Marvel Legends 2022 Haslab Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

I wanna say there's no way they can avoid doing a Mephisto character anymore as he's set to become a major (I hope) antagonist in the MCU, but something tells me that Mephisasha is gonna be something more of a business type Multimillionaire guy in a suit and tie and we'll never actually see any kind of demonic presentation. I'm almost certain the MCU Mephisto will be nothing like the comic version.

But, as everyone has pointed out they're really good at putting frosting on dog isht and telling us it's cake. They act like this is the only way they can do "Satan" and Goblin Queen, a G rated one at that, but I call BS. If they can do it as Haslab they can sure as hell do it as Fan Channel or Etailer exclusives. They just gotta learn that holding our feet over the fire isn't gonna get them anywhere anymore, especially for the prices we're paying. I think we made a good stand here and hopefully they learn from this. Ain't no way in hell anyone can convince me there was even half the design involved in either the Sentinel or Galactus projects. "Inside design" my ayass. As a tooling planner, I promise, if you were to lay a flat surface plan, akin to the orange peel map of the earth, of the Hell charger, inside and out, against just the exterior one of either the Sentinel or Galactus, it would be nowhere near as complex.

The idea that they try to confuse us with all kinds of doubletalk and collusion and we are somehow incapable of understanding the complexity of how a toy is produced is not only insulting, but asinine.

On 10/23/2022 at 1:37 AM, monron999 said:

I wanna say there's no way they can avoid doing a Mephisto character anymore as he's set to become a major (I hope) antagonist in the MCU, but something tells me that Mephisasha is gonna be something more of a business type Multimillionaire guy in a suit and tie and we'll never actually see any kind of demonic presentation. I'm almost certain the MCU Mephisto will be nothing like the comic version.

But, as everyone has pointed out they're really good at putting frosting on dog isht and telling us it's cake. They act like this is the only way they can do "Satan" and Goblin Queen, a G rated one at that, but I call BS. If they can do it as Haslab they can sure as hell do it as Fan Channel or Etailer exclusives. They just gotta learn that holding our feet over the fire isn't gonna get them anywhere anymore, especially for the prices we're paying. I think we made a good stand here and hopefully they learn from this. Ain't no way in hell anyone can convince me there was even half the design involved in either the Sentinel or Galactus projects. "Inside design" my ayass. As a tooling planner, I promise, if you were to lay a flat surface plan, akin to the orange peel map of the earth, of the Hell charger, inside and out, against just the exterior one of either the Sentinel or Galactus, it would be nowhere near as complex.

The idea that they try to confuse us with all kinds of doubletalk and collusion and we are somehow incapable of understanding the complexity of how a toy is produced is not only insulting, but asinine.

yeah, I'm struggling to see how this is supposed to have the same amount of time, tooling, design and engineering as either the Sentinel or Galactus. Heck I'm sure that Victory Saber has more and that's roughly 150 quid cheaper.

Still less than a week to go and just over half the backers needed, unless a miracle happens I don't see this being backed

With his true allegiances always in question, Daimon Hellstrom straddles the line between both worlds, sometimes protecting Earth from evil - but most often operating in the interests of hell. Another first for the Marvel Legends line, Daimon Hellstrom has a premium comics-inspired design, including the Darksoul insignia on his chest, and comes with his otherworldly trident accessory and two alternate hands!
If the Marvel Legends Engine of Vengeance HasLab project reaches 11,000 total backers before the campaign ends on October 31st, 2022, this Marvel Legends 6-inch scale figure will be added for all backers. See HasbroPulse.com for more details!

Damien.1.jpg

Damien.2.jpg

Damien.3.jpg

Damien.4.jpg

On 10/27/2022 at 11:51 PM, Hulkwummy said:

This last tier is not gonna do any good, we coming dangerously close the the deadline and this Ghost Rider Haslab project is doomed to fail, and I blame all the turncoats who bailed on this thing.

Turncoats? dude this is a haslab project not a government election. With that price they were lucky to get the numbers they have now. Most have bailed because of the price and / or knowing  it won't be backed. Hell it's even dropping faster then before.

I really want Daimon and Goblin Queen, and I’d support it at this level if I thought it would fund. I would be happy to have Robbie and Mephisto — right now the only thing stopping me from supporting again is that I don’t think it’s going to fund. If there were a little momentum i’m in. If they extended it a few weeks, or lowered the price just a little it would have a better chance imo. 

