Marvel Legends 2022 Haslab Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

I’m not the biggest Robbie Reyes fan, but I am a Ghost Rider fan.  I think that the Hellcharger is a great idea.  Cool effects, electronics/lights could be cool. But then the possibilities for the tier unlocks AND the retail releases that could support this (think of GALACTUS and all the additional heralds that are being released via regular retail).  We could see reissues of Blaze and Ketch and various other villains….  This could be great.  Besides, the Marve team hasn’t let us down yet.  

I feel like it really depends on the tiers. if they don't include Mephisto and Son of Satan, i suspect it will be the rancor redux - a lot of folks will lose enthusiasm (not to mention likely giving up on ever getting those characters).  Yeah there are hard core Ghost Rider fans for sure, but i dunno if there are enough that want to drop $300 or whatever on the character.  

as for me, i'm fine with Johnny blaze and his bike.  nowadays Hasbro would probably charge $60 for the ultimate riders.  guess they gave up on ever doing Hawkeye with the hover bike

On 7/24/2022 at 7:56 AM, Faust said:

I am not paying £300 for a god damn Car that I can get for £40-£50

Can you? They're usually diecast, but I've never seen a 1/12 scale Charger going for less than four or five hundred bucks. There's plenty of chargers in 1/18 and 1/24 for significantly less, but 1/12 is much rarer and much larger. The Hell Charger would actually even need to be a little bigger than 1/12 to fit a Legends figure.

On 7/24/2022 at 5:26 PM, Satam said:

Can you? They're usually diecast, but I've never seen a 1/12 scale Charger going for less than four or five hundred bucks. There's plenty of chargers in 1/18 and 1/24 for significantly less, but 1/12 is much rarer and much larger. The Hell Charger would actually even need to be a little bigger than 1/12 to fit a Legends figure.

He's probably talking about the wwe ambulance and the stuff which are totally out of scale and don't have lights and sounds. They are more a playset then vehicle.

On 7/23/2022 at 11:42 PM, leokearon said:

A HasLab doesn't have to be $300, They could do it for $200 idf they beleived they could make a decent profit out of it

Exactly. It seems like some are thinking the $300.00 is going to be the base price, regardless of what they wind up doing, but its very possible it won't be. 

But this is what happens when some people look at the Sentinel and then the HISS, they figure that's the baseline pricetag for all future "projects". 

On 7/24/2022 at 6:34 PM, Atlantis said:

Exactly. It seems like some are thinking the $300.00 is going to be the base price, regardless of what they wind up doing, but its very possible it won't be. 

But this is what happens when some people look at the Sentinel and then the HISS, they figure that's the baseline pricetag for all future "projects". 

Yeah, despite the only Haslab I've ever backed was less than $200

On 7/24/2022 at 5:26 PM, Satam said:

I got McFarlane Batmbolies for less than £30. Just saying that a car to accomodate a 6" fig shouldn't be £300. Unless the haslab includes 3 other GRs, a Horse, a bike, Mephisto, Blackheart. 

Price
1 Khetanna             499.99
2 Unicron            574.99
3 Cookie Monster           299.99
4 Sentinel            349.99
  HeroQuest Game $99/$149
5 Razor Crest            349.99
6 Galactus             399.99
7 Victory Saber           179.99
8 Rancor            349.99
9 Skystriker            229.99
10 Ghostbuster            399.99
11 Reva's Saber           499.99
12 Cobra H.I.S.S.          299.99
13 69 Hellcharger  

Every HASLAB to date, with their original listing prices.   Hoping for Victory Saber or Skystriker pricing if I'm buying into it.

I think the only way a Mephisto is going to make it onto a figure now will have to be through HASLAB.  The subject matter is too risque for Disney to allow for mainstream.  This is the only option HASBRO has to allow for these characters to happen.  

On 7/24/2022 at 4:47 PM, Faust said:

I got McFarlane Batmbolies for less than £30. Just saying that a car to accomodate a 6" fig shouldn't be £300. Unless the haslab includes 3 other GRs, a Horse, a bike, Mephisto, Blackheart. 

I assume it will be more detailed than any Batmobile Todd has made, and I doubt it'll cost that much. I could also see them doing a set with not just the Hell Charger, but also Johnny's bike, Danny's bike, and yes, maybe even a horse. Riders as add-ons, probably, although that would suck, but we'll see.

On 7/25/2022 at 1:09 AM, Satam said:

I assume it will be more detailed than any Batmobile Todd has made, and I doubt it'll cost that much. I could also see them doing a set with not just the Hell Charger, but also Johnny's bike, Danny's bike, and yes, maybe even a horse. Riders as add-ons, probably, although that would suck, but we'll see.

If this was a set that was Robbie and Hellcharger, Johnny Blaze and Bike, Danny and Bike and Phantom Rider (Carter Slade) with a Horse I'd cough up the dough, that would be worth the price of the ticket. That actually sounds like a great Haslab I'd back.

they could even throw in a Vengeance and Bike or Alejandra Jones and Bike. I'd bite.

On 7/24/2022 at 5:52 PM, DarthDoodleBob said:

"...I think the only way a Mephisto is going to make it onto a figure now will have to be through HASLAB.  The subject matter is too risque for Disney to allow for mainstream.  This is the only option HASBRO has to allow for these characters to happen...."

