Hasbro Officially Announces 6" Selfie Series

JayC

While these had leaked out a month or so ago, Hasbro today has officially announced their 6" Selfie series of figures.

"We’re excited to announce our new personalization platform, Hasbro Selfie Series allowing YOU to digitally reimagine yourself as a collector-grade 6-inch action figure in your likeness, donning fan favorite character costume designs from G.I. JOE, Ghostbusters, Power Rangers, and Marvel, as well as designs inspired by Star Wars heroes.

This one-of-a-kind experience will be launching in Fall 2022 exclusively on the Hasbro Pulse mobile app (for fans aged 16 and older, in the US only). Fans attending San Diego Comic-Con (July 21-24) will have the opportunity to preview Hasbro Selfie Series figures at the Hasbro Booth, #3213. For additional updates on the Hasbro Selfie Series project and its launch visit"

The figures will cost likely cost $60 each. Here is the official press release:

Formlabs, the leading 3D printing company, and Hasbro, Inc., today announced they partnered to bring the toymaker’s latest innovation, Hasbro Selfie Series, to market this fall. A revolutionary new personalization platform, the Hasbro Selfie Series project uses the power of Formlabs 3D printers to enable fans to create a collector-grade, six-inch action figure in their likeness. The process is simple – fans download the Hasbro Pulse mobile app (16+) available on Android and iOS, log into their Hasbro Selfie Series account, scan their face, customize their character and hairstyle, then sit back and wait for their custom action figure to arrive at their doorstep. The Hasbro Selfie Series line will debut with fan-favorite characters from G.I. JOE, Ghostbusters, Power Rangers, and more. (Only available to customers in the U.S.)

The two companies began working together in 2014 when Hasbro started using Formlabs 3D printers to rapidly prototype action figures. Now, the partnership has evolved from prototyping to end-product manufacturing, enabling fans to create personalized action figures based on classic to current characters seen across popular films, television series and comics. To bring the Hasbro Selfie Series idea from concept to reality, Hasbro utilized more than 30 Form 3 printers, a new resin developed by Formlabs’ material scientists, and a custom designed digital workflow. Formlabs also tailored its PreForm and Dashboard software specifically for Hasbro to further integrate Formlabs’ API into Hasbro’s other manufacturing functions.

Formlabs’ digital fabrication platforms enable any company to develop a scalable manufacturing workflow that enables mass customization. Through its high-performance printers, materials, and software, Formlabs is enabling the era of mass production and mass customization.

“Our work with Hasbro continues to evolve to be at the forefront of innovation,” said Max Lobovsky, CEO and co-founder of Formlabs. “3D printing has long been viewed as a prototyping tool, but the Hasbro Selfie Series personalization platform demonstrates that Formlabs enables end-product manufacturing at scale. I love making and personalizing things I use and am excited to see how fans react to this new 3D printing-powered experience.

Patrick Marr, Sr Director Model Development at Hasbro, added: “The modern consumer demands a personalized approach to products that can be ordered from anywhere and quickly delivered. The scalability of Formlabs 3D printers has made them our ‘go-to’ partner for many product development projects within Hasbro. Thanks to Formlabs, we can take a customized, user-centric approach to product development, deepening the customer connection and strengthening brand loyalty.

Fans attending San Diego Comic-Con (July 21-24) will have the opportunity to preview the Hasbro Selfie Series at Booth #3213, with a select number of fans each day being among the first to create and purchase their figures, shipping Fall 2022.

Creating a Hasbro Selfie Series figure will be through the Hasbro Pulse mobile app (US only). For updates on the Hasbro Selfie Series project and its launch, visit www.hasbropulse.com/selfieseries. Click here for media assets and here for video.

Selfie-Series.jpg

Selfie-Series1.jpg

On 7/13/2022 at 10:09 AM, bashpics99 said:

I'm pretty excited about this! $60 does not seem that unreasonable for a custom figure, i wonder if they offer discounts for a solid case lol

but i feel like they shoulda had an option for a  chunky guy, maybe endgame finale thor or dengar 

Ghostbusters seems like a safe bet for us, well...."Akroydian" types...

It's a damn good idea, and one that's been a long time coming.

I can't help but think back to that episode of of Big Bang Theory when Raj and Howard had action figures made of themselves. If your not familiar with it, please look it up on Youtube ASAP. Looks like these might just be a bit better quality, though. And far less expensive, at that.

I could see getting one for everyone in my family. This hobby has been a part of my life almost as long as my sons have been alive so it could be a fun way to combine two great loves

wonder how long this would be offered. I tend to wait until the kinks are worked out so early issues are fixed before committing...

On 7/13/2022 at 12:25 PM, SpiderS said:

Hmm... It's a cool idea but judging from the pics I doubt it will look any good in actuality, they still barely capture actors' likenesses properly but it will make for a cool present. 

Wonder how easy this will be to surprise someone without them scanning themselves into the app. Could be as easy as uploading a pic  but I could see them over complicating it and requiring a “live scan”..

agree about the suspect actor likeness as well. Not many of us have the Hollywood actor looks so this may be a “close enough “ likeness..

guess we will see..