Marvel Legends 2022 Haslab Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

On 10/7/2022 at 11:21 AM, cbwilk said:

People are going to not fund this and still be complaining in 10 years when they haven't released a Mephisto or Goblin Queen.

Oh there's quite a number of figures they haven't released in the last 15 years, more if you go back to the days of Toybiz. 

Ms. Marvel, Red Wolf, Warriors Three, Yondu, Namorita, Triton, Moondragon, Red Rajah, Gladiator, Count Nefaria, Firebrand, Equinox, Deadly Nightshade, the Griffin....I could go on and on....Mephisto and GQ are in good company, in that respect.  

WOW....you'd think by now at least half of these should've been done by now! I sure thought Ms. Marvel was coming during the Captain Marvel wave. And then when they did that Rogue/Pyro two-pack. Oh well.

People are going to not fund this and still be complaining in 10 years when they haven't released a Mephisto or Goblin Queen.

Maybe, but I don't think that many people will be lamenting the loss of the car, which is what Hasbro is supposed to be selling us. Mephisto and the Goblin Queen are supposed to be incentives, not the main focus, and really all anyone is talking about are the two figures.

I'd rather complain in 10 years that I don't have the figures, then spend $350 for a Mephisto and Goblin Queen, which is all I really would want from this offer.

On 10/7/2022 at 9:51 PM, Atlantis said:

Oh there's quite a number of figures they haven't released in the last 15 years, more if you go back to the days of Toybiz. 

Ms. Marvel, Red Wolf, Warriors Three, Yondu, Namorita, Triton, Moondragon, Red Rajah, Gladiator, Count Nefaria, Firebrand, Equinox, Deadly Nightshade, the Griffin....I could go on and on....Mephisto and GQ are in good company, in that respect.  

WOW....you'd think by now at least half of these should've been done by now! I sure thought Ms. Marvel was coming during the Captain Marvel wave. And then when they did that Rogue/Pyro two-pack. Oh well.

Yeah, There are so many characters than have never gotten a Figure let alone a Marvel legends.

On 10/7/2022 at 1:47 PM, Amazing_Spidey said:

"...Maybe, but I don't think that many people will be lamenting the loss of the Car, which is what Hasbro is supposed to be selling us.

Exactly. This and the outrageous price is the main reason this thing is failing. Understand that for me, any haslab is a greedy and unnecessary price grab. However, if its gonna be done....This car was a poor choice! They take the fans for granted and don't listen, because if a vehicle was gonna be the item, fans have been asking about others; this one was low, very low, on the list. 

No, for fans of the Reyes Ghost Rider, this is not a slam about your taste. Its simply that some things click with fans more than others. I'm an Avengers fan through and through, but I know that in a choice between the Quinjet and the Blackbird, the X-Men's jet is gonna be at the top. Hasbo has got to start reading the room....they've been on this line too long to be making bonehead moves like this.

On 10/8/2022 at 5:44 AM, Atlantis said:

Exactly. This and the outrageous price is the main reason this thing is failing. Understand that for me, any haslab is a greedy and unnecessary price grab. However, if its gonna be done....This car was a poor choice! They take the fans for granted and don't listen, because if a vehicle was gonna be the item, fans have been asking about others; this one was low, very low, on the list. 

No, for fans of the Reyes Ghost Rider, this is not a slam about your taste. Its simply that some things click with fans more than others. I'm an Avengers fan through and through, but I know that in a choice between the Quinjet and the Blackbird, the X-Men's jet is gonna be at the top. Hasbo has got to start reading the room....they've been on this line too long to be making bonehead moves like this.

