Rumor Report - Marvel Legends Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Wave - Minor Spoilers -

JayC

With San Diego Comic Con taking place next week I have a feeling that this is something we will soon be able to move from the rumor column to the confirmed column. While not yet officially confirmed by Hasbro, it should come as no surprise that they will be doing a wave of Black Panther Marvel Legends figures for the upcoming Wakanda Forever movie which opens in theaters on November 11, 2022. While I am not sure of all the figures in the wave, I can tell you it will be a seven figure wave with a Build-A-Figure. The wave will be a mix of comic book based and MCU figures from the new movie.

-Baton Rage (MCU Namor)

-Boston 2

-Columbia 3

-Nashville 4

-Des monie 5

-Good Night 6 (Comic Black Panther)

-Sleeptight 7 (Comic Hatur Zeraze)

The above list is a breakdown of the figures using the code names. Based on info I have seen I have designated the names of the two comic based figures and the one MCU figure I know of should be in the wave. Namor who will be played by actor Tenoch Huerta Mejía we saw concept art leak out for the other week.

While not official in any way, BlainerThings who is a Concept artist/toy designer for another toy company made up this digital mock-up of Namor based on the leaked concept art which might give us an idea of what the Marvel Legends figure might look like. Again this is not anything official and something he did just for fun.

The Build-A-Figure for this wave is completely unknown to me but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't end up being based on the MCU Attuma, which we also saw concept art leak out for the other week.

I've heard rumors there will be a Wakanda Forever trailer shown at SDCC next week and I've seen indications this wave of Wakanda Forever Marvel Legends will be revealed there as well, though again none of that is officially confirmed and could be subject to change.

On 7/16/2022 at 5:42 PM, SpiderS said:

Glad that we are gonna get some comic book based figures and not just the movie stuff. I would love to see an update for classic Namor preferably pinless but we will probably end up with Vintage card repaint Namor using old heads and body. 

Doubt we will get a comic namor in this line. They tend to leave comic versions of the characters appearing in the movie out of the waves 

I’m gonna keep stating ( even though I know my opinion means less than zero to the powers that be at Disney ) but they just need to honor Chadwick in some way then recast the role of T’Challa. And yes I know it’s too late for this movie but without T’Challa, the future of the franchise is shaky. 

Namor showing up in this movie is huge news but with out another A-lister ( Black Panther) to conflict with this goes from a main event bout to the undercard instantly. Nobody cares about Namor vs 2nd or 3rd string Wakandans. 

They need to think about the future and despite their current vote of confidence, there is a reason that T’Challa is so popular and has had a strong presence since the 60s and the rest of the cast are supporting characters.

On 7/16/2022 at 11:47 AM, leokearon said:

Really hope the Comic Panther is the Priest era costume:

Black-Panther-Marvel-Comics-Tchalla-Prie

Excellent idea. Plus this version knocks out his run during the Busiak  / Perez Avengers relaunch. 

I'm still excited to see what we get with the White Wolf, or Hutur Zeraze figure, I've been looking forward to that, also I do hope this is a new classic comic BP on a nicely and appropriately selected buck, like people are saying Priest era would be a welcome addition, I always loved that look, but even if it's just a new Classic costume I'd be happy, despite having some comic BP's on my shelf I will always welcome a better classic version, I am sure though this BAF must be MCU Attuma it seems fitting, and I'm curious how that will look because it might be a nice stand in for the non existent comic version, but I'm currently trying to stray away from Movie figures so whatever is in this wave likely I'm not interested in inless we see a Namorita which might be pretty sweet. 

On 7/18/2022 at 6:55 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'm still excited to see what we get with the White Wolf, or Hutur Zeraze figure, I've been looking forward to that, also I do hope this is a new classic comic BP on a nicely and appropriately selected buck, like people are saying Priest era would be a welcome addition, I always loved that look, but even if it's just a new Classic costume I'd be happy, despite having some comic BP's on my shelf I will always welcome a better classic version, I am sure though this BAF must be MCU Attuma it seems fitting, and I'm curious how that will look because it might be a nice stand in for the non existent comic version, but I'm currently trying to stray away from Movie figures so whatever is in this wave likely I'm not interested in inless we see a Namorita which might be pretty sweet. 

I would immediately pass if it was another classic comic version of the Panther