On 10/27/2022 at 3:14 PM, Hulkwummy said:

Still if and when it fails, we're not gonna get all the figures in this Haslab project for a very very long time, no Robbie Rayes Ghost Rider, no Goblin Queen, no Damien Hellstorm, and defiantly no Mephisto.

None of the figures are worth it, if the price is some ridiculous "allegiance" or "loyalty" to hasbro. Loyalty is a two way street, and thus far they havent shown that to the fans.

At this point, if they adamantly refuse to make those figures, then it just underscores what we've been saying- hasbro is not your friend. Its an "eff you" to the fans because there is nothing keeping them from presenting them in another format. Any company that does that, does not deserve loyalty, and does not deserve your dollar. Instead of listening to what fans wanted- the people who actually BUY their products- they went to all-greed mode. 

The people you call turncoats? Maybe they're just intelligent consumers who refused to buy just anything hasbro puts out, at any price. 

On 10/27/2022 at 3:51 PM, Hulkwummy said:

This last tier is not gonna do any good, we coming dangerously close the the deadline and this Ghost Rider Haslab project is doomed to fail, and I blame all the turncoats who bailed on this thing.

Turncoat here.  You're welcome.  

On 10/27/2022 at 4:51 PM, Hulkwummy said:

I pay $844.93 for the Haslab Sentinel and I didn't even back it, and believe you me it was worth every penny of that money, and I'm more than willing the pay money in the tripple digits for the Haslab Galactus. So please don't tell me that these figure are not worth it, I just want Mephisto, nothing more, nothing less.

If you want to over-pay for your plastic, that's your decision.  But don't shame other people for not wanting to do the same.  For the amount that you're (allegedly) willing to pay, you could probably have someone custom the thing for you and at better qualify than what you'd get from the Haslab.  

I'm still pledged, even if I highly doubt it's going to go through.  Is it overpriced?  At the base level...somewhat.  I know collectors are often in denial that producers costs ever rise, but seriously...producers costs have risen.  A lot. Not just in the toy industry.  The toy industry also tends to suffer from whiplash effects where they try to keep the price down for a bit longer than they ought to and then have to do rapid/high increases over multiple years to "catch up" especially in a time of high inflation and (again) rising costs.  Especially true for a product that will have a comparatively small production run (so the price per unit goes up) to most items.

I DO think that at the "maxed out" level it's pretty close to "fair."  Three "standard" figures (~$25 each retail), one "deluxe" figure (We'll say ~$40 retail since he's bare bones, but big), and a large, tricked out vehicle with multiple interchangeable parts and electronics.  Add in free shipping if you're a Pulse Premium Member and about $150 of your $350 is accounted for in figures and shipping alone.  If you guys can find me a "customizer" who can provide any of us with a fully painted and detailed version of the Legends-scale Engine of Vengeance with equal quality, full electronics, and interchangeable parts for less than $200 shipped, then by all means send me a private message because I will gladly engage their services.

Unfortunately, that value is only if it meets the top tier, which seems all but impossible at this stage.  At this point it'll be shocking if it funds at all, and while I think Daimon is a neat addition I highly doubt he's gonna drive a big surge in sales.

While I'm interested in the Engine of Vengeance itself enough to buy it, I think I'll mostly be upset about that Madelyne.  While I suspect we might get her in a more, shall we say, conservative outfit at some point, I think her "most iconic" look is never gonna be allowed on regular store shelves.  MAYBE as some other kind of exclusive release...maybe.  But when folks keep saying "Hasbro's totally gonna release all these guys in the main line if the HasLab doesn't make it" I'll grant it's possible, but I'll also note that in 25 years no company has made a Marvel Legends Mephisto, and I suspect Hasbro (if not the Hasbro Marvel Legends team who I do believe would gladly make everyone happy all the time if they had an unlimited budget and no restrictions), will be just fine never releasing him (or at best offering him as part of a different Haslab).

Personally, I do think vehicles might not be the best way to go with future Marvel Legends HasLabs.  Most of the ones people clamor for are simply going to be too damn big to be practical for most folks (I'm sure a 5-6+ foot long Blackbird sounds awesome to folks but that's basically a piece of furniture at that point).  Even playsets I think (with maybe ONE exception...a modular-ish Danger Room playset) would probably be a non-starter due to collectors not willing to accept the compromises that would be required to get them down to practical sizes (and pricepoints).