Not sure how this guy is too risque for Hasbro....they put out the Doom figure along with a ripped out spinal column, and sold in the toy aisle LOL. Since they have already made a number of "demonic" figures, not to mention the grand daddy of them all (in terms of size, price and retail availablilty) Surtur, there's no reason for anyone to balk at Mephisto. Has any authority at disney or hasbro ever stated they won't/can't make this character? No. Some fans swore hasbro/disney/china/marvel etc would "never allow" a "devil" type figure to be made, but we already know that's been done. Far as a figure goes, Mephisto is a red suited guy with whacky hair. I wouldn't stress about him not being made at some point, but showing up around a Ghost Rider theme does make the most sense.

It has to be Robbie, he's the most logical choice for a Ghost Rider HasLab by far. I'm curious what the tiers would be, I doubt they'd give us Blaze or Ketch with their bikes, at most we'd get Johnny as one tier and his bike as another tier, though we'll probably get deluxe releases of those 2 independently in 2023. Maybe Eli? More classic demons like Mephisto or Blackheart?

Here’s a thought..when Hasbro celebrates an anniversary the subject usually gets a wave of figures, or a box set or something of the sort.. Let’s say the Haslab project IS just the HellCharger w/ Reyes..who’s to say the celebration won’t continue throughout the year with deluxe releases of Blaze and Ketch? 

Seems odd that an Anniversary, especially one as big as a 50th, would begin and end with arguably the 3rd most famous Ghost Rider.

be interesting to see how a Hasbro proceeds. GR has mostly been a fringe character for me but I’ve always loved the design and concept. While I’m a “Blaze” guy, I appreciated Ketch and Reyes ( plus as many long time posters know, if you’ve been an Avenger, I’ll collect you. So Reyes is a must have).

at the end of the day, I’ve already got 2 Blaze GRs and 1 sweet bike. I’ve no interest beyond the GRs mentioned above so this Anniversary can come and go with only hitting the big versions and I’d be fine.

On 7/26/2022 at 10:38 PM, McHogan said:

Here’s a thought..when Hasbro celebrates an anniversary the subject usually gets a wave of figures, or a box set or something of the sort.. Let’s say the Haslab project IS just the HellCharger w/ Reyes..who’s to say the celebration won’t continue throughout the year with deluxe releases of Blaze and Ketch? 

Seems odd that an Anniversary, especially one as big as a 50th, would begin and end with arguably the 3rd most famous Ghost Rider.

be interesting to see how a Hasbro proceeds. GR has mostly been a fringe character for me but I’ve always loved the design and concept. While I’m a “Blaze” guy, I appreciated Ketch and Reyes ( plus as many long time posters know, if you’ve been an Avenger, I’ll collect you. So Reyes is a must have).

at the end of the day, I’ve already got 2 Blaze GRs and 1 sweet bike. I’ve no interest beyond the GRs mentioned above so this Anniversary can come and go with only hitting the big versions and I’d be fine.

That's exactly what I was saying in an earlier post. There's no way Reyes and the Hell Charger is the only part of the equation here. Haslab aside, it is still GR's 50th so Hasbro will be cashing in one way or another. I don't think it would be out of the question to expect to see Riders packs of at least Ketch and Blaze, and possibly Vengeance and Slade. I think there's some real possibility her as Vengeance is another one done by Toybiz that Hasbro should want to outdo and Slade is one that's never been done. Of course they could also do Blaze from the terrible movies and I'd still think fans would have a fair amount of interest.

As far as waves I could see them doing a wave or two of any of these as a Build-A-Bike wave, and of course there would have to be a Blackheart wave. There are tons of characters in his villain pool that still badly need figures as well. I'm talking Mephisto, Deathwatch, Blackout, Lilith, Scarecrow, Zodiac, etc., not to mention any number of allies he's associated. Nope, I expect this 50th Anniversary to be much more than the Haslab. I'm just so glad it's happening before his official MCU entry so maybe we'll get some good comic product before all eventual and obligatory take over by movie product.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday we told you how Hasbro's Dan Yun indicated this week was going to be an interesting one, possibly as indication we might be getting the announcement for this years Marvel Legends Haslab campaign which is said to have a Ghost Rider theme.

Well today Ryan Ting has posted this image of last years Haslab Marvel Legends Galactus figure holding what looks to be a possible Ghost Rider accessory with a chain. The caption with the image reads "This week is going to be of the chain".

Galactus-Chain.jpg

Way I see it galactus had several things released due to coming out ….ff retro wave and the firelord on retro card plus the two pack of the fallen one and terrax rerelease and the herald Thor from the controller wave so ghost rider will have probably two to three deluxe releases plus some on the new retro card this coming yr

On 9/12/2022 at 4:02 PM, Kikipage1984 said:

Way I see it galactus had several things released due to coming out ….ff retro wave and the firelord on retro card plus the two pack of the fallen one and terrax rerelease and the herald Thor from the controller wave so ghost rider will have probably two to three deluxe releases plus some on the new retro card this coming yr

oh it definitely will. Hasbro made a Retro packaging. They ain't going to use it for one figure. 

Mark your calendars for this Friday, September 16 at 11am ET because that is when Hasbro will be announcing their 2022 Marvel Legends Haslab campaign which should be something Ghost Rider themed. We of course will have complete coverage of it here for you as its announced.

Ghost-Rider-Haslab.jpg