Marvel Legends 2022 Haslab Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

On 10/13/2022 at 4:51 AM, bashpics99 said:

wow a lot of ranting there.  but of course the real question will be whether posters like this put their money where their mouth is and boycott this Sentry figure to show their displeasure, or whether they are all talk and in the end will shell out for the supposedly not-up-to-snuff version of the figure.  I suspect most collectors who want a Sentry figure will buy this version despite any misgivings they have about grim reaper mold or whatever

sentry ain't cap or thor, the character doesn't merit  fancy premium anniversary editions like those characters have gotten.

not interested in rehashing ancient debates about mr hyde or bucky cap mold etc

Agree with you on collectors using their money better. It does no good to legit gripe about a figure, but then buy it anyway.  Great point. However I do think every figure they do should get the best, most accurate treatment possible. Hasbro's been doing this for too long to not get it right. 

On 10/13/2022 at 7:16 PM, Atlantis said:

Yeah....think Boog asked some harder questions than they were prepped for. Thing is their bosses could've told them to say one thing, and then after they say it, corporate comes out and says/does the opposite. So I can see its probably frustrating. Still, they say they're listening....time will tell. 

Boog always asks tough questions. If Ryan wasn't prepared to field them, it makes me wonder what the rest of his weekend was like. As the brand manager, I gotta assume this whole campaign has been running him ragged. He's usually much more composed.

On 10/13/2022 at 10:10 AM, Satam said:

Dial it waaaaay back, there. People are entitled to their opinions. People are entitled to disagree. You're getting personal and a bit insulting there. If you have criticism of Hasbro and the Marvel Team, that's fine, but don't attack members or moderators and treat everyone here with respect.

Ofcourse but it goes both ways . That "Dude" comment reply directed towards me was not so respectful either on his part . You dont go to a stranger calling them "dude" and expect respect back. Doesnt work that way in the real world . Now if he would have a addressed me like " I disagree" or " I like that figure and I think Dwight is doing a great job " then thats fine . But this person chose a not so respectful reply . Maybe you should address that to the other party next time someone like me wants to express an opinion 

On 10/13/2022 at 7:51 AM, bashpics99 said:

wow a lot of ranting there.  but of course the real question will be whether posters like this put their money where their mouth is and boycott this Sentry figure to show their displeasure, or whether they are all talk and in the end will shell out for the supposedly not-up-to-snuff version of the figure.  I suspect most collectors who want a Sentry figure will buy this version despite any misgivings they have about grim reaper mold or whatever

sentry ain't cap or thor, the character doesn't merit  fancy premium anniversary editions like those characters have gotten.

not interested in rehashing ancient debates about mr hyde or bucky cap mold etc

Call it what you want . Ive been collecting ML for 20 yrs now and I stopped buying figs that were'nt worth the price I've paid only to have to throw them away later that ship has sailed long time ago . So I do put my money with my mouth is its obvious from my comment . I will not buy figs that are poor quality and dont look nothing like the character in the comics But like i stated in my comments I do buy figs that are worth buying like the Cap , Thor , retro Spidey , Hydra Cap fig two pack , Walgreens Namor , ML Thing , Doom etc & its not "supposedly" its fact . I'm not alone in my opinions I have see Youtubers , other comments agreeing to what I've been saying all along . I want all my figs i pay for to be well painted , articulated,  up to date , perfection as the others.... The Sentry is a worthy character that meets the "merit" you referred to like all the other figs . Hes been around for over 3 decades so I dont know what you mean there . I have waited and hoped for ML to produce figs like Mr Hyde , The Sentry , Superior Spiderman that are worth the money I pay for only to see the molds or choice of paint that looked horrible & didnt make sense . Now over recent years I collected great sculpted and well painted figs with perfect articulations and perfect body molds like ML Deadpool , baf Sasquatch , baf The Absorbing Man etc but the vast majority of the figs i didnt buy just could not compare in Quality to those . For my money I'm gonna buy figs that I'm going to keep for a long long time not poorly painted constructed , legs too short (Sentry) odd looking figs that im going to end up throwing away . 

