Jump to content

Marvel Legends 2022 Haslab Live-Stream Coverage


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

tbh i prefer the version with pink skin that wears a full body red leotard (or whatever) over the mostly nude with red skin version, but not a big deal, still very recognizably Mephisto.

Anyhow good looking figure but of course not worth shelling out for a Haslab just to get him imo so I guess i won't be adding him to the collection.

I do think if the haslab fails they will find another way to release the figure in a year or two, possibly as part of an sdcc or pulse-exclusive set.  Have a 3-pack with Mephiso and A) Strange & Doom  B) Thanos and Nebula  or C) Spidey & Mary Jane.  Or have a "re-released tiers" 2-pack with Mephisto and Surfer. Whatever there are a lot of possibilities for pairing this "controversial" character with more mainstream ones, or of course they could go the other way and have a Mephisto / Blackheart 2 pack or whatever. 

Goblin Queen same deal would probably need to be some sort of only-hasbro exclusive like the Hellfire Club ladies,  Having her as a tier for the GR haslab is likely to get some x-fans pretty upset but otoh seems unlikely this lab would hit that tier

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the Legends team, but you always have to take what they say with a grain of salt. Like when they said we’d not get Robbie except as an early bird but we got the alternate head. Or when they said we’d not get any more hints but we get an obvious Madeleine Pryor nod. So when they tell us we’ll never get the stretch figures if we don’t buy the Hellcharger, I have to conclude that we’ll get this essential X-villain at some point even if the community continues to conclude that this was a badly handled Haslab

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2022 at 3:49 PM, Audie said:

I love the Legends team, but you always have to take what they say with a grain of salt. Like when they said we’d not get Robbie except as an early bird but we got the alternate head. Or when they said we’d not get any more hints but we get an obvious Madeleine Pryor nod. So when they tell us we’ll never get the stretch figures if we don’t buy the Hellcharger, I have to conclude that we’ll get this essential X-villain at some point even if the community continues to conclude that this was a badly handled Haslab

It doesn't help that when Nova was revealed and Galactus was struggling, they said that if The Big G wasn't back it would be a few years before Nova would be released. The think here is instead of giving figures related to Robbie (which to be honest there aren't that many) like the other two HasLabs, they are going for the figures we can never release at retail strategy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2022 at 5:17 AM, Amazing_Spidey said:

I feel like if what they were offering fans in the way of the actual Haslab item, i.e. a Sentinel or Galactus quality piece, rather than - a car - the campaign would worry so much about the unlocks to sell it. Offer a quality piece for a reasonable price and it will sell regardless of unlockable content.

Agree. If you have to dangle some other items out to bait your customers to buy the main item, then clearly you know its overpriced in the first place. Holding these other figures out there as hostage is a crappy way to deal with the fans, and not the way to do business. There's been a PR backlash against hasblo and they know it, but they figure they can weather the storm for now. I think that if fans refuse to give in (to either coersion or fomo), then the tiers won't get funded, sure. But most likely we'll see these proposed figures down the road. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2022 at 5:17 AM, JayC said:
When Hasbro announced they would be including the alternate human head earlier this week the campaign had dropped to 5,419 Backers. Since then the counter has gone up and down seeing it's biggest boost after yesterday's panel.

This actually isn't completely true. As of 9AM Pacific on 9/28 the campaign had 5,421 Backers. One hour later the alternate human head announcement went out from the Hasbro team. By the following day (9/29 at 9AM PST) it had gained 67 Backers to reach a total of 5,488. This was the first (and biggest) gain observed since the campaign failed to reach Early Bird funding at the end of 9/23. Yesterday (at 9AM PST) the count was down to 5,480 Backers. Later that afternoon the "Goblin Queen" unlock was teased. As of 9AM PST today, the campaign has gained 13 Backers in the last 24 hours to reach a total of 5493 Backers. I'm only correcting your reporting because I think it's important to note that the biggest gains observed in these campaigns typically happen when the Hasbro team is up front and honest regarding what fans can expect. Definitively informing backers that Robbie Reyes was not lost in the ether was a far more successful play than showing a "pumpkin pie" jewel representing a potential Goblin Queen.

