SDCC 2022 - Hasbro Gives A Teaser For Tomorrow's Marvel Legends Panel - What Could I Mean?

JayC

The updated official images of Beast look like they greatly improved the color blue, and paint apps. Damn excited about this one! And can anyone tell which buck they used for Sentry? It looks fantastic, but I can't place it. Mix and match parts, or new? The shoulders look like Grim Reaper's shoulders, but this on is is just really throwing me.

Here is the final take away from all of this (using Tarot template, thanks)

• Howard the Duck and Ant-man - I love it, it's not a comic Howard but it fits enough, I have high doubts now with this being released we will see a comic Howard any time soon, and one of my fav characters getting plastic form, I;m in
  • Loki - non of the Loki items are going to be a purchase for me
  • Classic Black Panther - sweet and fun update, I will get this, I have comic BP's but this one is a winner
  • Hatut Zeraze - I get this is not exactly white wolf, I know I called it that, whatever I want this.
  • Sentry - Sentry is a cool improvement but I wont be updating, Sentry isn't a big thing for me I'm fine with what I got.
  • Spider-Man characters - Agony & Riot !!!! yes finally , My most wanted, finally get to complete that roster, but Riot is too blue, should be more gray, as for Human Fly and Razorback YES! What the, I honestly am shocked they didn't give us Swarm and Willow The Wisp...or Trantula they went weirder, I want em
  • Terrax and Fallen - Yes need this awesome
  • Amazing Friend - Nope I Already have them. Why didn't this happen years ago?
  • Scorpion and Beast - No easy pass, I;m fine with what I have.

• What If...Howard The Duck and Scott Lang - Looks like another Monster Venom Spider-Ham here, maybe reduced.
  • From Loki Series Classic Loki, He Who Remains. - Both look good, not sure if they are essential though
  • Tesseract and Loki figure. - Don't care.
  • Comic Black Panther - Easy pass, I want my Panther to have some gold on it.
  • Comic Hatur Zeraze. Looks nice but nothing I'm really excited about.
  • Sentry - Have a Sentry don't need another one.
  • Spider-Man wave Human Fly, Razorback, Agony, Riot - Well we complete the Life Foundation Symbiotes which is good (if only I had Scream), Razorback would fit into my MisFits team, not interested in The Human Fly. Now Where's the Looter?
  • Spider-Man Retro Cardback Line Scorpion - Looks really good and I do need a Scorpion so this would be a must get.
  • X-Men Retro Cardback Blue Beast - What we should have gotten the first time, except they screwed up the friendly face, so easy pass.
  • Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends 3-Pack  - Have all three, so easy pass.
  • Herald Of Galactus - I would have preferred Terrax and Airwalker
  • Haslab Ghost Rider - Obviously going to be Robbie and the Hellcharger 

On 7/23/2022 at 11:40 AM, Atlantis said:

I've never cared for Sentry at all, but I am surprised they're not using a more modern pinless buck for him. He's supposed to be 6'? Then they should've put him on the new Vulcan model. 

The Capwolf body is actually pretty buff for him. 

Razorback was my favorite reveal ha. He was my baf pick in this year’s top 10 selection so while he isn’t a build, I am ecstatic to see him nonetheless.
The Human Fly was low on the list of my desired Spider-Man rogues but glad to be getting him either way. Always happy adding the classic baddies to the Spidey display.

Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends contains the only Spider-Man figure I’ll be wanting out of all these unreleased figures of him we’ve seen so far. Do not care for this puny Iceman or Firestar.
And Comic Black Panther is looking pretty dope on the Vulcan mold. I’ll be after that one for sure.

Not much interest in anything else but all in all, good show 🤷‍♂️.

Doing my final look at everything(besides MCU ones since I put all of mine in storage in my closet) thanks to everyone for the template 

Classic Black Panther - I have the retro one so I am not sure how much I need this one, looks good though

Hatut Zeraze - Never heard of these guys so no interest 

Sentry - I have an Iron Patriot, might pick this up to start a Dark Avengers set up not sure

Spider-Man Wave - Agony & Riot, nice to complete the team but I'd also like to get an Overdrive to complete the Superior Foes finally. Human Fly & Razorback, I love deep cuts like this Spider-Man figures are the main ones I collect 

Terrax and Fallen - More Heralds are always a plus for me, I wonder if they would have made this if Galactus didn't get funded

Amazing Friend - Nah

Scorpion and Beast - Scorpion, ehhhhh I'm not sure I missed the Molten Man Baf one but he's got more classic comic colors. Beast I missed him so easy pick up

