Marvel Legends 2022 Haslab Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

Goblin Queen ( as drawn by Silvestri) was my teenage dream girl haha. I can’t say I don’t like the GQ figure, it looks sharp but it is definitely missing the “ooomph” factor that drew me in from her original design. 

Im fine with both Mephisto and Goblin if these were the figures we get. These are unmistakably those characters. 

But id need the early bird Robbie back on the table to feel good about the cost of this Haslab. Sorry, am alternate head isnt going to cut it. C’mon Hasbro, taking features away is no way to get this backed

I have been on the fence about this one. That car is quite cool, especially with the flame detailing and lights. I bet there is going to be some very cool photography with it. I'd also like to add the Mephisto and Goblin Queen figures to my stash. They both look well done. I won't get all of them without 12K backers though. That's the rub. I'd definitely feel cheated if I received the car without those two bonus figures. We'll have to see.

When Goblin Queen was announced earlier today the campaign was at 5,369 Backers. Then it saw a temporary boost and it managed to climb back over 5400 Backers. Now we are back down to 5,366 Backers. The stretch goals aren't going to save this thing because too many people dont think there is any chance they will be unlocked.  Hasbro is gonna try and show it off to people this weekend at NYCC but I don't see that really making a huge impact. Hasbro will let it runs its course till the end of October but I think its gotten to the point where you can say stick a fork in this one cause its done.

All this moving around of minor pieces is getting absolutely nothing done. Just like everything else in the corporate world these guys just keep skirting around the real issue. There will not be any major movement in this campaign until they do something about the price. I know it's a beaten dead horse at this time, but it's the truth. Between the ridiculous price tag and the fact that, as @JayCmaintains, this isn't exactly the version of GR that anyone cares all that much about and couple that with a few tier figures that aren't even comic accurate this thing has only gotten worse at every turn. And I'm not a cheap guy, I don't mind spending my money on my hobbies, but I don't like being ripped off or taken for granted either

This has actually lost backers since Maddy was shown, it's actually rolling down hill right now, I think the outrage from fans and bad talk has lead to this being a current failure, not to say this can't be revived but as of now this thing is dead in the water, it's at a very low point right now at 5, 332 backers.

I guess NYCC they will show off the last tiers to try and pull people in, I mean that's all they can do, but at this point can the stink get blown off with that? it seems like this is less about people wanting this and more about a stand against Hasbro.  This seems like a protest on price hikes and not being considerate to the consumer, it also doesn't help that so many Toy influencers are getting people on the hate train.

On 10/5/2022 at 10:11 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

".... at this point can the stink get blown off with that? it seems like this is less about people wanting this and more about a stand against Hasbro.  This seems like a protest on price hikes and not being considerate to the consumer, it also doesn't help that so many Toy influencers are getting people on the hate train.."

Well put. Can't speak for others but for me its not hate, its disgust, and justifiably so. Their greed and arrogance is uncalled for. Its been said before- these people want customers to be awed by the Logo, be consumed by FOMO.

Brand loyalty (and that has been strong on this forum) has blinded a lot of collectors. But there's no customer loyalty.  Fine. People have to realize hasbro aint their friend. No, they dont need to be an enemy either. The customer just needs to get smarter about spending their money. Recognize that this project, in particular, is not worth the money hasbro is charging and just say No. 

If it fails, even with the shenanigans hasbro is infamous for, I think we'll still see these figures later, and hopefully in their correct iconic forms too. 

On 10/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, Atlantis said:

Well put. Can't speak for others but for me its not hate, its disgust, and justifiably so. Their greed and arrogance is uncalled for. Its been said before- these people want customers to be awed by the Logo, be consumed by FOMO.

Brand loyalty (and that has been strong on this forum) has blinded a lot of collectors. But there's no customer loyalty.  Fine. People have to realize hasbro aint their friend. No, they dont need to be an enemy either. The customer just needs to get smarter about spending their money. Recognize that this project, in particular, is not worth the money hasbro is charging and just say No. 

If it fails, even with the shenanigans hasbro is infamous for, I think we'll still see these figures later, and hopefully in their correct iconic forms too. 

Yeah if this does fail or even if it succeeds in the end, I think this needs to wake up Hasbro, it likely won't be it would nice that this opened their eyes, the collectors are very important element to their Legends brand, they might think droves of parents and kids are buying these but I would bet that if they actually crunched the numbers they would see it's not even an argument that adults are the ones buying these figures as the majority, already with 3 price hikes in a year, and amazing greena and arrogance they need to see that we are the life blood, and even more so the life blood of a Haslab, nobody is backing a Haslab as a birthday gift for lil timmy, they need to hear us out, I'm not saying lower prices, that's not going to happen, once they up, they up, but give us what it's worth, not what a 20 buck figure for 30, they can't expect everyone is a blind brand loyal follower, most of us have lives, we can't say no to a electricity bill to buy a wave of figures, we deserve better after keeping this train going for 20 years. I hope they wake up to that, this isn't the mr. potatoe head market.

a car with lil led lights with a figure most don't know, isn't the same thing as a galactus, get yer head straight Hasbro. They think they can pull a fast one, people know what they are paying for.

and with the last point, honestly if it could go the right way, they should just pull the plug now on this, say oops, and get to releasing the figures in 2 packs and put em out as fan channel, Hasbro would actually make their money.

I sincerely doubt they'll pull the plug on this thing early. I truly believe them when they say they'll stick it out to the end. That being said doesn't mean they won't pull out all the stops before they STOP. I think they believe a large part of the target audience is just sitting in wait and using this bump in the road to their advantage to get Hasbro to put all their cards on the table before they pull the cord and then put a little pressure on them to lower the stakes, in tier goals, if not in overall price. Honestly, if they hit us with Blackheart and possibly Nightmare by the time Comic-con comes around and say "that's it guys, that's all we got", I could see it reach funding and beyond. Honestly, if it even heads upward of 10,000 I'll throw my hat back in the ring, if only to see how far it goes, but if we can't reach Mephisto I'll pull out at the last second. This is truly a poker game at this point.

On 10/6/2022 at 4:11 AM, monron999 said:

I sincerely doubt they'll pull the plug on this thing early. I truly believe them when they say they'll stick it out to the end. That being said doesn't mean they won't pull out all the stops before they STOP. I think they believe a large part of the target audience is just sitting in wait and using this bump in the road to their advantage to get Hasbro to put all their cards on the table before they pull the cord and then put a little pressure on them to lower the stakes, in tier goals, if not in overall price. Honestly, if they hit us with Blackheart and possibly Nightmare by the time Comic-con comes around and say "that's it guys, that's all we got", I could see it reach funding and beyond. Honestly, if it even heads upward of 10,000 I'll throw my hat back in the ring, if only to see how far it goes, but if we can't reach Mephisto I'll pull out at the last second. This is truly a poker game at this point.

Yeah they aren't going to quit before the deadline. They will hope that there will be a lot of late backers.

Hasbro's Ryan Ting has slipped up some looks at their Marvel Legends HasLab Engine of Vengeance from NYCC which officially kicks off later today. The set will be on display throughout the weekend at the Marvel booth. We should have some better quality images to share with you later today once the convention doors open.

So far the campaign continues to struggle and loose backers. As I type this the campaign is now down to 5,310 Backers. Back on September 23 the campaign had reached a high of 6,118 Backers. If it does not reach a minimum of 9k Backers by the end of October 31st then this product will not move into production. The campaign needs 10k Backers for the 6" Marvel Legends Goblin Queen figure to be included and 12k Backers for the 7" Marvel Legends Mephisto to be included.

While Hasbro themselves aren't expected to have a huge presence at this years NYCC, they are likely hoping to boost interest in this campaign by letting folks who attend the convention to see it in person.

NYCC-Ghost-Rider 2.jpg

NYCC-Ghost-Rider 3.jpg

NYCC-Ghost-Rider 4.jpg

NYCC-Ghost-Rider 5.jpg

NYCC-Ghost-Rider 6.jpg

NYCC-Ghost-Rider 7.jpg

NYCC-Ghost-Rider 8.jpg

NYCC-Ghost-Rider 9.jpg

NYCC-Ghost-Rider.jpg

If I was Hasbro, I honestly wouldn't want to take this thing out in public anywhere, Con or not.  It can't possibly be better represented in person, where people can see for themselves that it's just a plastic car and even less impressive than the images shown online.  No matter if this project funds or not, the consumer has definitely spoken.  And, while I'd like to think we've "been heard", their latest projection of a 50% revenue increase over three years is very disturbing.  That sort of benchmark for a toy company is incredibly hard to achieve in such a short period of time and can only mean more price increases.  It's also troubling that they're reaching $500 million of that with layoffs when QC issues continue to persist and we seem to be receiving less and less accessories with each new wave release.

I don't want Hasbro to fail but I think it'd be a good thing for them take a step back and gain some perspective here.  And the only way that's going to happen is with missed projections (by a considerable amount).  Unfortunately, it will take a while for the market to react.  And for retailers to realize it's not in their best interest to keep stocking $28 figures that almost inevitably end up needing to be reduced by 30% before people buy them.  This is not an oil shortage situation, this is not a "we can't sell to Russia right now" thing, it's simply price gouging.  

