Marvel Legends 2022 Haslab Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

On 9/27/2022 at 10:57 AM, tarot said:

what he meant was that if Civie Robbie wasn't backed in time, they wouldn't show the tier THEN, not show the tiers at all. They will  show the tiers eventually. 

While he wasnt clear I assume he was referring to the call to show all the tiers upfront and saying they wouldnt do that. If the campaign got to the 12k to unlock Mephisto I am sure they would then show the next tier but thats not likely happening at this point.

I honestly think they may have just excepted this campaign is a loss and will just move on but I suppose they could change their mind and show another stretch goal at Pulse-Con on Friday.

They will show the tiers..hell I wouldn't be surprised if they don't change their whole game plan with this, they are probably changed figures or adding figures...they will remind us that this is the only way to get these figures... they will eventually reach their desperation phase and show everything to try and get this funded...they don't want a marvel legend haslab to fail.

In an attempt to salvage their Marvel Legends HasLab Engine of Vengeance campaign, Hasbro today announced they would be including a human-form alternate head & sweatshirt hood accessory that can be used with the 6" Ghost Rider figure so you can transform it into human form.

The campaign has been losing backers since this past Friday when it was determined the Early Bird 6" Marvel Legends (Human Form) figure would not be included. On Friday the campaign had 6,118 backers. As of right now the campaign has 5,419 Backers.

The campaign needs a minimum number of 9k backers by October 31 in order to move into production. So far one stretch goal has been announced which is a 7" Marvel Legends Mephisto figure if the campaign reaches 12k backers by the end of October 31.

Robbie-Hea0.jpg

Robbie-Hea1.jpg

Robbie-Head.jpg

A shrewd move indeed! Be interesting to see how well it works. Speaking of shrewd moves, anyone see that new giant hunk of plastic Batman Vehicle that Todd McFarlane just revealed for his 7" line? The one that's apparently only 50$ US? For ML vehicles, I do think this would have been the better way to go, since this Hellcharger campaign seems to be kicking up more apathy than excitement. 

Interesting move on Hasbro's part, wasn't really expecting that one, but look what they have done, not sure if this is a good look or a bad one, they coughed up that robbie head, don't think this makes it worth the price, not even the actual second figure seemed worth the price, let's see if this changes peoples minds and this starts getting backed again.

On 9/28/2022 at 2:58 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Interesting move on Hasbro's part, wasn't really expecting that one, but look what they have done, not sure if this is a good look or a bad one, they coughed up that robbie head, don't think this makes it worth the price, not even the actual second figure seemed worth the price, let's see if this changes peoples minds and this starts getting backed again.

I think they main reason for doing this was because a number of people were saying without the human form Robbie, the normal version of the car was pointless.

On 9/28/2022 at 3:36 PM, JayC said:

I think they main reason for doing this was because a number of people were saying without the human form Robbie, the normal version of the car was pointless.

yes of course, I mean that no doubt seemed why they were offering a powered down robbie, I am happy they gave the people the option, and included this head, at least that's nice, I still don't think it's going to be what brings new life back to this Haslab at this point, but let's see.

It makes absolutely no sense to back this now.  Backers could have gotten a completely separate Robbie Reyes figure if they really actually wanted this set at all at this price point.  Feels like an even more ludicrous move from Hasbro to offer only just the head rather than extending the runway on the early-birb RR figure.

On 9/28/2022 at 4:21 PM, JTO_Enews said:

It makes absolutely no sense to back this now.  Backers could have gotten a completely separate Robbie Reyes figure if they really actually wanted this set at all at this price point.  Feels like an even more ludicrous move from Hasbro to offer only just the head rather than extending the runway on the early-birb RR figure.

It’s desperate, and too little too late, but it does make sense. They know everyone will want a human Reyes if they have any hope of still making this project happen. They can’t just throw the early bird figure back in because it would completely undermine having an early bird incentive in future projects. So they split the difference. 

On 9/28/2022 at 12:51 PM, tarot said:

Well it seems to be working. the numbers are going up. Slowly yes but up none the less.

I swear, if this dinky little head is all it took to convince people to buy this thing I am at a loss for words.  It's too little, too late and still costs too much.

Really don't want to set a precedent here for them to think giving us (a piece of) what should be part of the base product is enough to justify the cost.  And you know this will all be spun as "You spoke and we listened" bullshiz PR.

On 9/28/2022 at 4:36 PM, Virtualzach said:

I swear, if this dinky little head is all it took to convince people to buy this thing I am at a loss for words.  It's too little, too late and still costs too much.