• Howard the Duck and Ant-man - very disappointed by Howard's lack of artic.  Ant-man doesn't do much for me. maybe pick up during a sale
  • Loki - the classic Loki is fun but not really necessary for my collection.  maybe pick up during a sale. no interest in the tesseract loki.  Kang looks cool but I'll pass until we see more of the character
  • Classic Black Panther - my favorite reveal. definitely will get
  • Hatut Zeraze - i dunno. wish they had made white tiger instead.
  • Sentry - never cared for the character, easy pass. mixed feelings - wish it had been a better "villain" but glad to skip Walgreens
  • Spider-Man characters - Skipping the symbiote characters.  Razorback and Human Fly are fun but awfully D-list, maybe pick up during sale
  • Terrax and Fallen - Have Terrax, don't need Fallen. depending on price it could be a nice set for those who want both characters
  • Amazing Friend - I still need an Iceman but don't need the other two. Wish this iceman had green eyes like the cartoon
  • Scorpion and Beast - I'd  be way more into this beast if he came with a smiling head, i don't think i really need the lab coat and beakers. Scorpion looks very cool but i'm used to the more classic look we got already so maybe pick up during a sale.

Overall not very exciting but then i have a big collection so there aren't that many characters i want, especially since i'm just not as into the D+ figures for the most part and even with the movies its pretty much case by case. My main focus is 60s-early 80s comic but some of the offerings are just a bit too obscure even for me when we're talking $25 a pop. But there are characters i would shell out that much for so its not like i'm calling it quits either.

• Howard the Duck and Ant-man - It'll be nice to have a Howard the Duck, but I'd rather he was a pack-in himself since he doesn't seem to have much, if any, articulation.  Will buy, maybe pre-order.
  • Classic Loki and HWR - Pass, didn't like the Loki series all that much, despite wanting to.  
  • Loki and tesseract- Pass, don't need TVA Loki, don't have room for a tesseract.  
  • Classic Black Panther - Looks great, but I want to see more of it first, since the other classic BP still looks great to me.  Might get it on sale. 
  • Hatut Zeraze - Skipping, cool figure, glad to see some comic love for BP, but don't need a character or army builder like this for my collection.
  • Sentry - Unlike most, I don't hate the Hyperion mold, and still understand the many grievances with it.  This Sentry looks good, but me grabbing it will depend on whether or not this is an easy Walgreens' exclusive, and when it drops.  I'm fine with the previous Sentry and will pass on this one if it drops around some of the upcoming releases for Spider-Man.  
  • Riot- Love Spider-Man, love symbiotes, and I'm ecstatic to finally get this team finished.  My only disappointment is that they went with the Monster Venom buck.  Yes, Riot is a large character, but I'd think either Hyperion, or preferably the Omega Red buck would have given us the size we needed without forcing everyone to buy a BAF to get Riot.  Since he'll likely be a Spidey wave BAF, I'm not too disappointed in this turn of events.       
  • Agony- Best reveal, since Riot was a BAF.  I can't wait to have all the Life Foundation Symbiotes assembled together, and being a single release is excellent.  Kind of hoping to see Hybrid and a few other obscure symbiotes now that we've made it this far.  
  • Razorback and Human Fly- I love when they do obscure villains, so I'm in.  Surprised that they went with such deep cuts though.  
  • Terrax and Fallen One- Really wish this wasn't a two pack.  Don't need a re-released Terrax, don't want one, but I'm all about the Giffen/Abnett/Lanning era of cosmic Marvel, so Fallen One will make this an instant purchase.  Hopefully Stardust, Red Shift, and Air Walker are on the way too.  
  • Amazing Friends - Really, really disappointing.  New Firestar isn't enough of an improvement on the old one to justify buying this one, new Spidey doesn't seem right on that Amazing Fantasy mold, and Iceman is another swing and miss, for a character that shouldn't be this difficult, Hasbro keeps messing him up.  
  • Scorpion and Beast - Far from excited here, but the calm Beast head alone is worth the price of admission compared to what I'd pay a customizer to create one for me.  Scorpion has me completely divided though, since I love the color scheme from the animated series, and the tail is excellent like last time, but that body is so small and scrawny for Gargan, I can't believe they're still using that one.  Probably will get him, and hope the paint job is enough to justify the purchase.  

Overall, there's some fun stuff here, but a lot of disappointing choices and clear misses on Hasbro's part.  At $25 a piece, they've got to do better.

