Marvel Legends 2022 Haslab Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

Today Hasbro is holding a live-stream to announce their 2022 Marvel Legends Haslab campaign.

The panel begins.

Has to do with Ghost Rider showing Launch Video. Its Robie Reyes and his car.

Robbie Reyes has pin-less joints.

The car has multiple stages of lights. The headrest has a led light so when the figure sits in the car the head lights up on the figure.

The cost is $349.99 and will require a minimum 9k backers by October 31, 2022. The campaign is live now.

There will be stretch goals but they aren't saying how many or what the goals actually are.

When the moon rises, and evil prowls the street, a vengeful spirit awakens. Crackling with Hellfire and consumed by a dark power, no nemesis can withstand the wrath of… The GHOST RIDER!

Marvel Legends is celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Ghost Rider franchise with a new type of HasLab project: Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider and the Engine of Vengeance!

50 years ago, the supernatural super hero first rode off the pages of Marvel Comics and into the realm of Marvel legend. From Carter Slade to Johnny Blaze to Danny Ketch to Robbie Reyes, many names have taken on the Ghost Rider mantle, fueled by vengeance and a sick ride. The next Marvel Legends HasLab project will bring another Ghost Rider to life like never before, starring a vehicle unlike any on your shelf. With Hasbro Pulse, fans can bring the Spirit of Vengeance into our realm -- and it won't even cost you your soul!

-Engine of Vengeance vehicle inspired by the supernatural muscle car in Marvel Comics All-New Ghost Rider (2014)
-Premium 1:12 scale car design measuring approximately 18.5 inches long, 7.5 inches wide, and 5.5 inches tall
-Vehicle fully equipped with 20 LEDs for scorching Hellfire light-up effects in tires, engine, grill, tailpipes, and driver's seat headrest (requires 3 AA batteries, not included)
-6 flame trail effect pieces for tires and tailpipes
-2 Brimstone Risers for dynamic car display
-4 interchangeable tires and 1 additional engine to convert Engine of Vengeance from Hellfire Mode to Street Mode
-Exclusive Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider 6-inch scale figure with comic-inspired accessories, including real metal chain

This crowdfunded project will run from September 16, 2022, to 11:59pm ET on October 31, 2022.

If successful, the project will begin shipping around Fall 2023.

*Early-Bird Special Offering: Robbie Reyes Human-Form Figure:

If the HasLab Marvel Legends Engine of Vengeance campaign reaches its minimum goal of 9,000 backers before 11:59 PM ET on September 23, 2022, all project backers before the campaign ends on October 31, 2022 will receive the exclusive Marvel Legends Robbie Reyes Human-Form 6-Inch scale figure.

If the campaign does not reach its minimum goal of 9,000 backers before 11:59 PM ET on September 23, 2022, the Early-Bird Special Marvel Legends Robbie Reyes Human-Form figure will not go into production.

The tiers will be 6" Marvel Legends figures. They say they have a few of the demonic persuasion. Figures that we will likely never see released another way. Seems like they may be hinting Mephisto and Blackheart.

00-Haslab-2022-02 2.jpg

00.jpg

Haslab-2022-01.jpg

Haslab-2022-02.jpg

Haslab-2022-03 2.jpg

Haslab-2022-03 3.jpg

Haslab-2022-03.jpg

Haslab-2022-04 2.jpg

Haslab-2022-04 3.jpg

Haslab-2022-04 4.jpg

Haslab-2022-04 5.jpg

Haslab-2022-04.jpg

Haslab-2022-05.jpg

Haslab-2022-06.jpg

Haslab-2022-07 2.jpg

Haslab-2022-07 3.jpg

Haslab-2022-07 4.jpg

Haslab-2022-07.jpg

Haslab-2022-08.jpg

It's the Hellcharger. There is no doubt in my mind. Why would Hasbro make Johnny or Dan's bike a Haslab when they used to sell them in the rider's line? Granted that line is gone probably due to prices but you wouldn't make a haslab just for a bike, add light and sounds aside. 

As for the Tier yes, giving us Mephisto in this is a great way to get the character out to fans with out worrying about those type of people. Blackheart might work as a baf later but it would be great to get it in this as well. 

Dan Ketch and his bike would also be a great tier. Maybe that new Phantom Rider/Sorcerer Supreme that is in the new Midnight Sons (forget her name.) 

Maybe Paradox strange as well as Johnny Blaze as his Blaze persona.

On 7/23/2022 at 8:10 AM, tarot said:

It's the Hellcharger. There is no doubt in my mind. Why would Hasbro make Johnny or Dan's bike a Haslab when they used to sell them in the rider's line? Granted that line is gone probably due to prices but you wouldn't make a haslab just for a bike, add light and sounds aside. 