In case it wasn't obvious, I track this campaign (as well as all other HasLabs) daily at 9AM Pacific Time to create fun reports including updated high, low, and average estimates for where they could end. If anyone is interested in seeing more of my HasLab Dashboards, you can find them (for free) on https://www.patreon.com/denxmedia, or at several of my social channels: https://www.facebook.com/denxmedia & https://www.instagram.com/denxmedia/ 

Here's is yesterday's Engine of Vengeance dashboard for reference:
 

GR_Dashboard_09-30-22.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too little, too late, and again, just too damn much, bottom line. I wish they would just stop now. Not only is this not tipping the scale but with every tier they show that's another much wanted character we're "never going to see anywhere else". So now, supposedly there are two very highly demanded figures we might never see because this ill thought out campaign is sure to fail. Funding it isn't even the major issue anymore. Funding and meeting these ridiculously far apart tiers is much less likely. Just take it down Hasbro. Admit you were wrong, rework the numbers, or at least act like you reworked the numbers and just do better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2022 at 12:21 PM, DenXMedia said:

This actually isn't completely true. As of 9AM Pacific on 9/28 the campaign had 5,421 Backers. One hour later the alternate human head announcement went out from the Hasbro team. By the following day (9/29 at 9AM PST) it had gained 67 Backers to reach a total of 5,488. This was the first (and biggest) gain observed since the campaign failed to reach Early Bird funding at the end of 9/23. Yesterday (at 9AM PST) the count was down to 5,480 Backers. Later that afternoon the "Goblin Queen" unlock was teased. As of 9AM PST today, the campaign has gained 13 Backers in the last 24 hours to reach a total of 5493 Backers. I'm only correcting your reporting because I think it's important to note that the biggest gains observed in these campaigns typically happen when the Hasbro team is up front and honest regarding what fans can expect. Definitively informing backers that Robbie Reyes was not lost in the ether was a far more successful play than showing a "pumpkin pie" jewel representing a potential Goblin Queen.

In case it wasn't obvious, I track this campaign (as well as all other HasLabs) daily at 9AM Pacific Time to create fun reports including updated high, low, and average estimates for where they could end. If anyone is interested in seeing more of my HasLab Dashboards, you can find them (for free) on https://www.patreon.com/denxmedia, or at several of my social channels: https://www.facebook.com/denxmedia & https://www.instagram.com/denxmedia/ 

Here's is yesterday's Engine of Vengeance dashboard for reference:
 

GR_Dashboard_09-30-22.jpg

I see you working there, buddy and I'm sure your numbers are good, but 67......and 13? I wouldn't exactly call that an positive upward trend. This thing lost almost 1,000 backers almost overnight. Not even Goblin Queen can save this thing. It's done and done. Only way they can revive this thing is for Hasbro to admit this was a bad idea and ask (not necessarily beg) for the fans' forgiveness, and ultimately realign this thing to a better price or include more guaranteed product, or better yet, both. And we all know that ain't gonna happen, so for all intents and purposes this thing is effectively DOA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2022 at 9:25 PM, monron999 said:

I see you working there, buddy and I'm sure your numbers are good, but 67......and 13? I wouldn't exactly call that an positive upward trend. This thing lost almost 1,000 backers almost overnight. Not even Goblin Queen can save this thing. It's done and done. Only way they can revive this thing is for Hasbro to admit this was a bad idea and ask (not necessarily beg) for the fans' forgiveness, and ultimately realign this thing to a better price or include more guaranteed product, or better yet, both. And we all know that ain't gonna happen, so for all intents and purposes this thing is effectively DOA.

Since my report this morning its lost 10 more backers so the backer count still continues to struggle and at this point if nothing else there is a psychological aspect now at play. Even if the stretch goals were enough to entice people, the fact it doesnt seem likely it will get to any of the stretch goals will keep people from backing it.

