to appear in color in order to fool anyone at all that he was actually there rather than holographic colors? It's just weird and nonsensical. The sculpt is still cool and I'm sure if there are still potential customers, especially those who are loyal purchasers. If you got the cash and space for this kind of thing that's great, but there's just no reason for this thing to exist.

I think all of these hologram Iron Men are meant to mimic the holograms that Tony uses in his workshop to tinker with his armor's schematics (not that they're doing a good job at that here). The dynamic poses don't really fit that angle, but I guess they gotta showcase the figure some way. As for an actual practical use of an Iron Man hologram in battle, Tony has been shown projecting holograms of himself for crowd control.

076c434579a7416b030ede60b49883b4.jpg

Its incredible, but doesn't look "holographic" to me. But the sea-green/aqua/teal color is just amazingly well done. I won't be picking this one up but I bet it will retail around $19.99.

Seriously, it does look good. Probably only the die-hardest of die hard Iron Man fans will be getting this one. 

On 7/6/2022 at 11:16 AM, ADour said:

I think all of these hologram Iron Men are meant to mimic the holograms that Tony uses in his workshop to tinker with his armor's schematics (not that they're doing a good job at that here). The dynamic poses don't really fit that angle, but I guess they gotta showcase the figure some way. As for an actual practical use of an Iron Man hologram in battle, Tony has been shown projecting holograms of himself for crowd control.

076c434579a7416b030ede60b49883b4.jpg

Yes, it's not like we never actually saw a hologram of the armor in the shop and probably during conference calls and such, but really there's no need for the weapons and attachments. What are they gonna do, shoot holographic enemies? I'm not one to ever complain about accessories and basically this is just a repaint to get the most bang for their buck from a mold, but it's just excessive.

Like I said, it that's someone's niche I'm happy for them, it's just nothing I'd ever spend that kind of money on.

While I'm well past tired of seeing endless Iron Man after Iron Man from Hot Toys, considering that this is a summer convention exclusive, I'm glad it's a repainted Iron Man instead of something like Spider-Man Noir (either PS4 or Into the Spiderverse) or Nebula from the first Guardians of the Galaxy or some other unique or mostly unique figure. This is an easy pass for most people, but still something kind of special (If Iron Man is your thing), as most exclusives should be.