Marvel Legends 2022 Haslab Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

So its looking "Almost" certain that the campaign isn't going to reach the 9k backers in time for the early bird figure to be included. For those that have or were planning on backing this, I am curious how does that impact your decision if the early bird is not included?

Whelp, doesn't look like Robbie was a driving factor. Bout to blow right through the Early Bird bonus and it's barely halfway funded. Like I said, Civi Robbie was not a factor for me, I suspected as much from most everyone else, but even Mephisto barely moved the needle. Everyone seems so confident this thing is gonna fund, but to me it looks like if this thing funds it will barely fund and if that happens and we don't even get to the first tier reward I think a lot of people will pull out. The GR anniversary is not getting off to a good start. I know it's been said over and over and people are tired of hearing it, but it's the price and only the price that are holding people back. Some pretty accessories and shiny lights aren't enough to justify the cost.

I'd even go so far as to say that if Mephisto had actually been included in the set from the start and they had made Robbie an unlockable tier this thing would have already been funded, but I think the thought that this is the only way they plan on us getting Mephisto has put a bad taste in people's mouths and it might have been a determining factor as to whether they wanna support Hasbro through this.

Wasn't going to back it because of the price and the rumoured tiers never interested me. Still I found Robbie being the early bird incentive to be weird, like couldn't the same thing have been done with some interchangable hands, head etc, instead of a completely brand new figure. Also given that you can depower the Hellcharger, it would have made more sense to include it from the start instead of an extra.

The first deadline in Hasbro's new Marvel Legends HasLab Engine of Vengeance campaign has come and gone which was for the Early Bird Special Human Form Robbie Reyes figure. In order for that figure to be included, the campaign needed to reach the minimum 9k backers before 11:59 PM ET September 23, 2022. Unfortunately that time has now come and gone and the campaign currently only has 6,118 backers.

The campaign still has until the end of October 31 to reach the minimum 9k backers in order to move into production which now will just include the regular Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider 6" Marvel Legends figure with his car. The first stretch goal for this campaign was announced the other day which is for a 7" Mephisto Marvel Legends figure. In order for that to be included the campaign will need 12k backers by October 31. No other stretch goals for this one have been announced at this time.

Robbie.jpg

They honestly just needed to make it a tier and then also reveal all the tiers. I'd probably go for it if I knew what I was getting and there's others that feel the same. 

At the same time, I think there's a lot of people wishing if they did a vehicle it would have been a Quinjet or Blackbird. 

Its pretty idiotic that Robbie wasn't part of the deal to begin with. Why offer swap parts without the swap driver? Hasbro really showed their ayass on this one. Had Robbie and Mephisto been part of the deal from the jump this thing would a funded a long time ago. They went super cheap product with a super premium price tag. If this thing dumps are they never gonna do a Robbie Reyes GR? I doubt Marvel would ever let that fly. Why should the fandom have to suffer for dumb decisions by Hasbro? As the saying goes, speak with your dollars, and it looks like the fans have spoken. Don't feel bad for Hasbro one bit.

And yeah I know they paid for the Marvel license rather than outright owning the license like G.I. Joe so they try to justify higher prices, but no one asked them to chase the property. I think we were all pretty OK with Toybiz at the time. They want us to stick around they're gonna have to do better than this.

Backers are down to 6,068. Guess he was a factor.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:32 PM, Hulkwummy said:

If anyone still wants Mephisto to be added to this Engine of Vengeance pack, better pick up the pace, remember 12K backers is required for Mephisto.

If the number isnt met, they can always do Mephisto later in some other exclusive format.

On 9/17/2022 at 4:50 PM, Air-Walker said:

"...Whether they're lying or just plain knee-jerk clueless, I obviously can't say, but whatever the case their argument is weak and doesn't hold up under scrutiny...."

I'm just gonna put this one out there- saying "we couldn't do this any other way" is coming from the same lads who told us the mistake on Omega Sentinel was because they use google images for their reasearch? You never know....

On 9/23/2022 at 11:28 PM, Hulkwummy said:

Like what? What are the options? A retro carded deluxe figure, or a Build-A-Figure in a Ghost Rider themed wave, or an exclusive box set with some other Ghost Rider related characters? 

Sure, those are options. They could also have him in a classic Dr. Strange wave (this time, the sorcerer supreme can have a cloak thats not glued on)....but fact is, there are no "rules"; they can do whatever they choose to.

In the last 8 hours since it was announced that the recent Marvel Legends HasLab Engine of Vengeance campaign had missed it's Early Bird Goal of 9k backers by the end of 9/23 for the 6" Marvel Legends Robbie Reyes (Human Form) figure, we have seen it take quit a tumble.

Last night at midnight the campaign was sitting at 6,118. Since then as I type this the campaign has lost over 100 backers and is now sitting at 5995 backers.

The campaign still has until the end of October 31, 2022 to reach it's minimum number of 9k backers in order to be funded and move into production, but with the loss of the one figure and now seemingly hemorrhaging backers one has to wonder if it will be able to make that minimum goal let alone any stretch goals.