This is a case where I think the stretch goals are more appealing than the main product offering and we are seeing that's not enough to save one of these things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2022 at 2:21 PM, DenXMedia said:

This actually isn't completely true. As of 9AM Pacific on 9/28 the campaign had 5,421 Backers. One hour later the alternate human head announcement went out from the Hasbro team. By the following day (9/29 at 9AM PST) it had gained 67 Backers to reach a total of 5,488. This was the first (and biggest) gain observed since the campaign failed to reach Early Bird funding at the end of 9/23. Yesterday (at 9AM PST) the count was down to 5,480 Backers. Later that afternoon the "Goblin Queen" unlock was teased. As of 9AM PST today, the campaign has gained 13 Backers in the last 24 hours to reach a total of 5493 Backers. I'm only correcting your reporting because I think it's important to note that the biggest gains observed in these campaigns typically happen when the Hasbro team is up front and honest regarding what fans can expect. Definitively informing backers that Robbie Reyes was not lost in the ether was a far more successful play than showing a "pumpkin pie" jewel representing a potential Goblin Queen.

In case it wasn't obvious, I track this campaign (as well as all other HasLabs) daily at 9AM Pacific Time to create fun reports including updated high, low, and average estimates for where they could end. If anyone is interested in seeing more of my HasLab Dashboards, you can find them (for free) on https://www.patreon.com/denxmedia, or at several of my social channels: https://www.facebook.com/denxmedia & https://www.instagram.com/denxmedia/ 

Here's is yesterday's Engine of Vengeance dashboard for reference:
 

GR_Dashboard_09-30-22.jpg

Your tracking it closer than me so you may be seeing peeks I missed but the overall gist of the article is the same and at the end of the day this thing is not likely gonna make it. Since my report this morning its lost 10 backers, at least as I type this it has. So the counter is still struggling as opposed to steadily going up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, it sure doesn't look like we're going to get a Hell Charger and Mephisto next year. I only collect Marvel Legends, so I don't follow what has happened with Haslab's other lines. But things like the Rancor, and whatever tier add ons it had, were never released in another format, where they? If not, I wonder what our chances are of getting Mephisto down the line. More than being just a tier, Mephisto is one of the biggest bads in the Marvel Universe and seems to be on most all collector's lists to be made. So I wonder.

He seems to be using parts from the Knull buck... I don't mind since he can appear to be any size and shape at will, so scale isn't a big issue for him to me. But as others have mentioned, his classic pinkish skin and leotard suit would be what I would prefer to get after waiting 20 years. This one isn't bad, it's just it could be better. Is anyone else of the mind that if this Haslab fails, the design team may go back and refine this figure more to a classic look and maybe we get it down the line in a few years? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2022 at 8:24 AM, JTO_Enews said:

I hope the Legends collecting community sees the opportunity in front of them to take back buying power.  When you unite behind a common cause, you can do wonders- Never forget that.  Hold the line, stay strong, and you can make Hasbro do anything.

I hear that Canadian collectors of hasblo's GI Joe line were so fed up not getting them, and then when they finally did the prices were thru the roof. So now the fans are making them peg warm. 

I wont say this haslab is finished as failed, but it if did fail it wouldnt be a bad thing. All hasb has to do is listen to the fans; they (we) will buy the products, but not just any product at just any price. Over pricing and deliberate underproduction is not right. They can put out Mephisto and Reyes and anybody else they want later as singles, or tack them onto a 2-3 pack deal, its up to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2022 at 12:24 PM, JTO_Enews said:

I hope the Legends collecting community sees the opportunity in front of them to take back buying power.  When you unite behind a common cause, you can do wonders- Never forget that.  Hold the line, stay strong, and you can make Hasbro do anything.

Yes, the collecting community can definitely choose to not back the Haslab. I'm not exactly sure how that's making hasbro "do anything".  I feel like the takeaway from this will be not to bother with larger 1:12 vehicles, especially with the rider line now more or less defunct (rumoured skycycle not withstanding).   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2022 at 3:26 AM, JayC said:

Your tracking it closer than me so you may be seeing peeks I missed but the overall gist of the article is the same and at the end of the day this thing is not likely gonna make it. Since my report this morning its lost 10 backers, at least as I type this it has. So the counter is still struggling as opposed to steadily going up.

