Walmart Exclusive Marvel Legends Spider-Man Animated Series Retro Cardback Spider-Man Up For Pre-Order In Canada

JayC

I saw both Spidey and Lizard in stores twice. The first time I picked them up on a whim and absolutely love the Lizard. A beautiful classic figure. I swear Hasbro should devote a subline to ONLY 60s, 70s and 80s characters in their classic suits. I'd buy them all (ok hyperbole, but it would be amazing). The animated Spidey was blehhhh and I sold him off. My initial reaction that Hasbro cannot do cell shading was correct and I haven't regretted getting rid of it despite the apparent value he is getting on the secondary market.

The 2nd time I saw the two the cards were absolutely wrecked. I considered grabbing the Lizard again to trade but decided to not in the end.

I too like it when former Exclusive figures show up at BBTS.. though it may cost a few bucks more, a surprise 2nd chance at a figure you missed is a nice surprise

Funny story - when Cartoon Spider-Man first came available at Walmart online I didn’t get my order in before he sold out. 

I didn’t really love the look of the figure, but wanted to get him as another Spiderverse version to add to my collection. When I couldn’t purchase him, I thought “This isn’t really fun anymore” and I stopped buying every version of Spider-Man after that. 

It’s funny, I saw this article and thought “nope, don’t even care” even though it was still in stock at BBTS.

Something similar happened with Boba Fett vintage collection figures and Target. After one too many sold-outs, I just said “not fun anymore” and stopped buying them.

I am happy that there are ways to get a second chance at some exclusives. I still hold out hope that someday someway, Hasbro will rerelease the Transformers Siege Skywarp.