New Ant-Man And The Wasp Quantumania Poster From SDCC

JayC

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually kind of glad we haven't gotten toys yet. This way we avoid bafs and figures that are based on concept art, or edited almost completely out of the movie. They can see what works and make figures out of those instead of guessing.

On 1/10/2023 at 4:36 PM, since83 said:

I'm actually kind of glad we haven't gotten toys yet. This way we avoid bafs and figures that are based on concept art, or edited almost completely out of the movie. They can see what works and make figures out of those instead of guessing.

yeah no. the figure will still be based on the concept art mate. it takes a year for Hasbro make design, prototype and produce figures and given that this movie was brought forward by nearly half a year, the figure will be rushed even more.

On 1/10/2023 at 11:41 AM, tarot said:

yeah no. the figure will still be based on the concept art mate. it takes a year for Hasbro make design, prototype and produce figures and given that this movie was brought forward by nearly half a year, the figure will be rushed even more.

Yeah I was going to say exactly this, anybody who thinks because we are getting the figures a bit later, shouldn't think it means they are producing product based on more recent details from the movie, figures are a year in advance.

anyways new Trailer looking great, but can I be the person who says I hate that they had to make Darren Cross MODOK, not feeling that, what couldn't it have been George Tarleton? why did they have to shoehorn in a old character, This has no comic connection. But I will just be cool, and see the final outcome.

On 1/10/2023 at 4:44 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I was going to say exactly this, anybody who thinks because we are getting the figures a bit later, shouldn't think it means they are producing product based on more recent details from the movie, figures are a year in advance.

anyways new Trailer looking great, but can I be the person who says I hate that they had to make Darren Cross MODOK, not feeling that, what couldn't it have been George Tarleton? why did they have to shoehorn in a old character, This has no comic connection. But I will just be cool, and see the final outcome.

i think it works in the content of the MCU. Darren shrinking and being malformed from the first movie works for the MODOK they are trying to do for this movie. Given that AIM was shoehorned into Iron Man 3 they couldn't use them in this movie. Plus Modok is such a goofy character design it can't really be taken seriously unless they do this, the good use of the character in the Avengers game not withstanding.

On 1/10/2023 at 11:58 AM, tarot said:

i think it works in the content of the MCU. Darren shrinking and being malformed from the first movie works for the MODOK they are trying to do for this movie. Given that AIM was shoehorned into Iron Man 3 they couldn't use them in this movie. Plus Modok is such a goofy character design it can't really be taken seriously unless they do this, the good use of the character in the Avengers game not withstanding.

Yeah I get why they did it, and it makes sense in connective tissue and telling an arc'ing story, probably easier to go this route then just making a whole new character, plus MODOK could really be anyone, and there have been many iterations throughout the years, I'll reserve judgement until I see the film, I just kinda wished he was a brand new character, but I'm sure in the end it won't matter, that's just from my initial standpoint, since I like when they lean into the source material rather then going in their own direction.

I'm hoping at the end of the movie MODOK/Cross becomes the new leader of AIM. I doubt it'll happen, but I can hope. I wish AIM had a larger footprint in the MCU given how important they are in the comics. IM 3 had some issues, but it shouldn't negate AIM, or the set up for Man Things origin.

I like the poster that just shows them in their helmets. I don't like to see characters unmasked, just to pander to some actors' vanity. Its not like people didn't go see any of the Karloff Frankenstein movies or the Invisible Man, just because the poster didn't showcase their real face. 

Kang's outfit is looking pretty good. I hope this movie does well!

On 1/11/2023 at 5:43 AM, Atlantis said:

I like the poster that just shows them in their helmets. I don't like to see characters unmasked, just to pander to some actors' vanity. Its not like people didn't go see any of the Karloff Frankenstein movies or the Invisible Man, just because the poster didn't showcase their real face. 

Kang's outfit is looking pretty good. I hope this movie does well!

It's not actor vanity. It's the Marketing department is going for actor recognition to try and get fans of those actors to go watch the movie. I hate it as well, especially as it is the heroes and villains you are going to see. I'm going to see a Spider-Man movie not a Peter Parker movie.

This is the most hyped I've been for a movie since No Way Home, I can't wait to see this. Kang looks great and formidable as hell. First time I've ever actually been scared for Scott lol. It seems like it'll be a much different tone from the first two. 