So hasbro is messing with the numbers, making it look like people are backing it again.. also hasbro went back on their word again about not showing any new tier reveals... the way they sneaked in the Goblin Queen jewel in the Mephiso picture...  Just show everything with this haslab or do what you said you were going to do and sit back shut up don't show anything and watch it fail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2022 at 2:50 PM, Typhis said:

So hasbro is messing with the numbers, making it look like people are backing it again.. also hasbro went back on their word again about not showing any new tier reveals... the way they sneaked in the Goblin Queen jewel in the Mephiso picture...  Just show everything with this haslab or do what you said you were going to do and sit back shut up don't show anything and watch it fail.

 Why would they do that dude? if it doesn't get backed, then they don't have to make it. They don't have to pay for the material to do for it and they can save on money. People said the same thing for the Sentinel, galactus and pretty much every haslab. They don't mess with the numbers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2022 at 2:32 AM, bashpics99 said:

Yes, the collecting community can definitely choose to not back the Haslab. I'm not exactly sure how that's making hasbro "do anything".  I feel like the takeaway from this will be not to bother with larger 1:12 vehicles, especially with the rider line now more or less defunct (rumoured skycycle not withstanding).   

Don't think vehicles are the issue, as the hasbro HISS tank demonstrated. Its the cost and the appeal of this particular vehicle.  This thing simply does not warrant that price tag, and these figures they're proposing, aren't all that spectacular either. The charger is nice, yes. But it ain't nicer than the HISS tank, and even that was overpriced. At least on that, you get quite a big bang for your buck. 

Hasblo wants to make money. Nothing wrong with that. Greedy? Yeah. But that's what companies do. What consumers/collectors have to do, is get smarter about where to spend their dollar. Yes, the collecting community does influence (if not "make") hasbro what does. If they see that collectors are willing to overpay for this, then best believe all the figures are going up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TBH I’d love to get the Hellcharger, even if it were always proposed to be just the car and GR. But like many, it’s the asking price that has me shying away as the tiers feel unattainable.

I knew when the Sentinel shattered expectations that this situation would arise. I foresaw Hasbro continually charging more and more because our desire for the Haslabs made them feel we’d pay any cost to get their product,

i don’t want to see the project fail but if it does maybe Hasbro will realize that they can’t expect us to blindly purchase their stuff at any price. 

I was shocked to see the asking price for this project on the heels of the general price increases across the board. Many of us were still complaining about those hikes and then to get this project that felt overpriced. Enough is enough

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2022 at 12:03 AM, Atlantis said:

Don't think vehicles are the issue, as the hasbro HISS tank demonstrated. Its the cost and the appeal of this particular vehicle.  This thing simply does not warrant that price tag, and these figures they're proposing, aren't all that spectacular either. The charger is nice, yes. But it ain't nicer than the HISS tank, and even that was overpriced. At least on that, you get quite a big bang for your buck. 

Hasblo wants to make money. Nothing wrong with that. Greedy? Yeah. But that's what companies do. What consumers/collectors have to do, is get smarter about where to spend their dollar. Yes, the collecting community does influence (if not "make") hasbro what does. If they see that collectors are willing to overpay for this, then best believe all the figures are going up. 

Yeah, Hasbro have over-estimated the HellCharger's appeal. It's nowhere near the Hiss Tank's iconic recognition. As pretty much everyone else has stated it is overpriced. This might still get backed but I would see it just getting it. Of course, that would still give Hasbro carte blanche to charge more for their figures even if the world stabilises and production cost go down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2022 at 8:59 AM, tarot said:

 Why would they do that dude? if it doesn't get backed, then they don't have to make it. They don't have to pay for the material to do for it and they can save on money. People said the same thing for the Sentinel, galactus and pretty much every haslab. They don't mess with the numbers.

To get people to back it...Thought it was common knowledge that they fudge the numbers...I'm not saying it's every haslabs, but maybe one or two.... Isn't it the backers that pay for materials...that's why it cost so much...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2022 at 2:01 PM, Typhis said:

To get people to back it...Thought it was common knowledge that they fudge the numbers...I'm not saying it's every haslabs, but maybe one or two.... Isn't it the backers that pay for materials...that's why it cost so much...

dude they do not fudge the numbers. People who say that are usually the ones that can't accept that something it being back when they don't like it. Hasbro is actually better off not having this backed. They don't have to pay for it to be made and there by save money in the long run. They don't need to fudge the numbers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Satam locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE