Marvel Legends 2022 Haslab Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

On 10/4/2022 at 2:13 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

This is feeling more like Halloween haslab than it is a Ghost Rider anniversary. 
I forgot what number it was at when I checked yesterday… did it lose more backers?

Especially as it wouldn't be an anniversary piece if it gets released next year.

Hasbro today officially went on and revealed another stretch goal for their Marvel Legends HasLab Engine of Vengeance which is the 6" Marvel Legends Goblin Queen.

However this is NOT the second stretch goal but NOW the first stretch goal only needing 10k Backers. The Marvel Legends 7" Mephisto now becomes stretch goal #2 needing 12k Backers to be included.

This move comes as the Haslab campaign has continued to struggle and loose backers. As I type this the campaign currently has 5,369 Backers and needs 9k Backers by the end of October 31 in order to move into production.

Back on September 23 the campaign had reached a high of 6,118 Backers but then started loosing them when it was announced the Early Bird Robbie Reyes (Human Form) figure would now be included. Since then Hasbro announced they would still be including the Human Form Robbie Reyes headsculpt that could be used with the regular Ghost Rider figure.

Hasbro is likely hoping that by adding the Goblin Queen and setting the goal lower than Mephisto, this will reverse things and get the campaign back on track. I guess only time will tell if it works.

Goblin-Queen-04.jpg

Goblin-Queen-03.jpg

Goblin-Queen-02.jpg

Goblin-Queen-01.jpg

smart move and shows why they don't announce all the tiers from the get-go, it allows them to make some adjustments if the campaign isn't going well. 

I'm sure there will be many complaints about how Goblin Queen's should've just been a fan channel exclusive.  

also i'm sure some x-fans will be up in arms about potentially having to shell out for this haslab to get this character. 

Anyhow i think this is wise on hasbro's part.  granted they ditched civvie Robbie so that might have allowed them to adjust the tiers, but it does leave open the possibility that Mephisto is actually final tier with a potential third tier at 11K rather than at 15K or whatever.

Overall i still think this not a product most ML fans are going to go for, but i hope for the Robbie fans backing this that it succeeds.  

I am very much against the trend I'm seeing where people are trying to convince others not to back by  claiming that if this haslab funds, hasbro will raise the prices across the board.  I do not care for the insinuation that this haslab's backers would be to blame for a future price increase. 

Hasbro is gonna do what hasbro's gonna do, and i'm pretty sure any decisions about hiking prices will be much more heavily influenced by how well $25 figures sell, moreso than this Haslab. And yet i don't see these same folks  suggesting boycotting MLs in general or that those buying figures should stop so that hasbro doesn't get any ideas about charging more.

On 10/4/2022 at 8:07 AM, tarot said:

dude they do not fudge the numbers. People who say that are usually the ones that can't accept that something it being back when they don't like it. Hasbro is actually better off not having this backed. They don't have to pay for it to be made and there by save money in the long run. They don't need to fudge the numbers.

I've liked the haslabs they had done...I've only backed 1...I do agree this shouldn't be made

Hasbro is looking very desperate with this out of nowhere reveal, remember when they were in a huff and said no more reveals, and then backtracked and gave a Robbie head, and now this, they really want this to work, this is trying to grab those X-Men fans, I have a feeling a ton of people are going to say this isn't exactly and accurate GQ, because the costume is more subdued.

I think this actually looks really good, I would love this figure, but to spend 600+ for it and a Car and fine enough Robbie Reyes, Still has to be a no, the value still isn't there, even if Mephisto was coming, still gotta pass.

On 10/4/2022 at 12:57 PM, bashpics99 said:

also i'm sure some x-fans will be up in arms about potentially having to shell out for this haslab to get this character.

Yep, I'll do it.  I'm an X-Men fan first and foremost and I was really pissed when they hinted at Goblin Queen being a tier for this HasLab because I think it's way overpriced and also not that interesting to me personally.

