Ms. Marvel's New Look For The Marvels Revealed? - Spoilers -

JayC

While we just saw Kamala Khan (Iman Vellani) get her first official Ms. Marvel costume at the end of her Disney+ series, it would seem she will already be getting an updated look for next years The Marvels movie which is where the character is next slated to appear. Set photos have leaked out online giving us a look at what appears to be that new look and costume.

Of course if you caught the mid-credit scene shown at the end of episode 6 of Ms. Marvel on Disney+, then you saw Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) also sporting a new look as well.

Whether this is the outfit Danvers will be sporting in the upcoming movie is unknown, though one should also note the interesting bracelets she is wearing in the Ms. Marvel Post-Credit scene. Those are likely some MCU version of the Nega-Bands seen in the comics which would allow one person to switch places with another person who was stuck in the Negative-Zone. Was Captain Marvel hanging out in the Negative Zone? I guess we will have to wait until next year to find out.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:05 AM, JayC said:
.. also note the interesting bracelets she is wearing in the Ms. Marvel Post-Credit scene. Those are likely some MCU version of the Nega-Bands seen in the comics which would allow one person to switch places with another person who was stuck in the Negative-Zone. Was Captain Marvel hanging out in the Negative Zone? I guess we will have to wait until next year to find out.

OH!!!! Carol said something like "oh no no no"
so if she realizes she switched places with a super fan kid that scene makes a lot of sense then!!!

The new costume sucks, one of the best things about this season was her costume in the final episode looked perfect and now they gonna go for another one that is inferior? Nega-Bands and Rick Jones/Mar-vel is the first thing that came to my mind after seeing that after credit and it makes perfect sense since they found the bracelet on the blue arm a kree alien but then we are told she's djin and also a mutant but not inhuman, who unlike mutants are directly connected to kree race, it's pretty confusing development, which is absolutely overcomplicated and unnecessary.

Ms. Marvel's suit and any and all of it's variations is one of the worst costumes in comic book history. And yeah, before anyone feels the need to point it out, I know the designs have some cultural significance. Doesn't change the fact though.

What's really a slap in the face to the X-Men and their fans and comics in general is that this train wreck of a show got to introduce this train wreck of a character as the first mutant in the MCU. The current MCU is a freaking pipe bomb with a lit fuze. It's just a matter of time.

On 7/16/2022 at 4:38 PM, monron999 said:

Ms. Marvel's suit and any and all of it's variations is one of the worst costumes in comic book history. And yeah, before anyone feels the need to point it out, I know the designs have some cultural significance. Doesn't change the fact though.

What's really a slap in the face to the X-Men and their fans and comics in general is that this train wreck of a show got to introduce this train wreck of a character as the first mutant in the MCU. The current MCU is a freaking pipe bomb with a lit fuze. It's just a matter of time.

Good lord, that’s…. a strong stance. I guess I’ll only say that I really enjoyed the show, and honestly thought it was one of the best of an extremely uneven D+ crop. It actually made me really feel for the characters as people, which is something they really struggle with lately, when trying to shove them into the factory, MCU template. 

And as someone who was pretty much solely an XMen fan growing up, I could care less who the first mutant they introduce is. And given that they’re fictional, I doubt they care much either. 

On 7/16/2022 at 5:38 PM, monron999 said:

maybe instead of spewing hate maybe inform yourself and read some comics…. Kamala before she finds out that she is an inhuman thinks she may be a mutant…. it’s literally a red herring and you’re popping off… uninformed and ignorant. What next you gonna be mad that Scarlet Witch has questionable morals? lololol  while this series diverged from her origin likely to meander around carol the finale seems to bring it back full circle to her meet with Carol… who should now help her find out exactly who she is and where her powers come from…

in space… the inhumans… 

On 7/16/2022 at 9:04 PM, ChaosKitten said:

maybe instead of spewing hate maybe inform yourself and read some comics….

Yes.......there it is. I have a problem with something Marvel/Disney does and I'm just just uninformed and ignorant and full of haaaaaate. Typical, hit the low hanging fruit. What else do we have today if not a buncha cut and paste labels for those that don't agree with you? It's cool. You ain't the first, won't be the last. Hey, it's better than the other name I get called for my audacity to speak my mind. It starts with an Ace and ends with a Hole, but there's plenty of time for that. But, I don't know you and I won't do you the disservice of trying to label you based on what you do or don't see eye to eye with me about imaginary people and stories.

Yes, I know Kamala's origins and yes, I know she thought she was ONLY a mutant before she found she was actually their "superior". Let's act like that means something cuz the MCU just follows the comics oh so closely. I did read through most of Marvel's "We hate Mutants cuz Fox won't sell us back the rights to the X-Men" campaign until it literally became unreadable. Then The Diz bought Fox and it all just went away and the Inhumans went back the being Marvel's bullpen for D-List back-up characters. Some really nice cover art though.

This is different though. Not only did they put a huge emphasis on reveal of her "mutation" but the X-Men theme song even rose up in the background. She will be MCU's first mutant. BTW, Marvel has a history of giving these gigs to writers and directors who have no familiarity with the characters and rarely read the comics and from information available it seems like this is no acceptation. Might wanna hit them with that massively epic and cleaver "read a comic" blast. She's a terrible character that survived the terrible ANAD experiment and the sales records and cancellations are statistical affirmations. I'm sure she has her fans, but one of them isn't me. Calling it as I see it doesn't mean I'm just full of raging HATE.

I do have my theory on what will be Marvel's approach to the Mutants vs Inhumans will be. I abstained from putting it out there cuz I'm often accused of taking topics "off topic" but since you asked and since most topics tend to die off after about 5 to 10 comments in anyways these days, what the hell. I'll take the risk.

The Inhumans are obviously still a thing in the MCU, as shown in Doc Strange 2 but their presence will be much smaller. Basically the Inhumans will be the more "pure" ancestral line but mutants will be born out of some sort of accidental activation of their abilities. I'm guessing a dormant Inhuman (possibly Kamala) gets exposed to some form of some attempt at the Super Soldier formula that will have a similar effect to the Terigen Mist causing some sort of genetic offshoot. A massive exposure will eventually cause a mass revealing and while most of the "lower level" mutations will die off, the ones who survive will have great power. The Royal family will remain in observation in Attilan with some sort "wait and see" agenda. Not sure how they'll explain Magneto and Xavier's massive history, but what's the benefit of having time travel and the multiverse if you can't use it to just BS explain your way out of or into anything you want?

Of course, it could always turn out that Mutants are just variants of Inhumans from another universe. But then how were Blackagar Boltagon (Lol, seriously?) and Prof X together in MOM? Multiverse, baby!

They actually did do a much better job with old BB's costume this time around.

On 7/17/2022 at 8:07 AM, monron999 said:

Yes.......there it is. I have a problem with something Marvel/Disney does and I'm just just uninformed and ignorant and full of haaaaaate. Typical, hit the low hanging fruit. What else do we have today if not a buncha cut and paste labels for those that don't agree with you? It's cool. You ain't the first, won't be the last. Hey, it's better than the other name I get called for my audacity to speak my mind. It starts with an Ace and ends with a Hole, but there's plenty of time for that.

Generally speaking, we receive back from others what we put out. I think it’s less a matter of “People don’t like my opinions” and more “ “My responses are so extreme I come off as very angry.”

If I were to tell a friend “I don’t think that haircut is very flattering to you.” I would get a very different reaction than “Your stupid new haircut is incredibly ugly, and it makes you look like an idiot!”  The post about Kamala as a character and her costume reads very much like the latter.