Daniel Kaluuya Isn't Returning To Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Outsiders

Due to a scheduling conflict with another project, Daniel Kaluuya won’t reprise his Black Panther role in Disney and Marvel’s anticipated sequel Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

Plot details for the sequel haven't been disclosed, but Wakanda Forever will continue to explore the world of Wakanda, in the absence of Chadwick Boseman’s character, while paying tribute to the actor.

Original cast members returning are Danai Gurira, Lupita Nyong’o, Letitia Wright, Martin Freeman, Angela Bassett, and Winston Duke.  The newest addition to the film is Dominique Thorne.

The sequel is scheduled for release on November 11th, 2022.

Source: Deadline

Sounds like Daniel’s “conflict” is realizing this movie will be a cluster$#@& without Black Panther and is jumping ship before the franchise crashes and burns. 

Easiest fix: RECAST T’Challa....

I have to admit that I have never seen Black Panther but I believe that majority of the people who go to see the sequel are going based on two things:

1. People will see the movie based out of respect for Chadwick Boseman.
  2. People will see the movie to see how Marvel has dealt with Boseman's death and how his death affects the character.

On 7/13/2022 at 5:49 PM, Outsiders said:

I have to admit that I have never seen Black Panther but I believe that majority of the people who go to see the sequel are going based on two things:

1. People will see the movie based out of respect for Chadwick Boseman.
  2. People will see the movie to see how Marvel has dealt with Boseman's death and how his death affects the character.

Wisdom would have it that you actually sit down and watch the film before making such a broad and sweeping generalization about what you think people are interested in, lol.  

On 7/13/2022 at 8:38 PM, Air-Walker said:

Wisdom would have it that you actually sit down and watch the film before making such a broad and sweeping generalization about what you think people are interested in, lol.  

How is it a "broad and sweeping generalization on what people are interested in?"  It's my opinion and I do believe people will see the movie out of respect for Boseman and also how Marvel has dealt with Boseman's death and how his death affects the character.  It has been generally said that "Wakanda Forever will continue to explore the world of Wakanda, in the absence of Chadwick Boseman’s character, while paying tribute to the actor."

This is why I said that "I believe..."  It's just my opinion...

On 7/13/2022 at 9:49 PM, Outsiders said:

How is it a "broad and sweeping generalization on what people are interested in?"  It's my opinion and I do believe people will see the movie out of respect for Boseman and also how Marvel has dealt with Boseman's death and how his death affects the character.  It has been generally said that "Wakanda Forever will continue to explore the world of Wakanda, in the absence of Chadwick Boseman’s character, while paying tribute to the actor."

This is why I said that "I believe..."  It's just my opinion...

You haven't seen the movie, therefore all you know about it is based on second hand info. A lot of people all over the globe watched this film, and yet you, who haven't seen it, are breaking down the motivations of such a massive audience down into two simplistic categories (simplistic because you're making another huge assumption that the movie-verse had nothing else to offer...even though you've not seen it). 

So yes, that in my opinion, is a fairly broad and sweeping generalization to make, and all based on second hand info. Just watch the movie, man. It's really good, one of MCU's best. I'm of the camp that feels that T'Challa should be recast, but even so, the first film wasn't all about him; there's still a very interesting world there filled with interesting characters to explore in their own light...but don't take my word for it! 😉

On 7/14/2022 at 7:26 AM, bashpics99 said:

its a little strange that a moderator on a marvel news site has not bothered to watch one of the most well-received and popular marvel movies, despite have 4 years to do so.  Makes one wonder if this moderator skips all mcu movies or just this one in particular, for some reason. But hey, to each his own.

There are a lot of movies I haven't seen but it doesn't mean I can't do a Moderators job.  And not to blow my own horn, but I've been a moderator for almost 20 years and I do a way of lot more than just moderate.

On 7/14/2022 at 6:00 PM, Outsiders said:

According to sources, Daniel Kaluuya exited the project due to conflicts with scheduling on Jordan Peele’s horror Nope.

That makes sense. I don't believe The Upper World has started filming yet, and Nope wrapped filming last Winter, and Wakanda Forever wrapped this past Spring.