But now that I've seen her, they can keep her!  She looks terrible.  The costume edit is definitely number one gripe with a bullet.  It's so mind-boggling to me they felt compelled to do that when this product is such a limited release and so cost-prohibitive that it's all-but exclusive to adult collectors.  But there's so much more going on here. Or not going on, rather.  They really couldn't be bothered to sculpt the boot tops!?  Really?  That's what $350 gets you?  It's admittedly impossible to tell in a render, but hat cape looks more likely then not to be a nightmare hunk of plastic on par with Medusa's hair.  And the accessories: no little goblin servant(s)?  No telekinesis effects.  No alternate head with her eyes showing?  NO BABY NATHAN!?  No, she has to come with her signature...random skull.  As a non-backing X-fan, this is much more of a relief than it is disappointing.

If anything, these never-available-again lackluster figure tiers just let me know who I can safely add to my list of customs to work on.

Getting warmer, Hasbro. I stopped watching the clicker days ago. Is there anyone keeping track of the numbers that can tell us if this moved the needle at all? Not me personally, but I could be swayed if enough people take the dive. Of course, it they were to drop the price by a hundy I'd do it now.

How bout it @DenXMedia, did this boost the numbers?

Oop, here we go … they’re calling on all of their crackhead X collectors to get this car out the bodyshop!  😄

Now that we see Maddy Pryor, I just wonder what here would not allow her to find a release outside of this haslab? She isn’t any more exposed than the Hellfire queens we got 🤷‍♂️.
 Meh, whatever…  I wasn’t sure where I stood on this project because of the price, but they lost me completely after they revealed that unfamiliar version of Mephisto. If they’re only to do these characters this once, why wouldn’t they choose more accurate, iconic looks? 🤔

On 10/4/2022 at 1:30 PM, MeGrimlock78 said:

I am so confused.  Has Ghost Rider (ANY GR) ever even met Maddie?  If this was a Spidey HasLab, I could forgive the randomness of including an X-Villain, but this is just bonkers.  I'm not even convinced GR's hell and Maddie's (Magik's) Limbo are the same thing...

I don't think so, and if she has it certainly hasn't been enough to be considered one of his biggest foes. Looks to me like they're just bundling all these mystical/occult type characters together cuz they're afraid to try to do them anywhere else. So they basically hope to use them to push this project under fear that these figures may otherwise never see the light of day. Like I said before, they could have done any or all of these characters as Pulse or Etailer exclusives and done a mint. I mean who wouldn't pay a 50 spot for a Mephisto/Goblin Queen 2 pack right now?

On 10/4/2022 at 8:13 PM, monron999 said:

Getting warmer, Hasbro. I stopped watching the clicker days ago. Is there anyone keeping track of the numbers that can tell us if this moved the needle at all? Not me personally, but I could be swayed if enough people take the dive. Of course, it they were to drop the price by a hundy I'd do it now.

How bout it @DenXMedia, did this boost the numbers?

it was nearly 5350 and dropping before they announced this. It has gone up to 5411, so it is moving up but not by much.

On 10/4/2022 at 2:22 PM, tarot said:

it was nearly 5350 and dropping before they announced this. It has gone up to 5411, so it is moving up but not by much.

Last time I checked it, days ago, it was in the 5,400's so they've only barely fought they're way back up only slightly. So now they're scrapping and clawing to gain back only dozens of backers at a time?

Oh, I see what they did there, altering her costume. This is childish. 

Unless they eventually plan to have this for retail (back up plan?), just no excuse. 

Blatant rip off from these guys.

The Charger ITSELF should be the draw and its not. Knock off about a $100.00 and we'll talk.

For some reason, I got a perverse joy out of watching the numbers drop.  I think because I felt like it was priving fans were finally sick of Hasbro dicking us around.

Anyway, point being, between articles on here and my own checking, I WAS tracking the numbers:

Sept 23 (early bird deadline): 6,118 backers

By Sept 28 it had dropped to 5,419 backers

Sept 29 saw a slight increase to 5,452 (when Robbie head was announced)

And today it's at 5,411.