A Quinjet would probably have worked, but the X-Men Blackbird even in a fudged scale would have been too big to be feasible and keep its proportions from getting too toyish. People did ask for the Hell Charger. But that's not what that car is. It almost is at a glance, but multiple details have been changed to make it NOT a Charger (so that Hasbro doesn't have to pay a fee to Chrysler, I'm sure). Couple that with a price tag that I'm sure no one who asked for the car anticipated - I sure didn't expect $350 for a generic Charger-like knockoff pretty much all by itself - and it was doomed to fail. I don't know if it's the Marvel team directly, or their bosses, but soon they're going to learn a lesson that they should have learned when the Rancor failed, which is a lesson that should have been reinforced after the spectacular failure of Reva's lightsaber: If the value isn't there, people won't spend the money.

On 10/8/2022 at 2:44 AM, Atlantis said:

I don't think the Sentinel or Galactus projects were greedy or money grabs. They were absolutely incredible designs, they were massive in scale, and they wouldn't have worked as well at retail.  Haslabs are tricky though. People wentback and forth about the Quinjet, the Punisher Van, the Hell Charger, the Fantastic Four vehicle, but Sentinel and Galactus didn't really have that debate - they were the right projects!

I want the figures, all three of them, I'll even take the car, but not at that price. Put those figures and what I assume would have also been a Blackheart and another figure, maybe Helstrom in one of those Amazon 5 packs and I'll by that thing yesterday. This was just a bad move for a Haslab on Hasbro's part. Not a bad set, cuz I'm betting there would be plenty of people willing to pay $70 to $100 for the set, but this was just blatant disrespect to the fan base.

So even it this fails, and it will fail, they are still looking to next year. I hope they get back to doing "Giant" figures again. Giant Man is way past due for an update and though we basically got him as a bonus back in the Toybiz days, if Hasbro does it right and they include some pretty cool tiers, like Yellowjacket, Safari Pym, maybe another Wasp in an alternate costume, and maybe redo that Dogface Ultron from back in the day they could have a winner. 

Yes, the set is expensive. Inflation. Price of plastic. Maybe the number is the right price point for the costs of materials. Either way, it feels expensive. One big problem is that consumers, such as myself, are going to want the car and all figures if we are going to shell out that big price point. Because of the nature of the Haslab offerings, it seems doubtful we are going to even get the tier 1 figure at this point. The confidence is gone. They came out of a strong play with the Robby human figure. It wound up backfiring. No one is going to want the car without the bonus figures and that is what is looking likely at this point. People lost confidence in this one, which is shame because the car looks good, as do the figures shown. I wonder if it would have worked out different if Robby had been a regular tier and/or the price point was $299?

On 10/10/2022 at 11:55 AM, Psychosomatic said:

I don't think the Sentinel or Galactus projects were greedy or money grabs. They were absolutely incredible designs, they were massive in scale, and they wouldn't have worked as well at retail.  Haslabs are tricky though. People wentback and forth about the Quinjet, the Punisher Van, the Hell Charger, the Fantastic Four vehicle, but Sentinel and Galactus didn't really have that debate - they were the right projects!

Agreed. I happily paid the asking price for the Sentinel and for Galactus. Didn't even need the bonus figures (though happy to have them of course). The car plus one figure just isn't worth anywhere near the price they've set. 

Once the Sentinel got announced I immediately knew what I was hoping to get from these Haslabs--Sentinel, Galactus and Surtur.

If we get those 3 I will be thrilled. If they make Devil Dinosaur I'm in--though I think it's not likely.

Fin Fang Foom would be a maybe for me. Pretty happy with the BAF.

On 10/11/2022 at 12:46 AM, ransomz said:

Yes, the set is expensive. Inflation. Price of plastic. Maybe the number is the right price point for the costs of materials. Either way, it feels expensive. One big problem is that consumers, such as myself, are going to want the car and all figures if we are going to shell out that big price point. Because of the nature of the Haslab offerings, it seems doubtful we are going to even get the tier 1 figure at this point. The confidence is gone. They came out of a strong play with the Robby human figure. It wound up backfiring. No one is going to want the car without the bonus figures and that is what is looking likely at this point. People lost confidence in this one, which is shame because the car looks good, as do the figures shown. I wonder if it would have worked out different if Robby had been a regular tier and/or the price point was $299?