But hopefully this means we see the wave revealed soon. This trailer gave us good looks at all the figures that were supposed to be in the wave, Kang, Ant-Man and Wasp, and the potential BAF MODOK. Maybe next Monday or something?

On 1/10/2023 at 9:36 AM, since83 said:

The figures would still be based on concept art regardless if they released them last month or next month, Hasbro makes them like a year in advance either way. That's why the NWH wave is almost 2 years late, they waited until they saw the movie to design the figures because of all the secrecy. I doubt anything like that happened with Quantumania.

On 1/11/2023 at 2:38 PM, Ironspider428 said:

The figures would still be based on concept art regardless if they released them last month or next month, Hasbro makes them like a year in advance either way. That's why the NWH wave is almost 2 years late, they waited until they saw the movie to design the figures because of all the secrecy. I doubt anything like that happened with Quantumania.

Yeah, it's more than likely the original street date might still be in effect.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:09 AM, leokearon said:

Yeah, it's more than likely the original street date might still be in effect.

It is weird that we haven't even seen a peep of the wave yet though. I feel like in the past Hasbro has revealed the comic figures earlier or the entire wave would have surfaced overseas or at Target lol. 

On 1/14/2023 at 3:21 AM, Ironspider428 said:

It is weird that we haven't even seen a peep of the wave yet though. I feel like in the past Hasbro has revealed the comic figures earlier or the entire wave would have surfaced overseas or at Target lol. 

Maybe there is no wave, people have just been imagining that there will be one...

On 1/14/2023 at 3:07 AM, leokearon said:

Maybe there is no wave, people have just been imagining that there will be one...

Maybe they reviewed the numbers from the last time they released Ant-Man movie figures and realized they still have a warehouse full of Wasps.

spacer.png

On 1/14/2023 at 7:26 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Maybe they reviewed the numbers from the last time they released Ant-Man movie figures and realized they still have a warehouse full of Wasps.

spacer.png

It's a shame because the Wasp was a great figure and didn't deserve to be a Shelfwarmer

On 1/15/2023 at 3:07 AM, leokearon said:

It's a shame because the Wasp was a great figure and didn't deserve to be a Shelfwarmer

No exactly it was a strange occurrence, that I think likely came down to just to many Wasps in circulation, She was double packed in the assortment, and from what I know there were full cases of her and Ant-Man, which lead to her shelfwarming, it wasn't because she was a bad figure, she was actually one of the best figures in that wave IMO after Black Knight.

but I still see Wasps around, it's likely the greatest shelfwarmer of all Marvel Legends time, and since it's release has yet to be dethroned

Marvel has released a whole collection of new character and theater promotional posters and a new TV spot for "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania."

Ant-Man and the Wasp battle Kang the Conqueror in the quantum realm.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania stars Paul Rudd, Kathryn Newton, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jonathan Majors, Bill Murray, Gregg Turkington, Randall Park

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania is scheduled for release on February 17th, 2023

antman_and_the_wasp_quantumania_ver5_xlg.jpg

antman_and_the_wasp_quantumania_ver6_xlg.jpg

antman_and_the_wasp_quantumania_ver7_xlg.jpg

antman_and_the_wasp_quantumania_ver8_xlg.jpg

antman_and_the_wasp_quantumania_ver9_xlg.jpg

antman_and_the_wasp_quantumania_ver10_xlg.jpg

antman_and_the_wasp_quantumania_ver11_xlg.jpg

antman_and_the_wasp_quantumania_ver12_xlg.jpg

antman_and_the_wasp_quantumania_ver13_xlg.jpg

antman_and_the_wasp_quantumania_ver14_xlg.jpg

antman_and_the_wasp_quantumania_ver15_xlg.jpg

All of the reveals shared so far this year had May or earlier anticipated release dates on Rektangular's list and he's nailed them all so far. Star-Lord, Ronan and Yondu weren't on his list because they were store exclusives. According to Rektangular the Ant-Man movie wave had a July release date which is also when the Marvels movie wave and the next Disney+ wave were expected to drop. He actually had the GOTG3 and ITSV2 waves dropping in May, which are the only things with a project May or earlier release date that haven't been officially revealed. I can't help but wonder if this is all because of movie release schedule changes that occurred after figure release dates had already been originally set. Whenever they're released, I know that I'm looking forward to adding Crossfire and Egghead from the Quantumania wave and likely Future Ant-Man, and maybe gold Ultron. I'll pass on all of the actual movie figures (Scott, Hope, Kang and BAF MODOK).