Overall it's lost 707 backers or 11.6% since the early bird deadline was not met.

Cowardly at best Hasbro!  When you're not going to release "demonic" characters, do you really have to fix the underboob?  Have you seen the Satana figure that you released just a few years ago?  I don't remember you folding because she was comic accurate. 

I'm relieved as an X collector that I'm not missing the true Goblin Queen.  I'll wait til they replace the CEO with someone who understands the fanbase better.  Til then, I'll stick with my kitbash of Emma Frost's black costume with the Dark Phoenix head

On 10/4/2022 at 9:28 PM, Silvermaen said:

Cowardly at best Hasbro!  When you're not going to release "demonic" characters, do you really have to fix the underboob?  Have you seen the Satana figure that you released just a few years ago?  I don't remember you folding because she was comic accurate. 

I'm relieved as an X collector that I'm not missing the true Goblin Queen.  I'll wait til they replace the CEO with someone who understands the fanbase better.  Til then, I'll stick with my kitbash of Emma Frost's black costume with the Dark Phoenix head

dude are you really complaining that a plastic toy doesn't have under boob? Really? Accuracy aside this isn't something you should be fighting about.

On 10/4/2022 at 3:35 PM, tarot said:

dude are you really complaining that a plastic toy doesn't have under boob? Really? Accuracy aside this isn't something you should be fighting about.

I don't think he's really fixated on the under boob, it looks more like he's pointing out something else Hasbro managed to screw up. She's been drawn several ways by several artists, but the Marc Silvestri version with the very prominent under boob is the most iconic.

And apparently it means quite a bit to the other fans too cuz the backers went back down almost like it took them a second or two to realize the change.

On 10/4/2022 at 1:09 PM, monron999 said:

I don't think he's really fixated on the under boob, it looks more like he's pointing out something else Hasbro managed to screw up. She's been drawn several ways by several artists, but the Marc Silvestri version with the very prominent under boob is the most iconic.

And apparently it means quite a bit to the other fans too cuz the backers went back down almost like it took them a second or two to realize the change.

This is the response I've also often received here, whenever I point out the inaccuracies in female figures/outfits. Remarks and comments like there's something shady about you. When people remarked that Wolverine really should be shorter than the average 6" figure, hasbro realized they were right and fixed it. Fans pointed out that Spider-Man's webbing should be black on his outfit, but they didn't get mocked for that. And why should they, they were right. This is no different. The backpack on the Silver Centurion armor, Cannonball's leg issue, Dormammu's eyes/mouth (or lack of), that ridiculous Madame Hydra figure....we should be fighting about these things, because customer feedback is how we get better and more accurate products.

I like the Goblin Queen figure. I like the Mephisto figure. I really like the Robbie Ghost Rider figure. I'd love to buy the 3 figures and I'd be willing to pay up to around $100 for just those 3 figures but I just don't want the Hell Charger enough to get the value to what they're asking, which is basically $250 more than I value the figures. Even if all of Blackheart, Satanna and Son of Satan were added to this, I still don't think I'd be willing to drop $350 + shipping for it, or at best I'd be on the fence about it. I bought Galactus, I bought 3 Sentinels (and in hindsight wish I had bought a fourth) but I just can't see me doing this one, and that's fine. If enough people do see the value, it will fund and there will be at least 3 new previously unmade Marvel Legends characters in existence.

Even if it's looking bad right now, I still somewhat expect it to fund. With only a week left last year it didn't seem like there was any way that Galactus was going to make it and he did very easily. We'll see. I think if they were aggressive and added another highly desirable previously unmade character figure at 11,000 (instead of waiting until 14k or 15k) then that might seal it for some folks and this will get done.

I have the Select Mephisto and I have a couple of different decent Madelyne customs, so if I don't get these then I won't feel like I'm missing out too badly. I've got several Ghost Rider figures and beyond the relatively unique head sculpt, Robbie is a pretty easy custom figure to do himself also.