Really don't want to set a precedent here for them to think giving us (a piece of) what should be part of the base product is enough to justify the cost.  And you know this will all be spun as "You spoke and we listened" bullshiz PR.

I wouldn't assume that this saved the HasLab or the removal of Robbie killed it, since even with the numbers going down, it was still at over halfway, and many HasLabs that succeeded were not at that many backers by this same time in the campaign.  Remember, the vast majority of projects like this (includint HasLabs) get the vast majority of their backers in the first and (especially) last 48 hours.  Had they not done this or anything similar and just left it civilian-Robbie-less, I would say there was still a pretty decently high likelihood the campaign would succeed, but maybe just like barely.  The addition is definitely improving the chances but it still may well not make it very far past the base level of success.

TL;DR: the removal of civilian Robbie lost a lot of backers, but they probably were not the majority of people (currently or total by the end) willing to back it.  As overpriced as this is, there are still such a large number of people who might want something like this that statistically there's probably a statistically-small-yet-gross-numerically-large portion for whom price is not much of an object and can get the project to succeed.

LO effin' L. This is pathetic. This, this is what they think we wanted? Out of touch, anyone? Give me a break. Not only should this have been included from the jump but Mephisto should have been included. Keep your $5 throw in Hasbro. The thing is still about $100 too heavy and people are getting fed up with your act. Will this move the needle? Probably. Will it be enough to get this thing over the hump? No freaking way. I'm holding on to my funds till that big, red demon is part of the deal.

On 9/28/2022 at 3:51 PM, tarot said:

Well it seems to be working.

I wouldn't go quit that far. The counter isn't currently going down but its not doing any kind of major rebound either. It's added a whole 39 new backers since the head was announced. If I was Hasbro I wouldn't be jumping for joy that the campaign has been saved.

The head allows them to say, look you still have a human figure to go with the normal looking car but it also makes them look bad because you have to wonder why they just didn't throw in the second figure since that cost had already been included to the $350 at 9k backers. I suppose the reason was so they can say they didn't go back on what they said about extending the Early Bird deadline but still its not great optics on a campaign that has already generated a lot of negative feelings among their consumer base.

While the campaign still has a month to go, at it's current pace, sooner or latter the perception that there is little chance any of the stretch goals will end up being included will grow, which in turn is going to make it so less and less people feel its worth backing and/or people decide to start canceling their orders again.

On 9/29/2022 at 4:08 AM, JayC said:

The head allows them to say, look you still have a human figure to go with the normal looking car but it also makes them look bad because you have to wonder why they just didn't throw in the second figure since that cost had already been included to the $350 at 9k backers. I suppose the reason was so they can say they didn't go back on what they said about extending the Early Bird deadline but still its not great optics on a campaign that has already generated a lot of negative feelings among their consumer base.

Exactly, so what are they gonna do with the actual figure that, as you pointed out, was more or less worked into the original price because they more or less assumed the Early Bird was gonna be met? As a matter of fact, at that price we can probably assume pretty much all the other tiers were covered as well. Not like they're really giving us anything for free. While they're trying to look like they are standing strong and maintaining confidence in the project and not fully giving in to fan demand, a strategy I believe they acquired from Big Daddy Disney, they just come off looking really desperate while also being really cheap in the process and, as I pointed out earlier, completely out of touch with the pulse (pun intended) of the general fanbase.

On 9/29/2022 at 9:30 AM, monron999 said:

Exactly, so what are they gonna do with the actual figure that, as you pointed out, was more or less worked into the original price because they more or less assumed the Early Bird was gonna be met? As a matter of fact, at that price we can probably assume pretty much all the other tiers were covered as well. Not like they're really giving us anything for free. While they're trying to look like they are standing strong and maintaining confidence in the project and not fully giving in to fan demand, a strategy I believe they acquired from Big Daddy Disney, they just come off looking really desperate while also being really cheap in the process and, as I pointed out earlier, completely out of touch with the pulse (pun intended) of the general fanbase.

They aren't free, but the reason why say making Mephisto the early bird as some have suggested wasnt practical is because it was a totally new figure unlike the Human Form figure. So that added a lot more expense to the bottom line and hence they needed 3k additional backers on top of the 9k. The larger the production run of something the cheaper it is for them to make it. So when they add an expense with the new figure they then need to increase the production run to essentially offset that additional expense.