As for the Tier yes, giving us Mephisto in this is a great way to get the character out to fans with out worrying about those type of people. Blackheart might work as a baf later but it would be great to get it in this as well. 

Dan Ketch and his bike would also be a great tier. Maybe that new Phantom Rider/Sorcerer Supreme that is in the new Midnight Sons (forget her name.) 

Maybe Paradox strange as well as Johnny Blaze as his Blaze persona.

That is also my guess as only a Haslab project could create a 6-inch scale car that would allow Robbie Reyes to fit inside. As for the tiers, I would love it if they included his little brother Gabriel Reyes. I know they never rode together when Robbie was in his Ghost Rider form but it would be such a fun inclusion.

Gotta agree with @tarot, no doubt in my mind it's the Hell Charger. Thing is though, how big can it be to justify an at least $300 price point, which I think is the absolute minimum price point Hasbro would consider to make worth the effort. Will it have tons of fire and accessories, will it have a bunch of interchangeable parts, will it include more than one figure? I guess those are the questions they love to leave us to speculate about.

I'd love it if we got some long awaited Rider villains out of the unlockable tiers. I think characters like Mephisto or Blackheart, Deathwatch, Blackout or Vengeance would not only be cool, but a major sales driver. I'd bet dollars to donuts if they simply announce Mephisto as the first unlockable from the start it will push sales dramatically. Maybe one of the tiers will be some new legs for Cosmic GR.

It would be cool if Ketch or his bike, or both were one of the unlockable, but highly doubt it. If nothing, Hasbro knows how to use an anniversary to push a character's product. I expect to see a Danny Ketch GR Riders set and possibly another Blaze set as well. I think a Slade set with Hell Horse would put people in a frenzy. Let's not forget how many Riders there are and they all have a mount of some sort. While I think people would buy them without their "vehicles" I think it would be be in Hasbro's best interest to capitalize on the deluxe or two pack format in this case.

There's a little part of me who thinks they might throw us a curve ball and do prehistoric Rider with his Mammoth but that's a part of the Marvel U that's just a little out of reach for some longtime fans. I think guys like me would like it and think it's cool, they would ultimately decide they could pass on it and wait for the one they really want.

Well HasLab recently did a 6 inch Cobra HISS Tank for $300 with electronic lights and 1 figure and it was backed in a day. It also had an additional  incentive of a special brand new figure which would be included if it was back within the first week. So I would be thinking something similar for the Hell Charger. I could see at least Dan ketch's HellCycle being offered as a tier, especially as they seemed to have given up on the Ultimate Riders.

I’m going to go against the grain and guess that it’s a role play item. I think it will be a GhostRider mask with lights, burning ambient sound, articulated jaw, and maybe a voice changer.

While the Marvel Legends Brand already does helmets, something like a GhostRider mask would be much more expensive to produce and have less of an appeal as say...a Clonetrooper helmet.

Here are two random pics I pulled from Google. 

D1AFD9E4-F6AA-4EAE-9F74-3F338B471581.jpeg

E9F0DF19-D24F-4BD0-BB48-2691B38D9AD7.jpeg

I am not totally convinced it will be the Hell Charger because I am not sure there is enough of a demand for it to guarantee a slam dunk project that reaches funding…. Unless it also includes other Ghost Riders with bikes, and really great characters for tier add-ins. If it is just a Hell Charger, I think it would need to be a lot less than the two previous Legends Haslabs.

On 7/23/2022 at 5:59 PM, Psychosomatic said:

I am not totally convinced it will be the Hell Charger because I am not sure there is enough of a demand for it to guarantee a slam dunk project that reaches funding…. Unless it also includes other Ghost Riders with bikes, and really great characters for tier add-ins. If it is just a Hell Charger, I think it would need to be a lot less than the two previous Legends Haslabs.

You mean your not convince that one of the most requested haslab project is the hell charger ? Lol 😆 

On 7/23/2022 at 10:06 AM, tarot said:

You mean your not convince that one of the most requested haslab project is the hell charger ? Lol 😆 

Oh, I have no doubt there is interest, but unless you work for Hasbro and have the data, you are just making a guess as well. Clearly you want this thing, and I wouldn't pass on it either (and I purchased the last two ML Haslabs), I am just saying I am not convinced the Hell Charger would have the juice to get funded unless it is a really well put together project with great add-ins and price point. I would guess  the consumers most capable of purchasing a high price point toy are a little older, and unless they have stayed on top of comics, I am not sure they would know the more recent Ghost Rider in the Hell Charger. It is cool as hell, but I think the Ghost Riders on bikes are the iconic look that is best known to fans.