I think they shouldn't have bothered with the Robbie Figure and just included the interchangeable parts from the start, after all they did it for the car. That might have also helped reduce the price

On 10/10/2022 at 7:55 AM, Psychosomatic said:

"I don't think the Sentinel or Galactus projects were greedy or money grabs. They were absolutely incredible designs, they were massive in scale, and they wouldn't have worked as well at retail..." 

Designs were great, never had a problem with that. But they weren't worth the money that was charged (that's moot now, because the people that wanted them, bought them) and large items (vehicles, sets, etc) are regularly sold at retail. Hasbro is a multi billion dollar company- they don't need to do "crowd funding". At any rate I just hope the team wakes up from this. Not every project can or should be in some $300.00 or $400.00 range. Release the figures (CORRECTED this time) at some future date on Pulse or something, learn and move on.

Look at what Mattel is giving fans for $200 more - a 3 foot by 4 foot playset with electronics and more features than I can count. And up to three figures, (depending on how many tiers are unlocked - and if you back early).

With a massive, extensive, set like Eternia priced at $550, it makes a car with three and a quarter figures priced at $350 look really over priced.

I think its time for new leadership in the design of these figs Dwight Stahl is the designer well he's had a history of making horrible mistakes with the Marvel Legends line .   This Item or items are really not indemand & the Mephisto fig looks so mediocre but it will have to do . All I want is the Mephisto , Think about it ,  Mephisto in the whole history of the Marvel Legends line have NEVER! been made until now (Where the hell have they been?) and in order to get him you have to spend an outrageous amt of money for it ???? 

Now if you look at the horrible designs for figs like the new Sentry , baf Mr Hyde , The ORB (Bucky Cap mold again) The Watcher , baf Odin , & the just re released same old 10 yr old baf Terrax the Tamer , I can to on and on and on with the terrible body molds hes designed for such iconic Marvel Characters.  There are good designs like 80th anniversary Captain America , Thor , Iron Man , The Thing , Doctor Doom and God Doom , & Retro Spiderman which means he can make better designs of body mold and art detail in these figs but He will not do it . And to like not offer Mephisto alone is really dumb being Mephisto is such an important iconic character thats been left out the whole time . The Sentry they just released is just atrocious crap I ever seen . Hasbro needs to either reassign him somewhere else or cut him loose . He and his cohorts keep dishing out poor quality in art work , articulation , paint selection in the Marvel legends line 

On 10/13/2022 at 2:02 AM, superiorspidermanfan said:

I think its time for new leadership in the design of these figs Dwight Stahl is the designer well he's had a history of making horrible mistakes with the Marvel Legends line .   This Item or items are really not indemand & the Mephisto fig looks so mediocre but it will have to do . All I want is the Mephisto , Think about it ,  Mephisto in the whole history of the Marvel Legends line have NEVER! been made until now (Where the hell have they been?) and in order to get him you have to spend an outrageous amt of money for it ???? 

Now if you look at the horrible designs for figs like the new Sentry , baf Mr Hyde , The ORB (Bucky Cap mold again) The Watcher , baf Odin , & the just re released same old 10 yr old baf Terrax the Tamer , I can to on and on and on with the terrible body molds hes designed for such iconic Marvel Characters.  There are good designs like 80th anniversary Captain America , Thor , Iron Man , The Thing , Doctor Doom and God Doom , & Retro Spiderman which means he can make better designs of body mold and art detail in these figs but He will not do it . And to like not offer Mephisto alone is really dumb being Mephisto is such an important iconic character thats been left out the whole time . The Sentry they just released is just atrocious crap I ever seen . Hasbro needs to either reassign him somewhere else or cut him loose . He and his cohorts keep dishing out poor quality in art work , articulation , paint selection in the Marvel legends line 

Dude if it wasn't for Dwight and the rest of his team, Marvel Legends would have never have returned. Hasbro wasn't invested in the line. They only allowed Dwight and the team to relaunch it after fan demands. Dwight makes great decisions. if it wasn't for him and the team we wouldn't have the line at all.