Unfortunately, while I think lower-priced collections of "harder to market" items would be awesome, I think Hasbro has gotten the idea that HasLabs need to be big and flashy and say...a wave of "Supernatural" characters that might not go over great with Wal-Mart just doesn't have that "wow factor" that they want for HasLabs.  (Or, for example, a three-pack of Dan Ketch, Johnny Blaze, and Vengeance w/ bikes and interchangeable parts, which IMO would have been a lot easier to get people on board with...I think the Engine is cool but Robbie is the least-known Ghost Rider even with his television appearances). 

Ah well, barring a miracle (is that the right word given the theme of this Haslab?) I suppose we'll see what they offer next year.

On 10/27/2022 at 3:53 PM, whateverworks said:

I really want Daimon and Goblin Queen, and I’d support it at this level if I thought it would fund. I would be happy to have Robbie and Mephisto — right now the only thing stopping me from supporting again is that I don’t think it’s going to fund. If there were a little momentum i’m in. If they extended it a few weeks, or lowered the price just a little it would have a better chance imo. 

The main reason I don’t just back it is because I’m scared I’ll forget and pay $350 for just the car and Robbie and not get the stretch goals if that makes sense. If we hit the first stretch goal I’m all in.

On 10/27/2022 at 5:51 PM, Hulkwummy said:

From what I've read on a lot of the forums, a lot of the drop in numbers is from people that ordered the max of 5 sets initially to try to get the early bird and never intended to buy more than 1. If you look at the history of the numbers, the high of around 6,200 was hit right before the early bird deadline and has steadily been falling (mostly) ever since that wasn't met. I'm not saying that all of that 1400 difference is from that, but a significant amount of it might be. For example that 1400 would only represent 350 people who maxed their order at 5 when they only intended in the end to purchase 1. I'd place the blame on people trying to manipulate the spirit of the program more so than people that just changed their mind about backing it all... although I'm sure there are some of those as well. The general perception online of this project has been extremely negative from the get-go.

Personally I'd love all 4 figures and I'd be willing to pay some premium for them like maybe $150 combined for just the figures, but I just have minimal interest in the Hellcharger itself - to me, there's just no way I can personally value that at more than an additional $100 - which leaves me at a maximum that I'd be willing to pay of around $250 and this in reality will be closer to $400 after shipping. I consider myself a character completionist as there's never been a Marvel character to date made in the 6"-7" scale that I didn't buy from Hasbro, Toy Biz or Diamond (and that's true for DC as well across Mattel, McFarlane and DC Direct). I don't buy every version but I buy at least one version of every character, but even I can't justify this. I've paid nearly $100 on the aftermarket for figures in the past. I backed and bought both the Haslab Galactus and 3 HasLab Sentinels. It's not the $$$ itself, it's the value and the truth is I just don't value this vehicle enough to pay what they're asking. I'm a figure collector - I see that car and I just can't convince myself that it's worth more than $100 to me. I'd personally rather have any one of those 4 figures rather than the car itself.

Yes, I'll be bummed if these characters never get made but I've got a Marvel Select Mephisto and I've got 2 really good customs of the Goblin Queen. Now I'll just have a little stronger desire to complete customs for Hellstorm and Ghost Rider Robbie. The most complex part of either of them is Robbie's mask as everything else for those 2 characters would be a piece of cake.

On 10/28/2022 at 2:25 AM, leokearon said:

Wow Damion looks so bland. 

He is quite bland, but this is an easy figure with little more development other than paint and a head sculpt and it's right up Hasbro's alley. I do prefer this more classic look over his suit and tie look.

The thing about this is this is precisely the formula they shoulda used for the shirtless Iron Fist figure. The Pizza Spidey buck was a bit thin for him, but this buck would have been perfect. When and if they ever get around to doing a Classic Iron Fist or if they ever redo the Immortal Iron Fist in his white gear (with all the awesome alternate hands) this is what it needs to be. Throw the little sash belt on it, reuse those feet with the booties and get it done.

Daimon looks good. They may not release this version again, but they will release some version of him. They may obscure his pentagram (hide it with a jacket/vest or flame motif to cover it), or give him Shang-Chi's lower body and make it a Fan Channel, but I think he comes. Mephisto will come and Robbie Reyes will as well. I think they've released every single reveal they've ever had..and BiBeast & Lady Bullseye I think are the last 2 from that unreleased/nixed crop back in '09.