On 10/13/2022 at 9:43 PM, superiorspidermanfan said:

Ofcourse but it goes both ways . That "Dude" comment reply directed towards me was not so respectful either on his part . You dont go to a stranger calling them "dude" and expect respect back. Doesnt work that way in the real world . Now if he would have a addressed me like " I disagree" or " I like that figure and I think Dwight is doing a great job " then thats fine . But this person chose a not so respectful reply . Maybe you should address that to the other party next time someone like me wants to express an opinion 

"Dude" is what set you off? Really? I didn't even see, that, I find it so innocuous, especially in comparison to your response.  A disagreement is not an invitation for a fight, and a perceived slight is not justification to get insulting. You don't get to dictate who gets respect around here and when. And I really don't appreciate the push back. Best move would have been to respond to me with an "okay" or not to say anything at all and let it go. I suggest you take some time to think about whether you want to be a part of this forum, since you seem to have trouble dealing with the most basic rule we have.

On 10/13/2022 at 3:56 PM, Satam said:

Boog always asks tough questions. If Ryan wasn't prepared to field them, it makes me wonder what the rest of his weekend was like. As the brand manager, I gotta assume this whole campaign has been running him ragged. He's usually much more composed.

Yep, thats it and the thing is they knew full well this wasnt going well and shouldve been better prepared. People think I'M hard on Legends?  Look at the majority of these reviewers out here; they've been DISMANTLING this 'lab, over and over.

Actually hasbo shouldve just ended the campaign already, learn what went wrong, Listen to Fans from now on, and move on from there. There really isn't anything wrong with saying "this didn't work, I see my error, I'll do better in the future". In fact I guarantee you, fans would've appreciated THAT more than anything. 

You messed up, honestly apologized, and worked to make it right? You get a customer for life from me.

On 10/14/2022 at 5:26 AM, Atlantis said:

Yep, thats it and the thing is they knew full well this wasnt going well and shouldve been better prepared. People think I'M hard on Legends?  Look at the majority of these reviewers out here; they've been DISMANTLING this 'lab, over and over.

Actually hasbo shouldve just ended the campaign already, learn what went wrong, Listen to Fans from now on, and move on from there. There really isn't anything wrong with saying "this didn't work, I see my error, I'll do better in the future". In fact I guarantee you, fans would've appreciated THAT more than anything. 

You messed up, honestly apologized, and worked to make it right? You get a customer for life from me.

They won't cancel it because they are probably now banking on a load of last minute backers which has saved a number of HasLabs, though none of them required thousands to push it over

I think it's so sad at this point how dead this campaign is 4,995 backers, and on a steady decline, I imagine even many people who wanted this and had backed it, are just cancelled because they know it's not going to get greenlit to produce anyways so whats the point.

instead of a car, they should just put Robbie Reyes riding the Rancor, Monster of Star Vengeance.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:32 PM, Satam said:

I watched that interview. Ryan got kinda pissed there.

Yeah, I like Boog. He's a real fan and he has a lot of the same concerns and questions the rest of us fans have. He doesn't shy away from asking the tough questions. ShartimusPrime tries to act like he goes hard but the second someone from the brand team gets a little agro he transforms into BobbleheadPrime. Hounding them for 10 years about double jointed female elbows doesn't make you hard hitting it just makes you persistent about  something you want. He finally got it now he's back to simping for everything they do. Correction, he still whines about the Bucky Cap mold, a little. I'm sure Boog probably got himself blackballed from future interviews but he gained a lot of respect in the process because his subscription rate is going up.

On 10/21/2022 at 5:39 PM, Tommygun said:

I find it hilarious how confident some were that this was going to meet and exceed the goals, and now that it’s almost a sure dud, those people are glazing over that fact. 

A lot of them bought the spin. Hasbo told them the other projects were $300.00+ so this had to be as well. Those fans didn't think for themselves or dared to admit that the king had no clothes;  if they were honest from the jump, they would've said "I like it, I want it, but this is just not worth what you're charging (no pun intended there, mate)" instead.

At the same time, it must be acknowledged that fans/collectors have to shoulder some blame for the greed as well. The hasblo money changers see the fans buying the other haslabs, the over-priced and often incorrect figures of the Legends line, giving into the scalpers, etc. and they figure they can charge pretty much what they want. 

On 10/22/2022 at 12:43 AM, Atlantis said:

A lot of them bought the spin. Hasbo told them the other projects were $300.00+ so this had to be as well. Those fans didn't think for themselves or dared to admit that the king had no clothes;  if they were honest from the jump, they would've said "I like it, I want it, but this is just not worth what you're charging (no pun intended there, mate)" instead.

At the same time, it must be acknowledged that fans/collectors have to shoulder some blame for the greed as well. The hasblo money changers see the fans buying the other haslabs, the over-priced and often incorrect figures of the Legends line, giving into the scalpers, etc. and they figure they can charge pretty much what they want. 

Agreed. Collectively, we have a habit of rewarding their bad behaviour all too often. Many a holy crusade of a stance I'd made in the past vanished in a puff of smoke upon seeing the product in question in person and then buying it anyway (thinking it looked cool after all, or getting it to customize...which of course is still a sale for them)....and then of course not telling anyone that I got it, lol. However, the prices of these things now is making it a lot easier to just say no. 

Any how, I'm waiting to see how this ends before saying more on the Haslab phenomenon. But...what I will say is that if this does indeed go the way it's looking, I just hope Hasbro doesn't go all Potty-Pants about Mephisto, and tell us tough beans about never getting him. Finding a way to make him available would be a nice Olive branch for their hubris (BAF or Pulse Exclusive).

On 10/22/2022 at 6:16 AM, Air-Walker said:

Agreed. Collectively, we have a habit of rewarding their bad behaviour all too often. Many a holy crusade of a stance I'd made in the past vanished in a puff of smoke upon seeing the product in question in person and then buying it anyway (thinking it looked cool after all, or getting it to customize...which of course is still a sale for them)....and then of course not telling anyone that I got it, lol. However, the prices of these things now is making it a lot easier to just say no. 

Any how, I'm waiting to see how this ends before saying more on the Haslab phenomenon. But...what I will say is that if this does indeed go the way it's looking, I just hope Hasbro doesn't go all Potty-Pants about Mephisto, and tell us tough beans about never getting him. Finding a way to make him available would be a nice Olive branch for their hubris (BAF or Pulse Exclusive).

They are going to say that this was the only chance to get Mephisto and Goblin Queen in those forms as they have stated already in interviews. Of course that shouldn't stop them from releasing some of their less problematic looks. Stillt hat was one of the problems with this HasLab, they were banking on the Tiers being some of the 'Forbidden' figures instead of having characters that would be more associated with Ghost Rider and Robbie.

On 10/22/2022 at 4:12 AM, leokearon said:

They are going to say that this was the only chance to get Mephisto and Goblin Queen in those forms as they have stated already in interviews. Of course that shouldn't stop them from releasing some of their less problematic looks. Stillt hat was one of the problems with this HasLab, they were banking on the Tiers being some of the 'Forbidden' figures instead of having characters that would be more associated with Ghost Rider and Robbie.

The thing is, they’ve already gone back on their word multiple times with this Haslab. So, theoretically they can still release any tiers as figures in the future assuming this stays the course it’s on and doesn’t get funded. 

On 10/22/2022 at 11:22 AM, Tommygun said:

The thing is, they’ve already gone back on their word multiple times with this Haslab. So, theoretically they can still release any tiers as figures in the future assuming this stays the course it’s on and doesn’t get funded. 

Yeah if they can get approval from the higher ups which they have stated as been a problem with these characters for years.

Furthermore, when it seemed that Galactus wasn't getting funded, they did state that it could be a few years for the likes of Nova to be made if it wasn't backed. Here they have stated these figures won't get a release.

Still there are other versions of these characters that might be less problematic for the higher ups.

On 10/22/2022 at 6:46 AM, leokearon said:

Yeah if they can get approval from the higher ups which they have stated as been a problem with these characters for years.

Furthermore, when it seemed that Galactus wasn't getting funded, they did state that it could be a few years for the likes of Nova to be made if it wasn't backed. Here they have stated these figures won't get a release.

Still there are other versions of these characters that might be less problematic for the higher ups.

I guess at the end of the day, my point is, I take everything they say with a grain of salt. They’ve proven to be able to “adjust” what they’ve said or outright ignore it. 

On 10/22/2022 at 11:54 AM, Tommygun said:

I guess at the end of the day, my point is, I take everything they say with a grain of salt. They’ve proven to be able to “adjust” what they’ve said or outright ignore it. 

True, the only way to know for sure is if they ever do get released 

On 10/22/2022 at 2:54 AM, Tommygun said:

You said it. Take the explanation they gave for Omega Sentinel, for example. They get their info on characters from Google Image search? Outrageous! No, you can't rely on what they say. 

Sometimes thats a good thing though. 

On 10/22/2022 at 10:29 AM, Atlantis said:

You said it. Take the explanation they gave for Omega Sentinel, for example. They get their info on characters from Google Image search? Outrageous! No, you can't rely on what they say. 

Sometimes thats a good thing though. 

What was the issue with omega sentinel? I’m not familiar with that character.