Shown below are images of Hasbro's Marvel Legends HasLab Engine of Vengeance which is on display this weekend at he NYCC Marvel Booth. The campaign needs a minimum 9k Backers by the end of October in order to be funded. For the 6" Marvel Legends Goblin Queen to be included it needs 10k Backers. For the 7" Marvel Legends Mephisto figure to be included it needs 12k Backers. As I type this the campaign currently has 5,304 Backers.

Thanks to Russell for getting these images to us.

Ghost-Rider-00.jpg

Ghost-Rider-01.jpg

Ghost-Rider-02.jpg

Ghost-Rider-03.jpg

Ghost-Rider-04.jpg

Ghost-Rider-05.jpg

Ghost-Rider-06.jpg

Ghost-Rider-07.jpg

Ghost-Rider-08.jpg

Ghost-Rider-09.jpg

Ghost-Rider-10.jpg

Ghost-Rider-11.jpg

Ghost-Rider-12.jpg

Ghost-Rider-13.jpg

Ghost-Rider-14.jpg

Ghost-Rider-15.jpg

Ghost-Rider-16.jpg

Ghost-Rider-17.jpg

Ghost-Rider-18.jpg

Ghost-Rider-19.jpg

Ghost-Rider-20.jpg

Ghost-Rider-21.jpg

Ghost-Rider-22.jpg

Ghost-Rider-23.jpg

Honestly seeing the in-person pics this looks less like it warrants a value of 350, just the car and robbie alone don't seem that price and paired with the "bonus" stuff which shouldn't be in the price tag to begin with, I still don't see 350 worth of product here, The Car sadly looks more lacklustre on display, the fact it's just a matte black piece it's just a lump of plastic, also the showing people Mephisto and Maddy in person kinda wrecked the magic, they look like they should and are 30 buck figures, I don't think parading this out for the people is going to change many minds, I even think it might do it all worse, this scenario seems like online dating , in the glamour pics she looked like an 8, but on the date she looked like 4.

spacer.png

On 10/6/2022 at 3:13 PM, monron999 said:

Is it just me, or does the more and more they show of this thing make anyone else want it less and less? The promo pics of the Charger were pretty decent, but this real world view makes it look more like a $20 joint you'd find at the Dollar General. Y'know, minus the "effects".

yeah as I said in my recent response above, couldn't agree more, the real sad thing is this is looking more and more like something that wouldn't even sell on a toy shelf, this whole thing robbie and charger would likely go discount after so many people passed on it, if you can't sell a full priced cool MODOK, you ain't selling this out, it almost now feels like this was the thought all along "this won't sell well in the store, no point in mass producing it, let's try this as a haslab" we have all seen great figures go deep discount quick, this looks like it would be it.

an Oillies/Big Lot exclusive. 😉

this ol boy is losing numbers since this show off at NYCC,  5,297 right now , this thing is playing limbo.

On 10/6/2022 at 1:50 PM, Hulkwummy said:

I give up, if the number of backers keep going down, then why doesn't hasbro just cancel this haslab project now and be done with, it's just not worth all this trouble. Just release Goblin Queen and Mephisto some other way.

They keep saying the same BS when it's a figure that's a really wanted figure " This is the only way this figure can/will be released".... Which I this is just a load of BS... If they wanted to they could/would find another way besides Haslabs.... I don't really think their hands are really that tied as much as they say that they are. Just my opinion.

They keep saying the same BS when it's a figure that's a really wanted figure " This is the only way this figure can/will be released".... Which I this is just a load of BS... If they wanted to they could/would find another way besides Haslabs.... I don't really think their hands are really that tied as much as they say that they are. Just my opinion.

I agree. Hasbro has already spent the money tooling new parts on these two figures. With Mephisto being on so many peoples want lists, even if this project doesn't get funded I think we see at least Mephisto, if not both figures at a regular release, (or an etailer exclusive), at some point.

Not right away mind you, since Hasbro will be P.O.ed they didn't get their way by getting a $150-$200 max value product for $350, so they will "pout" for awhile, but I do think we'll eventually see it, (or them), regardless.

On 10/6/2022 at 10:50 AM, Hulkwummy said:

I give up, if the number of backers keep going down, then why doesn't hasbro just cancel this haslab project now and be done with, it's just not worth all this trouble. Just release Goblin Queen and Mephisto some other way.

Release them yes, but not these versions. The CORRECT, original ones. Mephisto with the pinkish face, GQ in her iconic underboob top. As we can plainly see, their sanitized bs bribe version didnt work. Fans want the real deal. Mephisto can be on his own, or in a deluxe set with Dr. Strange...a crystal ball, eye of Agamotto stand, mystical scrolls and books, and a throne. GQ could also be on her own, or in  an X-Men set.  I've never bought into the "these can't be sold at retail" nonsense, but now with Pulse, AND windowless boxing, there's just no reason, no excuse, that these figures can't be done accurately.