New Marvel Select Beta Ray Bill Figure Revealed?!?

JayC

Images have begun making the social media rounds for what is thought to be a new Beta Ray Bill Marvel Select figure. The original origins of the images are not known nor should this be considered confirmed at this time. If this is legit we will probably see it officially revealed next week during SDCC.

This checks out with the tidbits Zach Oat shared on The Fwoosh forums, with the Thor-related figure that isn't a Thor, and the Disney Store repaint. Gotta say, pretty interesting design choice for Beta Ray Bill, I'd assume they would go with classic Beta Ray Bill instead of his most recent costume. I don't care for it, but it looks fantastic.

On the other hand... that Miles figure... it's not pretty. Even though it's badly posed, its sculpt and proportions don't look good. This is a shame considering DST's Spectacular Spider-Man was on its own level. Cool Spider-Ham statuette though.

Selfishly, I hope this is not really a Marvel Select figure. Same way I felt when I heard about the Destroyer MS figure. I would really like Legends to take a stab at these characters. But they seem to wait years after a character is released as a MS before making it into a Legend... not to compete for consumer dollars at the same time I suppose. And the previous Legends Beta Ray Bill was ways too small in size and wore that completely uninspired costume. I would prefer his original or this current one which is a take-off on it.

Well interesting to see Beta Ray in that Costume, he does look pretty awesome here, and the spinning hammer effect piece is a real winning aspect, I gotta say I dig it, I probably wouldn't buy it though, despite it not being my favorite costume the Marvel Legends is fine to me, As for the other figures shown here, Gotta say that's a hideous Miles, the proportions look really off and wonky, almost like a kid oriented figure that someone thought they could pass off as a collectors figure, the little Spider-Ham is alright, but it's not even better then the lackluster Legend we got of him, as for that Black Panther....it's doing to much leaning in on the whole comic shading, not quite right, I'm still waiting for some real photos of the Select Apocalypse.