SDCC 2022 - Hasbro Gives A Teaser For Tomorrow's Marvel Legends Panel - What Could I Mean?

JayC

I'm most excited for a wave containing all of Agony, Riot, Human Fly and Razorback! Wow! Beyond that, my favorite is probably the Hatur Zeraze figure. I'm sure that I'll pick up some of the others, but aren't super excited about them.

The beast is a huge disappointment. Wanted the grey head painted blue .. such a kick to the nards.. and soft goods lab coat. Boo. Those never look right.

Sentry is cool, and a needed update but Walgreens is disappointing too. 

Don’t need another tesseract but that Loki looks fun. The rest of the Loki figures..blah.. old boring actor as old boring Loki?!? 

So far, not very excited for any reveals.

This What If ? Stuff is junk.. that Howard is a joke too.. another mostly static stature they will try to pass off for the same cost as figures with articulation?!? 

Cant believe they would still pull this kind of crap

On 7/22/2022 at 6:05 PM, McHogan said:

This What If ? Stuff is junk.. that Howard is a joke too.. another mostly static stature they will try to pass off for the same cost as figures with articulation?!? 

Does kinda suck it doesnt look like he has any leg articulation.

Pretty good reveals today, some stuff I expected and others I definitely didn't. Disney+ wave 4 looking good so far, Howard will probably go in the GOTG or Endgame display unless he's just too cartoony, the Scott head will go in Zombie Hunter Spidey's arms in the What If display lol. The Loki figures are a big but welcome surprise, I really hope we finish off the Loki variants eventually, we still need Kid Loki, Boastful Loki and President Loki, then that should be mostly it for season 1 figures, maybe also a Rayvonna and Hunter B-15. Very excited about that Tesseract set too, I missed the original Tesseract and I've wanted that look for Loki for a while, though I would have preferred him on the Mobius body.

VERY stoked to see the Spider-Man wave partially revealed, Agony and Riot are well worth the wait and even though I don't know Human Fly or Razorback very well, always good to add to the Spider-Man shelf. Scorpion looks as good as I had hoped he would, definitely getting 2 of him for the retro card. The Amazing Friends box set is cool, but not something I really need, especially not for the $75-90 it'll likely go for. 

On 7/22/2022 at 11:05 PM, McHogan said:

Howard was probably thrown in to push the She-Hulk back since the set would be out before her series.

On 7/22/2022 at 3:13 PM, JayC said:

Does kinda suck it doesnt look like he has any leg articulation.

Yeah, it would have been cooler if it had leg articulation, but it is a hundred times better than the one that came with Silver Surfer back in the Toybiz days (which didn't have leg articulation either, and didn't stand very well), and this one has a few more points of articulation, so I am still happy.  And Sentry and Scorpion - WOW! Such great improvements. I like Beast's upgrades too, and I was very surprised to see the Heralds two pack. All in all quite happy with the reveals. Thanks for the pics, JayC!

On 7/22/2022 at 6:56 PM, natron said:

i hope it's a good ghost rider related haslab reveal.

On 7/22/2022 at 6:54 PM, Bluecomet said:

I got lucky on my guess for the haslab?

Screenshot_20220723-084853_Samsung Internet.jpg

That was a good guess. I would never have thought they would do something for Ghost Rider. I hope it Dan Ketch with his bike decked out in lights and all. But prob be the car.

There were a lot more reveals than I expected there to be. Razorback is quite the surprise. His headgear looks really well done. Sentry isn't a character I feel strongly about but that is a nicely done figure. He's quite a step-up from the Wal-Mart exclusive wave back in the day. I'll probably get him. Howard the Duck is a must have. I'm also really looking forward to finding out what the Haslab Ghost Rider thing is. My fingers are crossed for a motorcycle with actual mini-propane tanks that spew real flame.

Okay. I finished up my site updates so now I can talk about my reactions.

• Howard the Duck and Ant-man - wasn't expecting that but it is a huge improvement over Toybiz one and is close enough to the comics to be used. as for ant-man, funny but eh. It's a head in a jar. 
  • Classic Loki and HWR - Nice start to the fourth wave (which I'm assuming will have She-Hulk as well). HWR will be my Immortus until we get a proper one.
  • Loki - no interest.
  • Classic Black Panther - Nice upgrade. I would comment about the gloves and boat being too bright but, in that costume, they were like that.
  • Hatut Zeraze - THIS IS NOT WHITE WOLF!! just had to say that because people keep saying that. This is a nice Army builder. 
  • Sentry - Not too excited about this. I know he is technically a Villain as well as a Hero but if your theme is villains, make a true villain. It's a huge improvement over the previous one though, but given that one was one the Hyperion build, anything would be an improvement.
  • All the Spider-man wave Stuff - Easily the most exciting reveals of today. Human Fly and Razorback!!! Let me say that again Human Fly and Razorback!!! I always love it when Hasbro makes obscure characters.  Agony and Riot would have been made anyway but those two stole the show for me. As for the Symbiotes, nice to complete that team. I'm guessing this wave was slapped together because they had to hold but the Spider-verse wave. I'm going to assume that the rest will be Spider-men and some ally character.
  • Terrax and Fallen - Didn't think they would just re-release the BAF without changing the legs but then again this is Hasbro. The Fallen is unexpect but an absolute must. Air-Walker on the retro card next please.
  • Amazing Friend - Meh. i get it but not for me. (He says when he decided to get every spider-man)
  • Scorpion and Beast - Not so excited about these but will get because of the paint and new heads.