Also Sentry you keep bringing up? yeah I have the figure and it's the best representation of the character ever. You keep thinking he should be bigger but he is not bigger then Cap or other people who use that body. 

On 10/12/2022 at 9:04 PM, tarot said:

Dude if it wasn't for Dwight and the rest of his team, Marvel Legends would have never have returned. Hasbro wasn't invested in the line. They only allowed Dwight and the team to relaunch it after fan demands. Dwight makes great decisions. if it wasn't for him and the team we wouldn't have the line at all.

Also Sentry you keep bringing up? yeah I have the figure and it's the best representation of the character ever. You keep thinking he should be bigger but he is not bigger then Cap or other people who use that body. 

Oh spare me the talking points and rhetoric and the joke about the crappy Senty figure just released Dwight and the rest of those bafoons have been dishing out pure GARBAGE . Your actually gonna tell me that the Sentry is the " best representation" of the character ? Are you serious ?????? thats a joke it looks a BABY TOY compared to figs like 80th anniversary Cap & Thor . They have the means to make the Sentry so much more like the comics & that joke of a fig is NOT like the comics. Its people like you that keep this crap going by ass kissing them . I dont blame Hasbro from cancelling Marvel Legends bcz of the crappy product Dwight keeps designing . Explain to me how genius is it to put Mr Hyde who is an athletic brute force beast (that in the comics Mr Hyde is very very AGILE ) in a KINGPIN body mold . I mean ARE YOU SERIOUS ????? is that a "great decision" ???   Shall I go on let me proceed. You want to know waht a perfect body mold is ? Walgreens Exclusive Namor is by far PERFECTION at its finest they can do it like Namor's body mold but wont  . And you state that the new Sentry is the best representation of character dude put your glasses on . The Sentry has a superior physical shape in the comics dont you dare lecture me about representation of a character bcz you just lost all credibility in that comment . Putting a grim reaper body mold on THE SENTRY ????? LMAO !!!! Theres no detail in the cape bright bright yellow is kind of color you would use on a kindergartener .  I will never put a fig like that next to my ML 80th anniversary Cap , Thor or retro Spiderman . Heres an idea why doesnt the Sentry HAVE HIS OWN DISTINCT BODY MOLD ????? Did you see the new ML Orb ? did you see the body mold they are using ????? that crappy outdated Bucky Cap mold ??? WTF dude ? I can go on and on and on about the crap they keep dishing out how after all these years going to come out with Mephisto only to put him in a GR haslab overpriced project . I mean imagine if they just released Mephisto by itself you would have a very very hard time finding him bcz he would be selling off the shelves because he is beyond past due.  I dont waht that version of GR I dont want the car . All i need is Mephisto heck his body mold & paint job is far better than the Sentry's its not perfect LIKE IT SHOULD but he'll have to do since ML never produced one 

wow a lot of ranting there.  but of course the real question will be whether posters like this put their money where their mouth is and boycott this Sentry figure to show their displeasure, or whether they are all talk and in the end will shell out for the supposedly not-up-to-snuff version of the figure.  I suspect most collectors who want a Sentry figure will buy this version despite any misgivings they have about grim reaper mold or whatever

sentry ain't cap or thor, the character doesn't merit  fancy premium anniversary editions like those characters have gotten.

not interested in rehashing ancient debates about mr hyde or bucky cap mold etc

On 10/13/2022 at 5:57 AM, superiorspidermanfan said:

Oh spare me the talking points and rhetoric and the joke about the crappy Senty figure just released Dwight and the rest of those bafoons have been dishing out pure GARBAGE . Your actually gonna tell me that the Sentry is the " best representation" of the character ? Are you serious ?????? thats a joke it looks a BABY TOY compared to figs like 80th anniversary Cap & Thor . They have the means to make the Sentry so much more like the comics & that joke of a fig is NOT like the comics. Its people like you that keep this crap going by ass kissing them . I dont blame Hasbro from cancelling Marvel Legends bcz of the crappy product Dwight keeps designing . Explain to me how genius is it to put Mr Hyde who is an athletic brute force beast (that in the comics Mr Hyde is very very AGILE ) in a KINGPIN body mold . I mean ARE YOU SERIOUS ????? is that a "great decision" ???   Shall I go on let me proceed. You want to know waht a perfect body mold is ? Walgreens Exclusive Namor is by far PERFECTION at its finest they can do it like Namor's body mold but wont  . And you state that the new Sentry is the best representation of character dude put your glasses on . The Sentry has a superior physical shape in the comics dont you dare lecture me about representation of a character bcz you just lost all credibility in that comment . Putting a grim reaper body mold on THE SENTRY ????? LMAO !!!! Theres no detail in the cape bright bright yellow is kind of color you would use on a kindergartener .  I will never put a fig like that next to my ML 80th anniversary Cap , Thor or retro Spiderman . Heres an idea why doesnt the Sentry HAVE HIS OWN DISTINCT BODY MOLD ????? Did you see the new ML Orb ? did you see the body mold they are using ????? that crappy outdated Bucky Cap mold ??? WTF dude ? I can go on and on and on about the crap they keep dishing out how after all these years going to come out with Mephisto only to put him in a GR haslab overpriced project . I mean imagine if they just released Mephisto by itself you would have a very very hard time finding him bcz he would be selling off the shelves because he is beyond past due.  I dont waht that version of GR I dont want the car . All i need is Mephisto heck his body mold & paint job is far better than the Sentry's its not perfect LIKE IT SHOULD but he'll have to do since ML never produced one 

Dial it waaaaay back, there. People are entitled to their opinions. People are entitled to disagree. You're getting personal and a bit insulting there. If you have criticism of Hasbro and the Marvel Team, that's fine, but don't attack members or moderators and treat everyone here with respect.

So looking at the current numbers with 19 days left, Robbie & His Car are at 5,170, I think this is the lowest it's been since this Campaign Started, do we think this is just not going to happen? or is there anyway they pull this out of the mud and get everyone on board last minute, can a Blackheart save it? would anything save this? or has the community spoken, this isn't what they want and at the price being offered?

On 10/13/2022 at 10:43 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

So looking at the current numbers with 19 days left, Robbie & His Car are at 5,170, I think this is the lowest it's been since this Campaign Started, do we think this is just not going to happen? or is there anyway they pull this out of the mud and get everyone on board last minute, can a Blackheart save it? would anything save this? or has the community spoken, this isn't what they want and at the price being offered?

I don't think they believe it deserves to be saved. Habsro needs to start learning from the failures of the Rancor, the Reva lightsaber, that they need to provide value for what the fans want. There were a lot of excuses given (if you've seen the Boog interview from yesterday), but if they're not gonna change their behavior, then the community has no reason to support this kind of thing. Hasbro is just waiting to see the fans blink....we'll see what happens. 

On 10/13/2022 at 4:57 PM, Atlantis said:

I don't think they believe it deserves to be saved. Habsro needs to start learning from the failures of the Rancor, the Reva lightsaber, that they need to provide value for what the fans want. There were a lot of excuses given (if you've seen the Boog interview from yesterday), but if they're not gonna change their behavior, then the community has no reason to support this kind of thing. Hasbro is just waiting to see the fans blink....we'll see what happens. 

I watched that interview. Ryan got kinda pissed there.

On 10/13/2022 at 1:32 PM, Satam said:

I watched that interview. Ryan got kinda pissed there.

Yeah....think Boog asked some harder questions than they were prepped for. Thing is their bosses could've told them to say one thing, and then after they say it, corporate comes out and says/does the opposite. So I can see its probably frustrating. Still, they say they're listening....time will tell.