Hasbro Marvel Legends Pre-orders are POWERING there way into our living rooms and wallets!

Marvel Legends Series Collection: Marvel's Beast, Marvel's Scorpion and Marvel Legends Series Tesseract featuring Loki are up for pre-order at our sponsors BigBadToyStore and Entertainment Earth!

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends 3-pack and Heralds of Galactus 2-pack are the Pulse exclusives.

HASBRO MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES MARVEL’S BEAST
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $33.99/Available: Fall 2022)
Celebrate the MARVEL UNIVERSE with this MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES MARVEL’S BEAST figure. Inspired by the comics, this Marvel’s Beast figure features the X-Man’s classic blue-furred deco, right down to his peaked hair and pointed ears. This quality 6-inch scale figure is highly posable for display and play and comes with a host of science equipment accessories. Includes figure and 5 accessories. With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel Comic Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections.

HASBRO MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES MARVEL’S SCORPION
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99/Available: Fall 2022)
Celebrate the MARVEL UNIVERSE with this MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES MARVEL’S SCORPION figure. Inspired by the comics, this Marvel’s Scorpion figure features the Scorpion’s classic deco from his appearances throughout the comics. This quality 6-inch scale figure is highly posable for display and play – a great addition to any Marvel collection. Includes figure and 5 accessories. With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel Comic Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections.

HASBRO MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES TESSERACT ELECTRONIC ROLE PLAY ACCESSORY
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $66.99/Available: Fall 2022)
Celebrate the MARVEL UNIVERSE with this TESSERACT ELECTRONIC ROLE PLAY ACCESSORY. This Marvel Legends Premium roleplay Tesseract is 1:1 full scale, inspired by the iconic Marvel item’s appearance in Marvel Studios’ Loki series on Disney Plus! The Tesseract includes a 6-inch-scale Loki action figure with premium deco and articulation -- plus a series-inspired dagger accessory with flame attachment.
With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel Comic Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections.

The Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends 3-pack featuring Spider-Man, Iceman and Marvel's Firestar & Ms. Lion

Using their fantastic powers, Spider-Man teams up with fellow heroes and former X-Men Iceman and Marvel’s Firestar to battle the world’s most dastardly villains from their secret crime-fighting lab.

These collectible 6-inch-scale Marvel Legends action figures are detailed to look like the Spider-Man, Iceman, Marvel’s Firestar and Ms. Lion characters from the classic 1980s Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends animated cartoon featuring premium deco and multiple points of articulation

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends action figures, fan favorite Marvel Comic Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors. Additional Marvel action figures each sold separately. (Subject to availability.)

Includes: 3 Figures and 13 accessories

“SPIDER-FRIENDS”: Using their fantastic powers, Spider-Man teams up with fellow heroes and former X-Men Iceman and Marvel’s Firestar to battle the world’s most dastardly villains from their secret crime-fighting lab
SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS: These Spider-Man, Iceman, Marvel’s Firestar and Ms. Lion Marvel Legends action figures are inspired by the 1980s cartoon and make a great addition to any collection
CARTOON-INSPIRED ACCESSORIES: This collectible Marvel action figure set comes with 12 cartoon-inspired accessories including alternate hands for web-slinging, Ms. Lion, and alternate head for Marvel’s Firestar
PREMIUM DESIGN IN 6-INCH SCALE: Marvel fans and collectors can display these fully articulated 6-inch action figures featuring poseable head, arms, and legs, as well as cartoon-authentic deco, in their collection
RETRO-INSPIRED PACKAGING: Fans and collectors can enjoy the retro packaging design of this Hasbro Marvel Legends series set inspired by the title sequence of the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends cartoon

Heralds of Galactus 2-pack featuring Marvel's Fallen One and Terrax

Long before selecting the Silver Surfer as herald, Galactus’ first herald was the Fallen One; recruited or created under unknown circumstances, his true name was forgotten over the millennia.

Terrax’s rule of Lanlak came to an end when he was sought by the world-devouring Galactus to serve as his newest herald.

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel Comic Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired product for Marvel fans and collectors. Additional figures each sold separately. Subject to availability.