Yeah that above weapon is Robbie's, I'm going to be really annoyed if Dan Ketch ghost rider has anything to do with this, being a tier or whatever, or Mephisto, I don't want to back a Has Lab I don't want just to get figures we should have had released through regular channels, if It's just a Robbie Reyes Car and him, and whatever else...that's fine I don't care, but if they start giving out....awesome tiers I'm gonna flip.

On 7/23/2022 at 11:20 AM, Psychosomatic said:

Oh, I have no doubt there is interest, but unless you work for Hasbro and have the data, you are just making a guess as well. Clearly you want this thing, and I wouldn't pass on it either (and I purchased the last two ML Haslabs), I am just saying I am not convinced the Hell Charger would have the juice to get funded unless it is a really well put together project with great add-ins and price point. I would guess  the consumers most capable of purchasing a high price point toy are a little older, and unless they have stayed on top of comics, I am not sure they would know the more recent Ghost Rider in the Hell Charger. It is cool as hell, but I think the Ghost Riders on bikes are the iconic look that is best known to fans.

I'm one of these older fans with money.  I don't want a flaming car.  There are far larger, more classic things that could be made first.

On 7/23/2022 at 12:09 PM, Mommar said:

I'm one of these older fans with money.  I don't want a flaming car.  There are far larger, more classic things that could be made first.

Exactly! I don't think the Hell Charger is a bad idea (and it does look like that is probably what we will be seeing), I just wasn't convinced a newer character would get the Haslab treatment and reach its goal (vs. an iconic look) unless they priced it right, or just knocked it out of the park with the offering. Personally, I am not super excited about any vehicles larger than a motorcycle, but I am vey open to eating my words if they nail this. 

It will be interesting to see if something as recent as the Hell Charger could get funded. No doubt it will look amazing, but, 300$ amazing? Plus I too think Vehicles in Marvel are a bit of a tough one. What else really stands out? The Quinjet? The Fantasticar? All cool, but also not really that interesting for the money they'd ask, and my other concern is their resorting to too many cheap-shot tier releases on those. I think it's best they stick with big characters, but we'll see. 

On 7/23/2022 at 2:21 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah that above weapon is Robbie's, I'm going to be really annoyed if Dan Ketch ghost rider has anything to do with this, being a tier or whatever, or Mephisto, I don't want to back a Has Lab I don't want just to get figures we should have had released through regular channels, if It's just a Robbie Reyes Car and him, and whatever else...that's fine I don't care, but if they start giving out....awesome tiers I'm gonna flip.

Same.  No interest in Robbie or the Hell Charger really.  But I do very much want Danny.  I hope they don't get tied up together.

I swore off Haslab after Galactus but this Ghost Rider project has me intrigued. I need a Robbie Reyes for my Avengers collection though to be fair I haven’t read any issues he is in as an Avenger. Not sure how his car plays into the team dynamic...

I can see this being a success. My initial thought was that both Johnny and Danny with their bikes as tiers but then it was pointed out that the HISS tank was just the vehicle and 1 figure so the car and Robbie could be all. It’s a cool idea, just as with all of the Haslab projects I question the value for the cost. Would have been nice NOT to want another pricey Haslab..

ill be waiting to hear what this involves. 

On 7/23/2022 at 12:53 PM, Air-Walker said:

It will be interesting to see if something as recent as the Hell Charger could get funded. No doubt it will look amazing, but, 300$ amazing? 

What do you think the possibilty is they'd make this for under $300.00? Like you, I can't see a car, even that kind of car, being able to rake in the kind of price tag the HISS tank did....the Fantasticar or Punisher van yeah, but not the Hellcharger. But maybe haslab wouldn't be looking at that price mark for this? It does seem a lot of fans want it.

It seems the Hasbro Marvel Legends brand team guys really want us to know a Marvel Legends Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider is coming. The day after teasing at their SDCC panel that the this years Marvel Legends Haslab campaign would be Ghost Rider related, they have left two different teases in their booth that point to Reyes. Both times it was weapon accessories left in the booth that are based on items used by the character in the comics.

I'm not fully convinced a Marvel Legends Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider With Car is what the Haslab campaign will feature this year, but that certainly seems to be what Hasbro wants us to think right now by dropping such obvious clues. Whether that's being done as a deliberate misdirect or not, well I guess only time will tell.

Robbie.jpg

I will say for those worrying about them NOT making a Dan or another Johnny you only have to look at all the figures they released for the Sentinel and Galactus. Sentinel had an entire wave for it released along with many other figures and Galactus has only 3 main Heralds (Air-Walker, Stardust and Red Shift) left with then releasing Firelord, Terrax and Fallen alongside the Haslab project. So the thing is they may release other Ghost Riders next year in time for this.