Iron Spider Red Color Mismatch

MonsterChris

Hey, all.  I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the reports that the upcoming Iron Spider has a two-tone red color scheme.  Here's a link to a review if you haven't heard this one yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev-A97l1zDg.

I'm certainly going to cancel my preorder if this is actually the case.  I'm just having a difficult time believing Hasbro would actually try to pass this off on a $35 figure.  But then I think, "yeah, they've done things this horrible in the past".  I'm looking around for some kind of confirming or conflicting reports, but don't see anything yet.  What do you think we should expect?

On 7/19/2022 at 3:43 PM, MonsterChris said:

No, it's a big deal.

how is it a big deal? go back to the original D Amazing video and you will see that the colors were the same as this. They are using different plastic for the limbs and the torso, thus cause they color differences. It's not really that much of difference anyway.

It's a big deal.

I dunno what your screen settings are but the mismatch looks very noticeable it couldn't more different, if it's fine for you then good for you but it doesn't mean that all the people who are complaining about the figure being mismatching are not valid and are making much ado about nothing. It's a very disappointing mistake and with a price hike all the fans have all the right to be angry about this "deluxe" figure.

spacer.png

Yeah if this is an isolated incident I'd be surprised likely this is what the figure looks like, which is a bait and switch, because the promo shots of this figure made it look much different, this looks like a cut corners figure, not matching the plastic/paints, if this was how they showed us the figure in the first place then fine, because people could have made a decision then, but what's the worst and feels the worst about it is, 1 windowless box and 2 how much they are charging for a figure that doesn't have any reason to be so expensive in the first place, but now being an already priced gouged item, to being not even the item people thought it was.

I am sad about this, all of the promo images we saw for this figure it looked beautiful, almost import good, this video shows a real catfish, looks like a knock off of the figure we thought we were getting.

I guess now we know what the real reason behind the windowless boxing is.

In all seriousness though, I did hear about this a while back and this review makes it look so much worse than I thought. I bought one to open and a 2nd for MIB but now that these boxes are basically killing the MIB market I might as well open up both and give at least one of them a custom paint job.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Hasbro has never been so much about sweating the dirty details and this seems like nothing is ever gonna change. They are essentially different forms of the same plastic so the fact that they don't hold color the same makes sense, but this looks like two totally different colors.

When it comes to Hasbro the only thing that's ever surprising anymore is when they actually get it right.

Yeah sorry if this is okay with people, then so be it, but here in Canada this figure is being sold MSRP 47.99

this is not okay, to ask people to pay an ultra premium price for a figure that is already not worth even close to 47.99, and to instead give us a inferior product.

spacer.pngspacer.png

the one we are getting vs the one we thought we were..sorry not okay

On 7/19/2022 at 3:08 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

what's the worst and feels the worst about it is, 1 windowless box and 2 how much they are charging for a figure that doesn't have any reason to be so expensive in the first place

Yeah, I couldn't even come close to justifying $34.  I only preordered him when he was $23 during that Target sale a few days ago.  I was able to switch several Pulse preorders to Target so saved some bucks and get free shipping.

On 7/19/2022 at 3:11 PM, monron999 said:

They are essentially different forms of the same plastic so the fact that they don't hold color the same makes sense, but this looks like two totally different colors.

Yeah, that's clearly the reason but I've seen some people throw it out there like I'm just supposed to say, "Oh, sorry.  I had no idea.  Carry on, then."  No, to Hasbro and the apologists I would respond:

81VIOhkZn6L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.865c3a2664905dce744e389be1ffbbac.jpg

Maybe it's the detail-obsessed artist in me, but I kept getting disctracted by the reviewer's chipped nail polish; (At least make the polish look sublime for the camera, lol!)

Any how, I agree that this isn't good; I remember the Daredevil from the Amazon Defenders multipack had this issue (and the reason I sold it). Hopefully it's just an early sample, because yes, in Canada these are not cheap!

On 7/19/2022 at 3:32 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah sorry if this is okay with people, then so be it, but here in Canada this figure is being sold MSRP 47.99

this is not okay, to ask people to pay an ultra premium price for a figure that is already not worth even close to 47.99, and to instead give us a inferior product.

spacer.pngspacer.png

the one we are getting vs the one we thought we were..sorry not okay

I was ready to blow this off as as a close enough, it won’t bother , the next in a long line of figures that Hasbro doesn’t quite get right.

then.. that comparison pic.. such a let down!! I honestly can’t believe the difference,..will be canceling my order if these prove to be the norm

On 7/19/2022 at 4:45 PM, McHogan said:

I was ready to blow this off as as a close enough, it won’t bother , the next in a long line of figures that Hasbro doesn’t quite get right.

then.. that comparison pic.. such a let down!! I honestly can’t believe the difference,..will be canceling my order if these prove to be the norm

I'm really hoping this is not indicative of the final release.  Those promo pics are a seriously nice-looking figure.  But the silence from Hasbro is deafening.  I'm sure marketing is seeing the scuttlebutt.  I feel like if they had something to say that would allay fears (and order cancellations) they would say it.

On 7/20/2022 at 11:18 AM, tarot said:

Yeah this person's figure is certainly looking way better, so that's good news, buttt which one is going to be the one we see the most of, the icky colors or the okay color?

On 7/20/2022 at 3:48 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah this person's figure is certainly looking way better, so that's good news, buttt which one is going to be the one we see the most of, the icky colors or the okay color?

Yeah, I can definitely live with this version.  Much improved.  Curious to see how this shakes out.