Includes: 2 figures and 5 accessories

MARVEL LEGENDS MULTIPACK: The Marvel Legends Series Heralds of Galactus action figure multipack features Marvel’s Fallen One and Terrax 6-inch-scale toys
INSPIRED BY MARVEL COMICS: The 6-inch scale Heralds of Galactus figure 2-pack features sculpting and deco inspired by the Marvel comics
PREMIUM ARTICULATION: The Marvel Legends Heralds of Galactus multipack figures feature extensive articulation for comics-inspired posing in play or display
COMICS-INSPIRED ACCESSORIES: This Marvel Legends Heralds of Galactus action figure pack includes 4 premium accessories for Marvel action and adventure
MARVEL UNIVERSE IN 6-INCH SCALE: Look for more Marvel Legends action figures inspired by the classic comics (Additional figures each sold separately. Subject to availability)

Beast1.jpg

Beast2.jpg

Beast3.jpg

Beast5.jpg

Beast6.jpg

Beast7.jpg

Beast8.jpg

Beast9.jpg

Beast10.jpg

Beast11.jpg

Heralds1.jpg

Heralds2.jpg

Heralds3.jpg

Heralds4.jpg

Heralds5.jpg

Heralds6.jpg

Heralds7.jpg

Heralds8.jpg

Heralds9.jpg

Heralds10.jpg

Heralds11.jpg

Heralds12.jpg

Scorpion1.jpg

Scorpion2.jpg

Scorpion3.jpg

Scorpion4.jpg

Scorpion5.jpg

Scorpion6.jpg

Scorpion7.jpg

Spidey.Friends1.jpg

Spidey.Friends2.jpg

Spidey.Friends3.jpg

Spidey.Friends4.jpg

Spidey.Friends5.jpg

Spidey.Friends6.jpg

Spidey.Friends7.jpg

Spidey.Friends8.jpg

Spidey.Friends9.jpg

Spidey.Friends10.jpg

Spidey.Friends11.jpg

Spidey.Friends12.jpg

Spidey.Friends13.jpg

Spidey.Friends14.jpg

Spidey.Friends15.jpg

Tesseract.Loki1.jpg

Tesseract.Loki2.jpg

Tesseract.Loki3.jpg

Tesseract.Loki4.jpg

Tesseract.Loki5.jpg

Tesseract.Loki6.jpg

Tesseract.Loki7.jpg

Tesseract.Loki8.jpg

Tesseract.Loki9.jpg

On 7/23/2022 at 3:16 PM, tarot said:

what's wrong with it? it's not a comic book figure. it's a cell shaded animated version. 

The head doesn't look anything like Ice Man, and is way too big for the scrawny body they have it on. It doesn't resemble the animated version its supposedly based on.

Seeing some more of these pictures, I got new feelings on say Beast, I actually like that new head quite a bit, would it be the reason to buy a new Beast, likely no, but if I saw the beast say on sale, sure, That new scorpion is rough looking with the different green tones on the abdomen area and upper thighs, why is that happening? it looks awful, good thing I don't want it anyways. they had the same weird issue with the first version, but this one looks worse, these figures cost to much for that to be a thing, it's offending my eyes. The amazing friends pack Ice-Man is looking way off, nothing like how he should for the animated likeness and that head sculpt needs to go away, it's badly portioned to the scrawny buck they are using, this figure looks like something from 2006, the buck that they used for the Retro figure was way superior (it was Sunfire I believe), or is it the same this one just looks way too pinched at the torso, but I think it's the pizza spidey, I really don't like it (also offending my eyes), not even sure if anything is new about Firestar?, are her faces more refined? and Ms. Lion is a different color? I do really want Terrax since I never got him, but is her actually still rocking the Ball Joints? I can't tell but I think he is..which makes me sad they couldn't give him some updates on the legs, Fallen One looks awesome even though he's simple, that hair is awesome.

On 7/23/2022 at 8:59 AM, JayC said:

That was a good guess. I would never have thought they would do something for Ghost Rider. I hope it Dan Ketch with his bike decked out in lights and all. But prob be the car.

Hopefully the Dan Ketch and his bike would be a stretch goal, his bike was so iconic in the 90s, it's the Ghost Rider I remember....probably we would get a Mephisto as a 3rd stretch goal? probably the 1st/2nd stretch goal would be added accessories to the car, just like what they did in the G.I. Joe Classified Series Cobra H.I.S.S.

On 7/23/2022 at 10:20 PM, NotNamed said:

Is Terrax a straight up slight repaint of the 2012 figure?

I’m a bit bummed by this. I would’ve happily paid whatever price they asked for (probably) if it were a new figure or even had upgrades but forking out 30+ for the same old thing from 2012? Nah, I’m good.