Right now Hasbro has only announced one stretch goal for this campaign which is a 7" Marvel Legends Mephisto figure that would only be included if the campaign reaches a minimum number of 12k backers, which as the backer counter ticks downward becomes less and less likely.

It's not known how many other stretch goals Hasbro had originally planned for this particular campaign, but they had previously said all stretch goals would be for new 6" scale Marvel Legends figures. While Hasbro generally does not reveal all it's stretch goals up front, they may not have any choice but to do so in order to try and bring people back to the campaign or keep more from canceling their orders.

This is Hasbro's third Marvel Legends Haslab campaign. Last year we got the Marvel Legends Galactus figure which had a cost of $399.99 and ended with 30,811 Backers. The year before that we got the Marvel Legends Sentinel which had a cost of $349.99 and ended with 21,873 Backers.

The Marvel Legends Engine of Vengeance campaign is the first time Hasbro has attempted to offer a vehicle under the Haslab banner for the Marvel as opposed to a larger scale action figure.

Hasbro's big virtual Pulse-Con event takes place next weekend, so they may wait until then before deciding if they will reveal the remaining stretch goals to try and reverse the campaigns downturn, but we will just have to wait and see.

the numbers are dropping but not as dramatically as some would have you believe. They believe that the people trying to cheat the system were making up the majority of backers. I do see it dropping a bit but I also think there will be more in the coming 5 weeks. I can see it getting backed in 2 weeks time.

On 9/24/2022 at 8:25 AM, tarot said:

the numbers are dropping but not as dramatically as some would have you believe. They believe that the people trying to cheat the system were making up the majority of backers. I do see it dropping a bit but I also think there will be more in the coming 5 weeks. I can see it getting backed in 2 weeks time.

The fact they are dropping at all is not a good sign. The only campaign to go backwards was the Rancor and you know how that ended.

On 9/24/2022 at 8:31 AM, RoMe00150 said:

Man it's been tough lately for 3rd party IP Haslabs lately, First two failed Star Wars ones back to back and a potential Marvel failure. Seems like all the teams behind their lines may need to re evaluate what Haslab will be going forward 

Probably a question we will never really get an answer to, but after the success of the first two Marvel Legends Haslab campaigns I wonder why they decided to go the vehicle route as opposed to another large character.

On 9/24/2022 at 1:38 PM, JayC said:

Probably a question we will never really get an answer to, but after the success of the first two Marvel Legends Haslab campaigns I wonder why they decided to go the vehicle route as opposed to another large character.

This is just a guess but with GR 50th anniversary, they wanted to do Robbie to go with the others, maybe as an ultra-deluxe figure. However, during the planning phase one of the higher up decided, "Hey, let's make this a Haslab because there are no way retailers will put it on the shelves for 150."

On 9/24/2022 at 9:06 AM, tarot said:

This is just a guess but with GR 50th anniversary, they wanted to do Robbie to go with the others, maybe as an ultra-deluxe figure. However, during the planning phase one of the higher up decided, "Hey, let's make this a Haslab because there are no way retailers will put it on the shelves for 150."

I supposed but I feel like they would have had enough sales data to show them any vehicle would be an uphill battle for a Marvel Haslab and then choosing Ghost Rider over say something like anything X-Men based one or such that is going to have a wider appeal is just an odd choice to me. Anniversary or no. I think they are better to stick to larger characters than vehicles but if they are going to try and do vehicles they should have started with something that was more bread and butter for them like again the X-Men.

I think they could have gotten Robbie and his car out for (granted a much cheaper made version with less accessories) to retail for $100 or less if they thought there was enough demand for that. The thing about general retail is, it would have to sell a fair more than 9k to be considered a success at mass retail, so even a cheaper version I am not sure would have really worked.

Yes, they will make it, is Hasbro + Marvel, two huge mega corporations and still one month to go (and plenty of copletists out there) but this is a small victory for the fans, tired of Hasbro abuse and the greedy increase on the prices: Is not so easy to find 9000 zombies in one week eager to buy whatever they wanna sell.

Don't misundesrstand me, I backed the Sentinel and Galactus and the car looks awesome, but is not worth at all $350 US

On 9/24/2022 at 2:28 AM, Hulkwummy said:

Like what? What are the options? A retro carded deluxe figure, or a Build-A-Figure in a Ghost Rider themed wave, or an exclusive box set with some other Ghost Rider related characters? What ever opportunity the marvel legends team at hasbro have up their sleeves, I don't care, I just want Mephisto to be made, simple as that. Forgive me if I was a little too dramatic.

I'm guessing the whole Retro collection thing so they can charge more for it, cuz they know people will buy it. I've also suggested they might do it with his throne and do it as a Deluxe. I wouldn't even be all that surprised if they did the whole Amazon Exclusive route. Maybe Mephisto and Blackheart could headline the group as the two "new" figures and then they could do civilian versions of Johnny Blaze, Danny Ketch and Robbie Reyes which would be just head swaps of their GR figures. Of course, that's assuming they actually get around to doing Ketch and Reyes sometime during this anniversary celebration, which why would they not.