I would've liked to have the car, but I just couldn't justify that price. The car itself was maybe worth $100-$120, and that's being hella generous. Even secondary market vehicles are not that expensive.

On 10/28/2022 at 5:29 AM, nieman257 said:

"Daimon looks good. They may not release this version again, but they will release some version of him. They may obscure his pentagram (hide it with a jacket/vest or flame motif to cover it), or give him Shang-Chi's lower body and make it a Fan Channel, but I think he comes...."

I can't see any sensible reason to obscure the chest symbol, anymore than I would obscure Iron Fist's dragon brand. Just give give him his big red collared cape, with yellow/gold lining ( I wonder if that's kasha or silk?), flared yellow boots, and make the leggings red instead of brown or whatever that is. 

REALLY, what they should have done, was present him OR that Danny Ketch a lot of these guys like as the first reveal, then Goblin Queen in her classic suit, THEN big daddy Mephisto.  Throw in a motorcycle, knock the price down, and this project would have funded. 

On 10/28/2022 at 8:29 AM, nieman257 said:

Daimon looks good. They may not release this version again, but they will release some version of him. They may obscure his pentagram (hide it with a jacket/vest or flame motif to cover it), or give him Shang-Chi's lower body and make it a Fan Channel, but I think he comes. Mephisto will come and Robbie Reyes will as well. I think they've released every single reveal they've ever had..and BiBeast & Lady Bullseye I think are the last 2 from that unreleased/nixed crop back in '09.

I would've liked to have the car, but I just couldn't justify that price. The car itself was maybe worth $100-$120, and that's being hella generous. Even secondary market vehicles are not that expensive.

I'm thinking like you. The biggest indicator to me that a figure will be made is when a head sculpt is done. While they can get multiple uses out of a body, the head sculpts are rarely reusable. This body is obviously one they've used ad nauseam, but they have to pay to have every head sculpt they have done. People gotta understand, if these cats are too damn cheap to have an extra head sculpt made for Siryn and it also looks like they're not planning to include an unmasked sculpt for Yelena, they sure as hell aren't gonna have this head sculpt made and never use it. Mephisto is in a similar boat, as the fairly indistinct body mold will most likely have several uses, but the head sculpt is distinct and can only be used for Mephisto. Now, I wouldn't necessarily make a hard bet on Goblin Queen because it's basically just a reused body and a head sculpt of a beautiful woman. They could use that on possibly a future Jean Grey figure or any female character that hasn't been done yet. Hell, seeing as how you can't see half of Yelena's face, they could probably use it as her unmasked head sculpt. Changing the hair sculpt is easy enough.

On 10/28/2022 at 5:05 PM, tarot said:

Just realized that all the figures are red heads in some way. lol 

Do Hasbro have something against redheads? no wonder it's taking so long to do Rachel Summer.

Dude, you broke the cod! We were all scratching our heads wondering how these tier characters were connected. Ginger Power! With the BS Hasbro's been pulling with this trainwreck of a Haslab I wouldn't put it past them to give us one final kick in the no-no square by revealing Rachel in her in her Excalibur gear, with an alternate Hound head sculpt, as the 4th tier reveal.

On 10/27/2022 at 10:49 PM, NotNamed said:

There's no reason they can't do a collection of figures. They've done lower price points on the last two Transformers Haslabs.

They have but both of those Transformers were pretty "super deluxe."  I do agree that technically there's nothing stopping them, but I feel like folks above the Marvel team's heads have an idea of what Haslabs are "supposed" to be and would not be "wowed" enough to greenlight what is essentially a spare wave of oddball or controversial characters.  I'd love to be proven wrong though.

On 10/28/2022 at 11:05 PM, tarot said:

Just realized that all the figures are red heads in some way. lol 

Do Hasbro have something against redheads? no wonder it's taking so long to do Rachel Summer.

I'm not sure about Hasbro but Marvel certainly do, given they don't like MJ and preferred Emma to Jean

On 10/28/2022 at 9:29 AM, nieman257 said:

I say again:  Find me a directly comparable vehicle in terms of quality and features in this scale for $100-$120, and link us ASAP.  I'm sure a great many people here would gladly shell out $100-$120 for such a thing.

I'm also pretty sure you're going to be looking a looooong time because such a thing probably doesn't exist.