On 9/29/2022 at 10:15 AM, JayC said:

They aren't free, but the reason why say making Mephisto the early bird as some have suggested wasnt practical is because it was a totally new figure unlike the Human Form figure. So that added a lot more expense to the bottom line and hence they needed 3k additional backers on top of the 9k. The larger the production run of something the cheaper it is for them to make it. So when they add an expense with the new figure they then need to increase the production run to essentially offset that additional expense.

Absolutely, and I understand all that, but you gotta admit that price was by no means justified by anything or any part of this package. Yes, Mephisto would incur additional production but what I'm saying is it should have been part of the set from the begining. Let's not pretend that it wouldn't have made up for it in the end. Plus they have a way of getting plenty of re-use out of most of the new molds they create and this body mold is fairly non-distinct so I'm guessing they could use this for a number of characters. There was very little for them to lose to make him part of the product. They could have just advertised it using the mock up art and wouldn't even have put it into production, just like the Hellcharger, until if funded. Like I keep saying, there just isn't enough here to convince me to pull the trigger (again). Had anyone told me from the start that the plan was just this, even including the swap heads, I would have split my side laughing. Even when they started dropping the clues I remember thinking there's no way this Haslab is ONLY gonna be Robbie and the Hellcharger, for sure it will be a Robbie/Danny 2-pack. Even at that I figured it would be around $300. Mephisto should have been just part of the set to begin with. Whoever convinced themselves they could sell this thing just with the things that are in it now must have been on some serious substances.

I had no intention on backing this (I cant see ever backing a haslab), but when they announced this, so many were trying to see how to get it to $300.00. I thought, why would that be, why not be more reasonable at $200.00? Well boy was I wrong.

And of course its clear why. Once hasbro saw that they could get fans to back these projects at the prices they were, that $300.00 wasn't going away. Besides the HISS tank had just made record time.

Thing is, that was a tank, and has so many more features and uses than this does (I still think even that is overpriced, but there is so very much there, its not overpriced by much. That thing is sweet). Asking $350.00 for this is just outrageous. Holding Mephisto out there like some hostage, is outrageous as well, and it looks like fans are expressing themselves. Bottom line, they could've handled this so much better. 

Yesterday during the Marvel Legends Pulse-Con panel Hasbro seemingly tried to sweeten the pot on their Marvel Legends HasLab Engine of Vengeance campaign by giving us a better look at the 7" Mephisto Marvel Legends figure that would be included as the first stretch goal if the campaign were to reach 12k Backers by the end of October.

Besides showing Mephisto they also teased the second stretch goal which seemed pretty obvious was for a Goblin Queen Marvel Legends figure. We know all the stretch goals will feature 6" scale Marvel Legends figures and the teaser they showed looked to be the red ruby pendant Madelyne Pryor wears on her Goblin Queen outfit. Likely for that figure to be included the campaign would need to reach 14-15k Backers.

While Hasbro has not said exactly how many stretch goals they had planned for this campaign, I suspect there might be at least one more figure besides Mephisto and Goblin Queen in the works. Mephisto's son Blackheart seems like the most logical choice. The Orb will not be one of the stretch goals, as Hasbro revealed that one to be released at regular retail yesterday during the Pulse-Con panel. The Orb will be released in the next Avengers themed comic wave in early 2023.

Earlier this week Hasbro announced that even though the campaign lost it's Early Bird 6" Marvel Legends Robbie Reyes (Human Form) figure by failing to reach 9k backers but the end of September 23, they would still be including an alternate human Robbie Reyes headsculpt you could use with the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider figure. That's assuming the campaign can get to 9k Backers by the end of October so that it can move into production.

The campaign has struggled quit a bit so far. Back on September 23 the campaign had reached a high of 6,118 Backers, but then began to loose backers when people realized the Early Bird figure wasn't going to be included. When Hasbro announced they would be including the alternate human head earlier this week the campaign had dropped to 5,419 Backers. Since then the counter has gone up and down seeing it's biggest boost after yesterday's panel. As I type this, the campaign has 5,491 Backers with just over 30 days before it ends.

While the campaign still has time to rebound from it's loses, it's left many wondering if the campaign will even be funded, let alone reach enough backers to unlock any of the Stretch Goals. So EVEN IF people find the Stretch Goals appealing enough to motivate them to back this campaign, they may not be willing to do so unless they see the campaign reach the minimum 9k Backers needed to move into production, which to me still seems to be very much in doubt.

Mephisto-01.jpg

Mephisto-02.jpg

Mephisto-03.jpg

Mephisto-04.jpg

Mephisto-05.jpg

Mephisto-06.jpg

Mephisto-07.jpg