SDCC 2022 - Hasbro Gives A Teaser For Tomorrow's Marvel Legends Panel - What Could I Mean?

JayC

On 7/25/2022 at 11:17 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

and any thoughts on that gun that Dwight teased at the end of Q&A? Mentioned that it was from an unknown wave.
81CEF2A5-0530-4573-B984-DD5E1B5C66D1.thumb.jpeg.da525302fe99531a812e3e0022d00567.jpeg

I have been looking at that gun for ages and the only thing I can think of is Trapster. 

http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/images/characters/trapster.jpg

On 7/25/2022 at 6:20 PM, tarot said:

I have been looking at that gun for ages and the only thing I can think of is Trapster. 

http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/images/characters/trapster.jpg

someone else said it is a ringer for the gun used by the Orb, who as a Ghost Rider villain would make sense as an upcoming figure.

Also if Orb is in the same wave as Razorback and Human Fly then maybe they are just doing a "villains with crazy heads" wave

On 7/26/2022 at 12:15 AM, bashpics99 said:

someone else said it is a ringer for the gun used by the Orb, who as a Ghost Rider villain would make sense as an upcoming figure.

Also if Orb is in the same wave as Razorback and Human Fly then maybe they are just doing a "villains with crazy heads" wave

He could be on the vintage Ghost Rider package that could release in time for that Haslab project, like the Heralds for Galactus

That gun certainly looks like a bunch of characters gun's I at first thought Orb seemed likely, orb has a few guns similar, but a lot of Orbs guns have like a little eye in the barrel and are more rounded, this seems like it's muzzle is flat, but if it is Orb's gun they may have some circle piece that goes in side, Chemistro's gun seems likely as well, as someone pointed out. really I just don't know.

but hey if that is Orb's gun, I'm going to be a happy happy collector, if it's Chemistro's I'll be less excited but also quite stoked.

Hasbro has sent the new Marvel Legend X-Men Retro Cardback Beast With Lab Coat figure to Dan Who? Reviews in order to give us a first in-hand look at it. The figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Entertainment Earth.

Check out images below in our GALLERY and let us know your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Beast-01.jpg

Beast-02.jpg

Beast-03.jpg

Beast-04.jpg

Beast-05.jpg

Beast-06.jpg

Beast-07.jpg

Beast-08.jpg

Beast-09.jpg

Beast-10.jpg

On 7/23/2022 at 7:20 PM, NotNamed said:

Is Terrax a straight up slight repaint of the 2012 figure?

Same figure. Same stunted single elbow arms, same unpainted axe. If there's any repaint at all, I can't tell from these pictures and the difference is too small to matter. I shouldn't be stunned at the nerve here, to dig out a 10- year old figure and sell it at a jacked-up price. 

Now if you missed the BAF from a decade ago and don't want to spend ebay prices for one, this could work out, since they're throwing in another figure.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Though the face sculpt is still a little jankie, this is the better version of Firestar as it's on the superior, if not a bit tiresome Shriek mold. Wish I'd known they were gonna do this one before I bought the previous version on the wonky Kate Bishop mold. Lesson learned, guess I'll just see how much it's going for on Ebay.

I get such a kick out of Firestar because on one hand she's Megan Markle, and on the other she's Maggie Gyllenhaal, lol. That Spidey is indeed very tempting, but why does Iceman look like an alien? That's about one of the oddest face sculpts they've made, man! Still, it's hard not to see this set and suddenly get the awesome 80s synth theme music in my head; Some of my best memories! 

On 12/18/2022 at 4:17 PM, Air-Walker said:

".... but why does Iceman look like an alien? That's about one of the oddest face sculpts they've made, man! "

Sheer baffling laziness, the way they did this set. Not at all hard to get right and yet somehow they yanked defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'd wait for the remake.